Open Letter to Telltale, anyone reading this forum (The XBox issue)

2»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Nothing can be confirmed at this point.
  • edited March 2011
    wish bones wrote: »
    ps3 is sorta lame with trophies...achievements are better

Same here.

It's called "achieve something" not "trophy something" for a reason...

btw Nice avatar :D
  • edited March 2011
    LOL what does it matter what its called? They are the same thing.
  • edited March 2011
    Wasn't really serious, love my PS3 the same way I love my Xbox 360.
    You don't want to know how....
    Well the trophies are clearly a rip off of the achievements, same goes with the PS3 button in the middle.
  • edited March 2011
    No trophies/achievements please. It's killing immersion. Where in the movie (and this game pretend to be movie alike) you can get trophies?
  • edited March 2011
    Dennis Nedry is 2 feet under...
    that would be a cool achievement/trophy.
  • edited March 2011
    nothing has been confirmed by telltale wich consoles it will be released for or if it will be released for consoles, and the fact is all games released on PS3 and X-Box are required to have acheivments/Trophies.
  • edited March 2011
    veki wrote: »
    No trophies/achievements please. It's killing immersion. Where in the movie (and this game pretend to be movie alike) you can get trophies?

Clearly you do not have the super secret BEIGE-RAY discs..
    68834609.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Now, I wonder what kind of tropy you would get if your eaten off a toilet?

Mmmmm...Chinese, or This Tastes Funny.
  • edited March 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Now, I wonder what kind of tropy you would get if your eaten off a toilet?

Mmmmm...Chinese, or This Tastes Funny.

"when you gotta go, you gotta GOooooOH GAWD AAAAAHHH" trophy unlocked.
  • edited March 2011
    No trophies/achievements please.

Trophies/achievements are mandatory on their respective platforms.
    Icedhope wrote: »
    nothing has been confirmed by telltale wich consoles it will be released for or if it will be released for consoles,

The Jurassic Park fall console release on the main page of this site and the following quote from a recent Telltale e-mail:

Jurassic Park comes to life on PC/Mac this April and on consoles this fall!

strongly imply a console release. :)
  • edited March 2011
    Sisyphus wrote: »
    Trophies/achievements are mandatory on their respective platforms.

The Jurassic Park fall console release on the main page of this site and the following quote from a recent Telltale e-mail:

strongly imply a console release. :)
    Hell, it was even in the newest Dinosaur Behind The Scenes video.

Mark your calenders! Console Releases: Fall!
  • edited March 2011
    Which, IMO, implies a retail disk release on PS3/360...why else would they not do monthly episode release?
  • edited March 2011
    Which, IMO, implies a retail disk release on PS3/360...why else would they not do monthly episode release?
    What do you mean? They are forgoing an episodic release because of the ease of having a complete game digital or retail vs coordinating a monthly release over a company's distribution chain.

Less wire to cut through, and probably the more effective method for consoles.
  • edited March 2011
    Good thing this game is coming to Xbox 360, my PC is not meant for games.

XBOX 360 all the way!!!!!!

What are the chances this game will get an iPhone release?
  • edited March 2011
    jpsandhu wrote: »
    Good thing this game is coming to Xbox 360, my PC is not meant for games.

XBOX 360 all the way!!!!!!

What are the chances this game will get an iPhone release?

You do know there has been no announcement about consoles yet, right? TBH with all the mentions of Heavy Rain-inspired gameplay I'd be very surprised if the first console announced for JP wasn't ps3.
  • edited March 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    You do know there has been no announcement about consoles yet, right? TBH with all the mentions of Heavy Rain-inspired gameplay I'd be very surprised if the first console announced for JP wasn't ps3.
    Yet again...Fall. But it's unknown which.
  • edited March 2011
    I have to be honest, millions of people only have xbox. And I don't want an answer, I just want to know you are truly doing the best you can to get it to all platforms...

EDIT: And yes, it said consoles are coming in fall. Didn't specify which though..

That far down the road I can assume both xbox and ps3
  • edited March 2011
    DefiantEnd wrote: »
    I have to be honest, millions of people only have xbox. And I don't want an answer, I just want to know you are truly doing the best you can to get it to all platforms...

EDIT: And yes, it said consoles are coming in fall. Didn't specify which though..

That far down the road I can assume both xbox and ps3

Telltale have said they are trying to get all their games onto every console, it's just a matter of how long people are willing to wait. Unless Telltale change their distribution model JP will come out on PC/Mac and one console, likely ps3 or 360, and then after the season is released it will make it to the other. We just don't know how long that will take.
  • edited March 2011
    So basicly when the seasons are complete, they find there way to the consoles
  • edited March 2011
    That's the idea but sometimes they take quite a while. I don't even think they've got all their back catalogue to all the consoles yet. However JP and BttF are quite big licences so I wouldn't be surprised if Telltate prioritizes them after they have finished all the episodes, but that's just speculation on my part.
  • edited March 2011

Achievements are pretty much a requirement for 360 games. I find the pop notification to be distracting as well, which is why I disabled them. Now I don't even know I've gotten an achievement unless I go check.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.