Game available for pre-order now!

2»

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Just the fact that it's a Jurassic Park game is good enough for me. lol
  • edited February 2011
    That was good enough for me too lol. I am concerned that they haven't announced an end of season disc yet though.
  • edited February 2011
    Hmm, this time i feel sorry for TT because offering a discount of $5 is a real benefit in my eyes, more than some pseudo exclusive pre-order forum access, thumbs up for this one.

What i would be interested in to know is what do you actually pre-order?

Will it be an adventure game, an interactive movie, an action game, ...? I don't have the bandwith to check out the gameplay video right now and i haven't found some information in the press material.
  • edited February 2011
    Got to admit I'll be ordering this soon.
  • edited February 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    That was good enough for me too lol. I am concerned that they haven't announced an end of season disc yet though.

No need for concern, Jurassic Park will have an end of season disc.
  • edited February 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    *Incorrect*
    Atleast i think so! I heard that for this game TT is getting 100% and Steam is taking none

Huh?
  • edited February 2011

Glad to hear that.

Now all I need is a video that shows a real puzzle or two and I will pre-order (though with the reservation that I don't want all Telltale games to become like this ;) ).
  • edited February 2011

I'll be getting that too then. lol
  • edited February 2011

What does this mean? I'm not familiar with Telltale Games besides BTTF and when i got the Sam & Max full season for wii that i havn't opened (now that i think about it, ima try it right now!). Is this a DvD or just a disk that has all the episodes in one? and will we be able to get this if we dont do pre-order and wait till the release day? please lemme kno!
  • edited February 2011
    This is a helpful thread. I learned answers to the two things I needed to know: (1) Will an optional DVD be made available after the end of the season? Yes. (2) Will Steam be required or optional? Thank goodness, Steam is optional, not mandatory. My pre-order has been placed.
  • edited February 2011
    Huh?

On one of the sites it said that TT is getting 100% of the money for JP even if u buy it on Steam, and tahts why i was doing it that way... is this not true?? I gotta find that link!

Hey... also, at the end of the season there is this DvD but if you buy it on Steam, i take it you dont get the DvD, right? I wan't the DvD but im prolly gonna get the game on Steam just because of convienience, plus I could pick up the DvD on eBay if i dont get it here... Please anwer the question, someone!
  • edited February 2011
    well, i've decided. i'm not preordering. what i've seen so far has just made me less and less interested, and the 5$ discount doesn't mean anything if you consider how often Telltale gives out discounts. I might buy it at a later opportunity
  • edited February 2011
    On one of the sites it said that TT is getting 100% of the money for JP even if u buy it on Steam, and tahts why i was doing it that way... is this not true?? I gotta find that link!

Steam takes a cut of everything it sells. Some insiders have leaked that they take as much as 40%. On Telltale's own site there is no middle-man, they make the games and sell them to you directly and they get to keep the full purchase price.

Basically if you want to support the developers as much as possible then buy straight from them here on the site. You also get a DRM free (usually) DVD for the cost of shipping when you order here, meaning no one can ever take your games from you by closing their service. :)
  • edited February 2011
    Steam takes a cut of everything it sells. Some insiders have leaked that they take as much as 40%. On Telltale's own site there is no middle-man, they make the games and sell them to you directly and they get to keep the full purchase price.

Basically if you want to support the developers as much as possible then buy straight from them here on the site. You also get a DRM free (usually) DVD for the cost of shipping when you order here, meaning no one can ever take your games from you by closing their service. :)

Okay, and if I decided not to buy it from here though, i can get it on a disk at a later time, correct?
  • edited February 2011
    Okay, and if I decided not to buy it from here though, i can get it on a disk at a later time, correct?

Yes, you can buy it from the TTG store, but if you pre-order on the site, you get the disk for free, and just pay shipping wich is usually around 4 dollars for me at least.

But if you pre order it on steam you have to pay full price for the DVD, plus shipping.
  • edited February 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Yes, you can buy it from the TTG store, but if you pre-order on the site, you get the disk for free, and just pay shipping wich is usually around 4 dollars for me at least.

But if you pre order it on steam you have to pay full price for the DVD, plus shipping.

Oh crap ur right, if i do Steam i buy it there for $35 and then have to pay again for the disk, and since ima buy it for any console it comes out for, that could be a lot of money!
  • edited February 2011
    Will someone explain to me how buying JP on Steam is more convenient than TT's site when you have to download it either way?
  • edited February 2011
    Most people like playing their games through steam. Especially if the have those awards/medals things in the game.

For me, I just pre-ordered from TT's site cause I'm not really a heavy steam user. I also pre ordered it cause I don't want to wait for it to come to PSN before I play it. I want to play it NOW!! lol But when it does come to PSN I'll get it for that too cause I want the trophies. I'm a trophy whore when it comes to the PSN.
  • edited February 2011
    Most people like playing their games through steam. Especially if the have those awards/medals things in the game.

For me, I just pre-ordered from TT's site cause I'm not really a heavy steam user. I also pre ordered it cause I don't want to wait for it to come to PSN before I play it. I want to play it NOW!! lol But when it does come to PSN I'll get it for that too cause I want the trophies. I'm a trophy whore when it comes to the PSN.

Ya, im not a heavy steam user, all i have is UT3, BTTF from TTG, and Half Life 2 because it was influenced by Jurassic Park: Trespasser but it is pretty convienient. I just decided im gonna by JP offa steam first and buy the disk for PC and any other consoles its released on later, that way Telltale gets more money and I have more possibilities of playing it different ways!
  • edited February 2011
    Sure, I can explain it all in this post.

1. When you buy straight from Telltale the profits go straight to telltale.
    2. When you buy it from steam, telltale only gets about a certain percentages. If you play on steam a lot download them from here and add them to your steam library. It's what I do.

I think Downloading from steam and TTG both have their advantages for instance.

When you download directly from TTG, in runs and installs straight on your computer..the down side is logging into your account here for the DRM, you only have to do it once, but it still takes time, rather than getting straight to the game.

On steam you have to pay a little more, but it's always on your account and has to go through Steams DRM of just logging into your account. Bad side of that is logging into your steam account every time you want to play, instead of just clicking on the desktop image.
  • edited February 2011
    I actually find that Telltale games clutter up your Steam library. I pre-ordered The Devil's Playhouse through Telltale but to get tf2 items you had to activate the game on Steam. All five episodes are sitting in my Steam library with their individual shortcuts. I don't even play them through Steam :S
  • edited February 2011
    I actually find that Telltale games clutter up your Steam library. I pre-ordered The Devil's Playhouse through Telltale but to get tf2 items you had to activate the game on Steam. All five episodes are sitting in my Steam library with their individual shortcuts. I don't even play them through Steam :S

Oh yeah, it seems that is happening with BTTF, my first downloadable purchased game from TT but I dont mind because i can handle 4 extra links if the game is as entertaining as BTTF is turning out to be... can't wait for ep 3 and Jurassic Park ep1!
  • edited February 2011
    I'm starting to hope it does run on my laptop. I mean, I've run a lot of game on my laptop so far with no problem but some newer games won't run cause of my graphics card. And I can't upgrade my graphics card cause it's a laptop.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm starting to hope it does run on my laptop. I mean, I've run a lot of game on my laptop so far with no problem but some newer games won't run cause of my graphics card. And I can't upgrade my graphics card cause it's a laptop.

You can see the system requirements here. http://store.steampowered.com/app/94540/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

Well, I will have to upgrade my pc before the game's release - as soon as I'm absolutely sure I'll buy it.
  • edited February 2011
    When exactly will the game be released? At the beginning of April?
  • edited February 2011
    When exactly will the game be released? At the beginning of April?

It's hard to say...could be the begining could, could be the middle, could be the end...we will find out hopefully two weeks before the game is launched.
  • edited February 2011
    It will probably be the last week of April, I think.
  • edited February 2011
    the game will be launched first in europe or usa?
  • edited February 2011
    Stronzo wrote: »
    the game will be launched first in europe or usa?

North America, but the day N.America gets it, Europe will have it the same time.
  • edited February 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    North America, but the day N.America gets it, Europe will have it the same time.

so it will be released in europe with some hours of delay?
  • edited February 2011
    No delay. The game will be released at the same exact moment worldwide. But keep in mind that the same moment doesn't mean the same time.
    So, just imagine that Telltale releases the game when in California is Tuesday April 12, 17:00.
    Then, in Spain and Italy the time would be Wednesday April 13, 02:00.
    The hours are different, but it's the same moment, no delay.
  • edited February 2011
    No delay. The game will be released at the same exact moment worldwide. But keep in mind that the same moment doesn't mean the same time.
    So, just imagine that Telltale releases the game when in California is Tuesday April 12, 17:00.
    Then, in Spain and Italy the time would be Wednesday April 12, 02:00.
    The hours are different, but it's the same moment, no delay.

thanks for the explanation!
  • edited February 2011
    And if it is one second late we get the whole thing free???
  • edited February 2011
    And if it is one second late we get the whole thing free???

Nope!
  • edited February 2011
    Nope!

haha, i kno, i was jk. I already get them free because I own Jurassic Park so ha!
  • edited February 2011
    haha, i kno, i was jk. I already get them free because I own Jurassic Park so ha!

If by free you mean $29.99 than yes, you are getting them all for free :p
  • edited February 2011
    this has to be the best 30$ i have spent in the last 3 years on a game
  • edited February 2011
    if by free you mean $29.99 than yes, you are getting them all for free :p

yesssss!!!!!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.