Dat Roar....

Comments

• edited February 2011
    With the sheer volume of people complaining about the roar I'd be surprised if they didn't change it. My only worry would be if they can find an official roar that goes for the length they want.

Do the dinosaurs use the Telltale Tools lip-syncing technology?
  • edited February 2011
    As shown in the E3 teaser, the sound symbol of Jurassic Park is T-Rex roar.

Enjoy it guys! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAfz9v34qWg&feature=related
  • edited February 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Well good...trench you a member over there too?

Yeah, I'm Microceratops over there. And what about you?
  • edited February 2011
    Ahh. The T-Rex roar still gives me goosebumps!
  • edited February 2011
    I have been doing a lot of teasing in this thread... and I know the kids at TTG have a sense of humor and can take it... but I would like to say I do honestly think they will work on it... I also have faith that I will enjoy their JP game.
  • edited February 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm Microceratops over there. And what about you?

it's the same name I have here.

Yeah, I think they'll fix it too, because well..telltale has always listened to their community.
  • OMAOMA
    edited February 2011
    Sisyphus wrote: »
    There's really no reason not to fix it. :D

Yeah, "can't think of a reason not to" ;)

Actually, I can't think of a reason for why they used that sound for the trailer, which is supposed to drive sales. That weak sound effect alone must have put a lot of people off preordering.
  • edited February 2011
    Just in case TellTale needs a reminder of what the roar sounds like. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQWvJGY3qyc&feature=player_embedded
  • edited February 2011
    I just posted that on the post above you XD
  • edited February 2011
    yeah, but your video was removed for some reason.
  • edited February 2011
    Tiranno wrote: »
    So telltale....why use the knockoff when you have rights to the original? The Tyrannosaur shouldn't sound like chewbacca. I watched the recent Xbox demo and that horrendous roar is still in the game. Please tell me its temporary.
    I would imagine that we wil get the real T-Rex roar once the game is released. I expect the other roar is just a placeholder.
  • edited February 2011
    I might not be the first to point this out, but I think the roars should sound like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prgm4eKq6d4
  • edited February 2011
    To the people complaining about the roar. It is clearly part of a soundboard of different T-Rex roars. Even in the original films it didn't sound exactly the same every time.

Now shut up...
  • edited February 2011
    doodo! wrote: »
    To the people complaining about the roar. It is clearly part of a soundboard of different T-Rex roars. Even in the original films it didn't sound exactly the same every time.

Now shut up...

To the uninformed simpleton.

The roar used is the obvious knockoff from "Dino Crisis" and takes the menace away from the Tyrannosaur who is the icon of this franchise. It would be the equivalent to using a ostrich for the Raptors.

Now shut up...
  • edited February 2011

I believe the phrase is legit...
  • edited February 2011

So much better.
  • edited February 2011
    just in case telltale needs a reminder of what the roar sounds like. Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqwvjgy3qyc&feature=player_embedded

great!
  • edited February 2011
    Tiranno wrote: »
    To the uninformed simpleton.

The roar used is the obvious knockoff from "Dino Crisis" and takes the menace away from the Tyrannosaur who is the icon of this franchise. It would be the equivalent to using a ostrich for the Raptors.

Now shut up...

Uniformed simplteon, haha. Do you have a clue? At all?

I've been around entertainment my entire life. Do you know that video games/ movies have been using the same sounds for DECADES? Do you have even the tiniest clue!?

1000s of movies and video games re use the same sound effects...

It would be stupid to use one sound effect for the dino in every scene if not laughable.

Only a fool would believe that they would reuse the same sound over and over again, especially in the same scene...:p

Obviously you never actually had the sophication to actually listen to your movies, video games, tv shows, if you had you'd hear many many MAN MANY MANY MANY of the same sounds....
    But, if it's not a B movie, or a comedy, it's not likely the be the same sound over and over again...

You're just whining, for no reason, you haven't seen more than one scene with a Rex and you're bitching because it's not the same exact roar, and it's actually some what close to the roar you're expecting...

You obviously are closed minded and jump to conclusions far too soon...I think it sounds fine...

You're all hot air. When you'e playing the game and hear the roar, that you want so badly, your silly thread will be appropiately closed. Tell me, genius, as I'm the simpleton, do you really think that TTG didn't add the famous dino roar to the games sound files? Do you honestly believe that it's going to be the same sound effects over and over again?

I highly, highly doubt that they aren't going to use the roar or atleast something similiar to it, maybe TTG is a bunch of simpletons too but I think they're likely to agree that you got to mix things up a little.

Maybe they felt it wasn't appropiate for the trailer, for that scene to use that Dino roar. I think it's fair to say that's a subjective issue.

I'm not a wet fan boy, but I have watched the movies and I do enjoy them. I was born in 87. I had no idea how many things fan boys would find to complain about. Like stretched out images of raptors...

When making a game you have SEVERAL sound effects, they must of thought it was appropiate to mix things up a little. Obviously they didn't know you and so many other wet blankets were going to cry over the trailer. And it's your right, it's not the dino roar that you are so affectionate about...But, there are no intelligent implications or arguments that it's the only roar in the game. But I think it's atleast tolerable to see people who think it shouldn't have been the choice for the trailer.

But if anyone had(s) a clue how video games work they won't complain that a sound effect is resused from other material...it works that way in the industry.

It's your opinion it sounds horrible, to me it sounds fine, it just doesn't sound like the original sound they used. It even sounds some what close to me...
  • edited February 2011
    ...way too much emotions...

God, calm down!

The T-Rex roar should be bone chilling and menacing, this is just weak an limp!

If you would be a JP-Fan, you would think the same. And as you might noticed, anyone on this forum and EVERY other forum or comment section in the internet say the same, soooo maybe its not that pointless like you are trying to express.

Telltale just made an epic fail on this one, this is simply a fact, not even a complaint.

Now shut up...
  • edited February 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    God, calm down!

The T-Rex roar should be bone chilling and menacing, this is just weak an limp!

If you would be a JP-Fan, you would think the same. And as you might noticed, anyone on this forum and EVERY other forum or comment section in the internet say the same, soooo maybe its not that pointless like you are trying to express.

Telltale just made an epic fail on this one, this is simply a fact, not even a complaint.

Now shut up...

The whiney fan boy explained, perhaps...
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23073

What you're doing is socially acceptable. As you're acting as part of a in crowd, a in voice.

The most common, natural, way for human beings to grow is some sort of conflict, because it challenges them and in certain areas they believe they earn respect, authority, knoweldge, power.
    You, as a fan boy, feel like you're in power over some one like me, who has no problem with the Rex sounding different at times. When in reality, most people don't live in reality by the way...it's just that simple conflict that you lean on to build your character, indentity, personal interests. It gives you a sense of security and comfort and a feeling of satistifcation that you are able to understand content and there for appreciate it. Then after comes purely objective forms of information, trivial facts, everything dotted and crossed.

It's the easiest, simpliest way for human beings to functional socially, and it's in your nature, with wars, and fights, ego, strives to be a individual, etc etc. Their are no true indivudals.

You are baising everything on social standards, coming together to whine about a Tex roar, last I heard a real one was millions if not billions of years ago...

I watch puppets, all on the same strings, come together and whine, I'm not surprised. Hell, even I'm doing the same thing for myself. You can't escape the nature of the beast.

Ironic, I've become a hypocrite.

The reality is that as a form of entertainment you draw a subjective connection to the content in the movie, it's to entertain. When that content is altered, challenged, changed, after it's in your nature to start conflicts yourself because it's in your nature to fight, challenge, argue, cause wars...

It's how you believe you grow and reinforce most of your interests, personalities. No one is reserved. Some one always has to be wrong or right...in a failing race that will soon destroy itself in just a few 100 years, it's how you all try to perserve your selves through conflict.
  • edited February 2011
    ...more emotions...

Yeah, yeah, everybody is stupid and your the hero :rolleyes:

You are using the words "whining" and "fan-boy" a bit too much, and yes, I AM a fan-boy, so what? Is there anything wrong with it? When someone is complaining here, he does it cause he LOVES Jurassic Park

Go on any gaming site that posted the trailer and look in the comments, these aint just a few fan-boys complaing. This Roar is just bad, live with it, its not bad because its different but because its WEAK. When... wait! Now I understand!!! God, how could I be so blind:
    trollface.png

Edit: lol, you edited your whole post. Should have kept the real quote, just to see the difference...
  • edited February 2011
    You are using the words "whining" and "fan-boy" a bit too much, and yes, I AM a fan-boy, so what? Is there anything wrong with it? When someone is complaining here, he does it cause he LOVES Jurassic Park

Go on any gaming site that posted the trailer and look in the comments, these aint just a few fan-boys complaing. This Roar is just bad, live with it, its not bad because its different but because its WEAK. When... wait! Now I understand!!! God, how could I be so blind:
    trollface.png
    Using images for a argument that are subjective and artistic is a lack of personal communication skills and intelligence...;)
    I AM a fan-boy, so what? Is there anything wrong with it? When someone is complaining here, he does it cause he LOVES Jurassic Park

Exactly, I already told you exactly what you are, I provided a link. Don't need to tell me, at the most I might be humored at your attempt. I already said that about you and so many others. Petty...

You bore me...
  • edited February 2011
    I don't like the roar because its not what has been established AND because it sounds goofy.. it sort of sounds like a Muppet trying to hit a high note for comedic effect.. Not really the image you want popping into your head when a T-Rex is gonna chomp on your legs and head and stuff..
  • edited February 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I don't like the roar because its not what has been established AND because it sounds goofy.. it sort of sounds like a Muppet trying to hit a high note for comedic effect.. Not really the image you want popping into your head when a T-Rex is gonna chomp on your legs and head and stuff..

*sighs* I've whined enough myself. I apologize.
    I don't plan on posting here anymore.(This thread)

I apologize if I've been rude, offensive, I'm sorry. Let me exit the thread, so that you can go on enjoying it without this extra conflict. I've failed to take my own insights into consideration for myself.

This isn't a place to preach. I'm sorry, something got to me, under my skin as the expression goes.

Nothing is certain, I shouldn't judge others without being open to the other side of things. I apologize...

Thanks for that bit of humor Irishmile and not attacking me, even though it may be deserved. It helped bring me out of it. I'm sorry I came off this way.
  • edited February 2011
    Nah take a page from dashing's book stick to what you think no matter the outcome.. You're entitled to your opinion... But all sides should remain respectful.
  • edited February 2011
    If I may give my two cents.

I think part of the reason why people are "confused" and "baffled" because of the t-rex roar is this: The way the makers of the trailer intentionally added that last shot of the t-rex coming forwards to establish an "omg the rex is coming and he's mad moment"...yet the roar is just not what we've come to know for this situation. If it was just the t-rex yelping in pain, or just a growl it would'nt be so noticeable. But because its the t-rex actually making a loud roar it sounds silly.

Also another thing that's confusing is why the trailer doesn't use the JP roar in the first place. Even if that roar is part of the many t-rex roars and sound used in the game, they should have really thought to use the appropriate sound. Its like having a big lion coming at you and instead of roaring its meowing.

They clearly know what the dinos sound like ie the Dilophosaurus.

I'm also confused as to why no one at tell tale has come forth to say anything? or maybe they have i just dont' know about it
  • edited February 2011
    mannyguy1 wrote: »
    Its like having a big lion coming at you and instead of roaring its meowing.

Brilliant!
  • edited February 2011
    I love how he insults anyone that wants the JP roar back a narcissistic fanboy, I understand what you meant, many sounds are sued over and over again in movies and other media, my personal favorite being the wihelm scream. However when you have a license to use everything from a series for a spin off, you should to stay true to the source material. Heck, if the chewbacca roar was the original JP roar, I'm sure there would be people arguing for it for consistency's sake. Lighten up pal, we came here to discuss what we're fans off, not diss each other. If you're going ot do that, just get out of here.
  • edited February 2011
    Even when I spell it out and show it in my own faults, there is still that conflict. Why can't you find the alternative? Must we prove the ugly concept, again and again?
  • edited February 2011
    I mainly have a problem with it because I know TellTale can do better. Plus, they used the growls for the Dilo and Raptor from the movies, why not the Rex?

Still, that said, I plan on getting this game if it comes to consoles or if a demo proves that my laptop can handle it without blue-screening.
  • edited February 2011
    Lighten up pal, we came here to discuss what we're fans off, not diss each other. If you're going ot do that, just get out of here.

Um, did you forget to put a quote in there or was that (bizarrely) directed at myself (being that I was the previous poster to yourself)?
  • edited February 2011
    Davies wrote: »
    Um, did you forget to put a quote in there or was that (bizarrely) directed at myself (being that I was the previous poster to yourself)?

Allow me, person observer. I think best bet he was referring to me, but I could be wrong. Again, we're fooled. Some things may be socially acceptable over others, but we all bear sins and errors in this thread. Alienating me for my weaknesses and faults is just one way to handle this.

I, myself, admitted to my own faults. I do not need to be lectured further, but I welcome friendly consul.

In fact, I wanted this thread to get back to your own topic. I'm sorry it was ever derailed.
    No one in here is without fault.

Peace.
  • edited February 2011
    Allow me, person observer. I think best bet he was referring to me, but I could be wrong. Again, we're fooled. Some things may be socially acceptable over others, but we all bear sins and errors in this thread. Alienating me for my weaknesses and faults is just one way to handle this.

I, myself, admitted to my own faults. I do not need to be lectured further, but I welcome friendly consul.

You were right, of course, about sound effects being used outside of their original source. I don't know how many times I've watched an anime and heard the turbolift doors for the U.S.S. Enterprise from the original Star Trek(oftentimes not even associated with a door), the lightsaber sound effects from Star Wars(most often associated with an energy sword of some kind), or the activation sound effect for the Ghostbusters proton pack. Not to mention that I KNOW I heard the T-rex roar come from one of the creatures in James Cameron's Avatar.
  • edited February 2011
    I think it's time for some people in this thread to take a step back and take a breath before posting again.

Cough::thatmeanschillout::Cough
  • edited February 2011
    Again, I'm sorry my mind, and my heart. Some times they aren't willed for good, aren't open to others.

I think it could be a fun thread, elsewhere, to discuss re-used sound effects. On the blunt side of things, looking down at the un-sheeved-sword, you can simply see a reflection of thought over that shadow of doubt. Fans expect and believe that the game should have the same roar, and they doubt that it might because they've once not heard it in the game.

It's when you start thrusting the sword into others that you begin to realize a whole new world. Most ideas are static, defined, but I believe only socially, once in motion they are boundless.

I struggle to understand my brothers, my sisters, my fathers, my mother, my associates.Most people don't struggle as I do as they are certain in objectivity and certain of how they restrict information and subjectivity. I'm not entirely sure myself.

I am concealed by my own philosophy, I see this as another example of social programming, rather than self programming. I'm just off in my own little lost world..

Every one is entitled to express their selves, a trailer is meant to get people talking.
    I apologize, I can't stop the flow, my mind and heart is lost in a maze.

EDIT: Posted while after A.Johnson.

I apologize A Johnson for posting more of my selfish tirade. I only had the same intents as you, to make peace here. I plan to take that breather.
  • edited February 2011
    Telltale? i got a question, for Alan or anyone else from teh team and its totally honest... Why don't you just change the roar on the JP site, even if its not a temporary roar just for the trailer,cuz It seems you may be losing customers because of it. Im sorry I am just wondering because the edit with teh JP Rex roar sounds great and would totally make you a ton more customers just by changing the sound file in the trailer.
  • edited February 2011
    I apologize doodo, I did not see your previous post my bad, but yes, my ideas so coming here to a relaxing chat still stands, as Alan reminded us :D
  • edited February 2011
    What alan said...guys we need to chil and remember to respect one another, no one is a fanboy of the other.
  • edited February 2011
    the t-rex roar should be perfect! if not please don't call it jurassic park
This discussion has been closed.