Cut content found?

so I spent half an hour writing stuff down and my net lagged out so your getting the short version

I downloaded something called "telltale speech extractor" and it has dialog for all of the first episode( voices of course) and I noticed alot of dialog was cut, or never used

here in short are some I heard mainly between doc and marty

- in one seen, marty finds a bullet in the car from the time display, idk if this was in the game, but to my knowledge it wasn't, it happens before marty traveling to 1931, and doc doesn't say much but " a bullet?"

- they have changed the way the time machine came back to marty, mainly one explaining it was the car from 1955, behind the billboard, before marty and doc got to it in the first movie. the 2nd one is that Doc toke it from the cave in 1885. both of these events doc says that if they return it back to its timeline it should be fine. one final explanation was involving doc remaking the same car

-what marty saw the car destroyed by the train, doc explanation :

That's just what you THINK you saw. The DeLorean that got run over by that train was actually a crude facsimile filled with used pinball parts and Christmas tree lights!

there more, but I am lazy to post them, I would post the link, but idk if its against the TOS, but ya, alot of the voiceovers were left in as raw data, but I still don't know why they left it in

any ideas, thoughts?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    That sounds awesome! But I think the destroyed delorean should stay destroyed. Because at the end of the 3rd movie you clearly can see parts of the delorean. so "a crude facsimile filled with used pinball parts and Christmas tree lights" doesnt fit to what we saw at the end of the movie.
    I think Doc travelled to 2015 with the time travelling train and borrowed the delorean when the other Doc from 2015 had something else to do. At the end he will just travel back and leave 2015 with the time travelling train.

I would appreciate it if you could post more of them.
  • edited February 2011
    ya sure here are some dialog or text from doc and marty

doc:

Simple! I borrowed it from earlier in its own timeline, when it was hidden behind the billboard in 1955!

Simple! I borrowed it from earlier in its own timeline, while it was hidden in the cave in 1885!

Don't worry about it - as long as we restore it to its original condition and put it back in place for our past selves to find it when we're supposed to... everything will be fine!

What? A train? Where's the pizzaz in that?

marty

Yeah, that's why it took so long to get here. The "Last Time Departed" Display was shot to heck.

...Bruce Springsteen.

...Joe Montana.

...Joe Montana.

In that whacky dream, Doc's notebook was in the clock tower...
  • edited February 2011
    Hey everyone,

I found an interesting post on the gamespot forum of BTTF game, and the user claims that he found alternate dialogue in the game files. Can anyone confirm this? Here are some examples that he claimed he found.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/backtothefuture/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-58233439&pid=997882&tag=topics%3Btitle

here in short are some I heard mainly between doc and marty

- in one seen, marty finds a bullet in the car from the time display, idk if this was in the game, but to my knowledge it wasn't, it happens before marty traveling to 1931, and doc doesn't say much but " a bullet?"

- they have changed the way the time machine came back to marty, mainly one explaining it was the car from 1955, behind the billboard, before marty and doc got to it in the first movie. the 2nd one is that Doc toke it from the cave in 1885. both of these events doc says that if they return it back to its timeline it should be fine. one final explanation was involving doc remaking the same car

-what marty saw the car destroyed by the train, doc explanation :

That's just what you THINK you saw. The DeLorean that got run over by that train was actually a crude facsimile filled with used pinball parts and Christmas tree lights!

there more, but I am lazy to post them, I would post the link, but idk if its against the TOS, but ya, alot of the voiceovers were left in as raw data, but I still don't know why they left it in

any ideas, thoughts?

doc:

Simple! I borrowed it from earlier in its own timeline, when it was hidden behind the billboard in 1955!

Simple! I borrowed it from earlier in its own timeline, while it was hidden in the cave in 1885!

Don't worry about it - as long as we restore it to its original condition and put it back in place for our past selves to find it when we're supposed to... everything will be fine!

What? A train? Where's the pizzaz in that?

marty

Yeah, that's why it took so long to get here. The "Last Time Departed" Display was shot to heck.

...Bruce Springsteen.

...Joe Montana.

...Joe Montana.

In that whacky dream, Doc's notebook was in the clock tower...

if you want to view these, download it from here: http://quick.mixnmojo.com/telltale-speech-extractor

I am too lazy to write it all down, again strange enough they did record the audio, but never used it, but why did they leave it on the file

anyway this can work with any telltale game, so I am sure there is other content cut from the other games
  • edited February 2011
    If this content is found to be real, its give the user a little insight to some interesting alternate ideas telltale were thinking of.
  • edited February 2011
    Wait...so this is canon then?
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2011
    If this content is found to be real, its give the user a little insight to some interesting alternate ideas telltale were thinking of.
    I just ran the Telltale Speech Extractor tool myself, and they're in there, so it's real. And, yes. It's very interesting to see alternate ideas for the storyline. :)
    Wait...so this is canon then?
    No. This is just unused lines that will never be played in the game that were hidden in the audio pack that can only be viewed by using a tool created by a fan called Telltale Speech Extractor (linked to above).

There's a bunch of fun stuff hidden in Telltale's games if you use this tool (for example: voice files for the tutorial section of SBCG4AP for PlayStation 3 and iPad and a "murder at the inventory" dialog between Van Winslow and Max in Poker Night at the Inventory, and bloopers in Wallace & Gromit: Muzzled). :D
  • edited February 2011
    wow cool, thanks jen for confirming this. Really cool to hear some of the other stuff going through their heads
  • edited February 2011
    No its canon. Because of all the time hijinks and alternate universes created, its quite likely that each incident has occured in different variations of similar time lines.

/win
  • edited February 2011
    If anyone else extracts anything else can you post your findings? I only have the ps3 version, thanks
  • edited February 2011
    I just downloaded the speech extractor but when I choose Get Tannen it says "Folder not found" down the bottom.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm actually kinda glad that they didn't use that train line, especially since it would've negated the ending to BTTF III.
  • edited February 2011
    A few un-used lines that are also on there, I've noted the filenames for those who want to hear for themselves:

226521296.vox
    Marty: Stadtler Desoto
    Obviously the car dealership in 1931. There's also lines that suggest that there was someone trying to sell Marty a car.

226529327alt.vox
    Raw recording of AJ reading a newspaper article and making mistakes. Several re-takes and do-overs of the same lines.

226574446alt.vox
    Marty : The Telltale Monastary

226644079.vox
    There's a few lines which suggest that there was a puzzle involving Marty creating marmalade peanuts to use on Kid.

226676759.vox
    A censored line from Doc "You're gonna see some serious stuff"

hi_team.vox
    A very strange introduction which doesn't sound like it was intended to be used in the game "Hey guys, it's Marty McFly. It's great to be back in the year 2010 making a kick-ass game with you. Keep up the great work, and don't work too late. And go easy on the audio guys. If one of you're audio guys accidentally sets fire to the carpet, go easy on 'em."
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah, a lot of Telltale's games have some sort of hidden content in them....

Two more examples:
    The City That Dares Not Sleep
    They Stole Max's Brain!
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    That's in fact very interesting! As most of you know, there's a thread which discusses Doc's "DeLorean explanation" in great detail (and a lot of disappointment came from it). Also, from the very earliest TTG statements about the game, we had inferred that the explanation for the car's re-occurrence was carefully considered and is already there. Now we get to know: There are alternate lines for this, alternate explanations for this situation!

The continuity in BTTF is so incredibly hard to maintain, and even if you somehow manage to do that, the logic known from the movies is so questionable that you'll end up with something moderately illogical anyway. I would have liked if every gamer would have gotten a different explanation for the DeLorean (so, Doc's answer would be determined by chance in every game). This would have stirred the community quite a bit. Maybe this was actually the plan, but dropped later in fear of possible fanboy p***off reactions (which are always carefully considered by dem boys and girls at TTG ;) ).
  • edited February 2011
    @ Vainamoinen

Very interesting concept of the alternate paths for each player during gameplay. Would of caused a lot of discussion here.

As for the explanation for the delorean, i like the alternate choices not used;

This way, the player would have to wrap his mind around, how and when during the movies the delorean was there and was not there.
  • edited February 2011
    There some serious "stuff" in those files, Telltale really cut allot of "stuff" from the game.

Edit: It seems there obsessed with... marmalade?
  • edited February 2011
    226676759.vox
    A censored line from Doc "You're gonna see some serious stuff"

Thank you Telltale for not using this line, censoring is sucky.
  • edited February 2011
    Has anyone else been unable to open "Get Tannen" in the speech extractor. If I choose Get Tannen from the drop down it says folder not found.
  • edited February 2011
    Episode 2 opened up fine for me. I haven't had a chance to really look through it, but it does seem that there are significantly less lines with no description or alternate filenames. I think the program assumes you've installed the game under c:\Program Files

I'm glad they didn't use any of those DeLorean explanations.
    1955 from behind the billboard(Part1): The DeLorean had no Mr Fusion or hover conversion, and constantly filling up with plutonium throughout the game would be a pain.

1955 from behind the billboard (Part2): Okay, this could have been possible, however you still have to consider that at that point the time circuits were glitchy and it would be difficult for Doc to try and return it in it's original glitchy condition.

1885-1955 in the mine: The DeLorean was damaged and not working. It would be ridiculous for Doc to repair it, use it, then return it in it's original damaged/non-working condition.
  • edited February 2011
    How do you get this?
  • edited February 2011
    BrendanK wrote: »
    Episode 2 opened up fine for me. I haven't had a chance to really look through it, but it does seem that there are significantly less lines with no description or alternate filenames. I think the program assumes you've installed the game under c:\Program Files

I'm glad they didn't use any of those DeLorean explanations.
    1955 from behind the billboard(Part1): The DeLorean had no Mr Fusion or hover conversion, and constantly filling up with plutonium throughout the game would be a pain.

1955 from behind the billboard (Part2): Okay, this could have been possible, however you still have to consider that at that point the time circuits were glitchy and it would be difficult for Doc to try and return it in it's original glitchy condition.

1885-1955 in the mine: The DeLorean was damaged and not working. It would be ridiculous for Doc to repair it, use it, then return it in it's original damaged/non-working condition.

If it was merely a few days after 1885 Doc left it behind when he picked it up, then it wouldn't be destroyed and he could return it to age as it did in the third film.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited February 2011
    How do you get this?
    Use Telltale Speech Extractor, which you can download here. :)
  • edited February 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    If it was merely a few days after 1885 Doc left it behind when he picked it up, then it wouldn't be destroyed and he could return it to age as it did in the third film.

Not destroyed, damaged. The time circuits were damaged by the lightning strike which is why he was left stranded in 1885. Doc certainly wouldn't bury a perfectly working time machine!
  • edited February 2011
    BrendanK wrote: »
    hi_team.vox
    A very strange introduction which doesn't sound like it was intended to be used in the game "Hey guys, it's Marty McFly. It's great to be back in the year 2010 making a kick-ass game with you. Keep up the great work, and don't work too late. And go easy on the audio guys. If one of you're audio guys accidentally sets fire to the carpet, go easy on 'em."

That's actually a message AJ recorded for distribution to the Telltale staff before episode 1 launched; must have made its way onto the final game audio files though.
  • edited February 2011
    wow I am surprised it got this many comments, I actually posted this awhile ago , first on the telltale forum, but noone seemed to interested in it , so I posted it on gamefaqs, in which gamefaqs and gamespot share the same forums.

I found it while browsing google for another .exe to replace my escape from monkey island game for windows 7, whoever this guy is, he sure loves adventure games.

just so everyone knows, if it isn't obvious already, this works for any teltale game you have on your computer, so I am sure that there are other scripts and voice overs not used by teltale in there other games.

I guess it depends on who actually posts it and stuff, this kinda reminds me of what nintendo did with zelda 64, were they left stuff in instead of getting it out

I am sure teltale didn't mean to leave it in, but its nice to see some of the voiceovers we will never see in the game.

The only real questions I have for you guys is about the bullet in the time machine, supposedly in one of doc's voice-overs doc and Marty are talking about the time display, and how it was damaged by a bullet, is that in the game? maybe I didn't click on it enough or something

And in some of marty's lines he says stuff like " in that crazy dream, doc's book was in the clock tower" does this mean the first dream scene was to take place during the end of the first movie?
  • edited February 2011
    wrote:

I'm glad that they didn't went with this explanation... It's really very un-Doc-ish (?). What if the machine gets destroyed in 1931? He wouldn't compromise the timeline by "borrowing" the car in 1955/1885. It's not safe.
  • edited February 2011
    Jennifer wrote: »
    Use Telltale Speech Extractor, which you can download here. :)
    Thank you!
  • edited February 2011
    It's possible that these were thrown in a in order to make people play through the game to get the actual story. Or maybe it was so that people outside of the writing staff couldn't give away plot points. (like how "Luke I am your father." was given to James Earl Jones as an alternate line that wasn't in the script.) Finally, since the games do run off of the same launcher, maybe some of this will come up in later episodes and was put where it was to level out download size?
  • edited March 2011
    I'd love to see Marty visit 1885 again and have to solve a puzzle by luring a bear into the cave his past self drives the Delorean into. ;) so he ends up being responsible for his own scare ;) or the bear could turn out to be a Tannen. Haha
  • edited March 2011
    ^
    l
    l

that would be nice, but it would change what the flims stated " your future is what you make it" in BTTF world the the hasn't been set for marty, when he went back to the past in part 2, it created another timeline, in which he went to the past and hid from his past self, but in BTTF part 1, there was no 2nd marty, cause it hadn't happened yet

so while the bear idea is great, it wouldn't make sense since it would mean that the future was set

so in lames terms: marty scaring a bear would mess it up more then it orignal did in part 3, since he was not there in part 3 , the other marty only was,not the older marty

marty is from timeline A, that means he has memories from his first timeline, just thinking about marty talking to his other timeline self is weird and mind bogling cause in his timeline marty's family is cool and successful, the original marty's family isn't, so it is to my concern why B marty would go back to the past and do the same thing A marty did if he knew his father wasn't a loser

too much...
  • edited March 2011
    here's a dark thought, marty B, not knowing that he was required to help his parents become the successful people he knew, actually messed up their lives just perfectly to find him in Marty A's 1985 when he tries to return.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.