Why is the BTTF 5 game package $19.99 on PS3 and $24.99 on PC

edited March 2011 in Back to the Future
Why is the 5 game back to the future pack $19.99 on PS3 and $24.99 on PC/steam?

I thought the PC got the discount since it requires no extra publishing fees.

http://www.telltalegames.com/store/backtothefuture

Also no PC demo but the ps3 gets one?

And no 5.1 soundtrack on the ps3 either Whaa?

I had a stereo mix detected by my reciver when i played it. I was hoping it would since I was hoping the ps3 version would be more like watching the movies on the same couch you watch them on than playing it on the PC... (though the pc should have 5.1 and sound blaster eax too.)

It was my first telltale game i played on console I avoided them because of lack of mouse clicking don't feel right so not sure if any other games had 5.1.

I was going to get it on PC but it is $5 more and I did not get to try it on PC I wanted to see if it had a mouse point and click setup and ran at a higher res.

Comments

• Apparently that is abnormal for telltale, I believe its because of the fact that PS3 was the last to get the game made available so they get to save some $$$$
  • edited February 2011
    The computer purchases also gave a copy of Puzzle Agent, and they get the end of season disc. The PS3 people don't.
  • edited February 2011
    Ohh if there is a disc and a extra game I will do the PC..

the steam is $24 and i don't think it comes with a disc.
  • edited February 2011
    PS3 version is a month behind with each episode (aprox), plus console players don't get to buy the game on physical disk. As well, $19.99 makes it one of the pricier games on the US PSN already, so I imagine there are marketing reasons involved... it just sounds more tempting at that price and should result in more sales in the long term.
  • edited February 2011
    The computer purchases also gave a copy of Puzzle Agent, and they get the end of season disc. The PS3 people don't.

did you only get puzzle agent if you pre-oredered? cause I didn't get it :(
  • edited February 2011
    I wish throwing in an extra five bucks to get the episodes on time on PSN was an option.

:o
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    The PC version has the season DVD, which is not exactly cheap. I think that's the main reason.
  • edited February 2011
    Final-Boss wrote: »
    did you only get puzzle agent if you pre-oredered? cause I didn't get it :(

yep. pre-order only.
  • edited February 2011
    Cube wrote: »
    Ohh if there is a disc and a extra game I will do the PC..

the steam is $24 and i don't think it comes with a disc.

DONT GET THE PC VERSION FOR THE EXTRA GAME!
    That was preorder only.
    I do reccomend that game though as that is only $5.
    The disc is for all PC owners that order FROM TELLTALE though.
  • edited February 2011
    The game has a demo on PC, and that demo is 1/5 of the "game". You can play it yourself before deciding on a purchase. Also, remember that the disc will have shipping costs.
  • edited February 2011
    Apparently that is abnormal for telltale, I believe its because of the fact that PS3 was the last to get the game made available so they get to save some $$$$

Ps3 was not the last to get the game, I pad was. It is cheaper on PS3 cause, well.. we all know the answer to that haha. Here is a alternate answer tho! People prefer to play on a gaming system vrs a compter. Im sure PS3 will have 2Xs more DL's then PC
  • edited February 2011
    bttf1985cc wrote: »
    Ps3 was not the last to get the game, I pad was. It is cheaper on PS3 cause, well.. we all know the answer to that haha. Here is a alternate answer tho! People prefer to play on a gaming system vrs a compter. Im sure PS3 will have 2Xs more DL's then PC
    If you foresee selling more in a given format, you would raise the price and not lower it.
  • edited February 2011
    Newblade wrote: »
    If you foresee selling more in a given format, you would raise the price and not lower it.
    Or could could lower the price even more if many more people will buy it at that price. I think 35 dollars is a really high price for a PSN game, even if it's worth more than most 60 dollar retail games. People simple don't want to pay that much on PSN. Charging less for BTTF on PSN is a good strategy that will likely mean they'll make more money.
  • edited February 2011
    It's easier/cheaper to support a console that is 99.99% identical to the other 3 million. Where as there are 3 million different computer hardware combination to support? /shrug
  • edited February 2011
    PC has better graphics and early release dates. Worth 5 bucks.
  • edited February 2011
    Not so much, Sam and max were 1st released on psn, well they were formated for it 1st, Just depends on what gaming system you prefer, but psn is better and cheaper eventho we have to wait a extra month for the episode. Not a problem in my eyes haha
  • edited February 2011
    when is the back to the future ep 2 gonna be release on ps3:)
  • edited February 2011
    PC has better graphics and early release dates. Worth 5 bucks.

For me, the PS3 has better graphics. However, the early release dates and the fact that I can take it anywhere means I'm glad to have it on both.
  • edited February 2011
    For me, the PS3 has better graphics. However, the early release dates and the fact that I can take it anywhere means I'm glad to have it on both.

What do you mean "take it anywhere"?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited February 2011
    mpuone wrote: »
    What do you mean "take it anywhere"?

I believe he's talking about the PC version (I get that from the comment about "early release dates") and the fact that a laptop is easier to carry around than a PS3.
  • edited February 2011
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    I believe he's talking about the PC version (I get that from the comment about "early release dates") and the fact that a laptop is easier to carry around than a PS3.

Exactly. Especially since my PS3 is one of the old models. lol
  • edited February 2011
    Newblade wrote: »

So then you sell less. Good thinking.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm surprised that no-one has considered that Sony might have provided some of the funding, or at least some of the investment for the production of the game. Or maybe contributing to the marketing.

E.g. for Sam and Max, GameTap provided a lot of marketing support, and possibly some initial investment as well. GameTap subscribers then got the games released before Telltale's site did, and I think they might have got them for free as part of the subscription as well?
  • edited March 2011
    SBCG4AP at Best buy is 9.99 USD if you find a physical copy; when Steam has it for 24.99 USD.

Not unusual.
  • edited March 2011
    Just remember you don't get the disc if you get it on Steam. Only from the Telltale store.

Since when did SBCG4AP get a retail release?
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited March 2011
    Since when did SBCG4AP get a retail release?
    According to Amazon, since June 15, 2009 in the USA (I believe that it was the first retail release of a Telltale game distributed by Telltale themselves).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.