Genre?

edited March 2011 in Jurassic Park
If you were to describe the 'Genre' of this game what would it be? FPS? Third Person? Adventure Style.:D

Comments

• edited February 2011
    They're all females :p
  • edited February 2011
    I took the wife to watch Jurassic Park at the cinema: four hours we were there. The film itself was only two hours but she was signing autographs on the way out!

but seriously what style of game is it? Shooter or adventure. May'be a mix of the two?
  • edited February 2011
    Mad_Al wrote: »
    I took the wife to watch Jurassic Park at the cinema: four hours we were there. The film itself was only two hours but she was signing autographs on the way out!

but seriously what style of game is it? Shooter or adventure. May'be a mix of the two?

It's an Adventure game, sort of like heavy rain.
  • edited February 2011
    Steam has it listed under Adventure Game so I'll go with that.
  • edited February 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »

Um?! Are you confusing genre with gender?

Also, to the original poster; from the look of things I'd say it's an adventure-lite. From what you said about it being a FPS etc. I'm guessing that you haven't played a true adventure game before? You shouldn't expect something along the lines of Uncharted.

That reminds me of the time I went into GAME and asked if they had any graphic adventures and they said "yeah loads, Tomb Raider etc". Really pisses me off when I know my games ten times better than the clueless staff working in the shop :mad:
  • edited February 2011
    Um?! Are you confusing genre with gender?

Bad humor. It's a difficult concept.

Also, I translated it literally, so that was the joke failed epically. Oh yeah!
  • edited February 2011
    I was always told that if I'm going to Fail then Fail Epically
  • edited February 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »

i'm not agree with this. they use dna from frogs that are able to change the genre...

anyway i think that the game is an adventure game.
  • edited March 2011
    Stronzo wrote: »
    i'm not agree with this. they use dna from frogs that are able to change the genre...

You can you use frogs to change genre? How does that work then?!
  • edited March 2011
    Davies wrote: »

You just add, it during the compilation process.
  • edited March 2011
    My favorite gender is comedy and my favorite genre is female! Sort it out people and take the time to proof read, otherwise why should I bother to read your posts?
  • edited March 2011
    You get this, but with dinosaurs:
    Frogger.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    You get this, but with dinosaurs:
    Frogger.jpg

Wow, talk about spoiling the charm of the original by updating a game with "superior graphics".

Actually, aren't those vehicles ripped straight out of the original GTA? Talk about lazy.
  • edited March 2011
    I didn't know what that was at first. lol
  • edited March 2011
    I didn't know what that was at first. lol
    Frogger-game42155.png

Funnily enough, this was the first game I ever played (at around the age of 5).
  • edited March 2011
    Sort it out people and take the time to proof read, otherwise why should I bother to read your posts?

Why, it's almost as if they were mixing up the words on purpose in order to make a really silly joke!
  • edited March 2011
    Both gender and genre are descended from from the Latin genus, which meant "birth" or "family origin," and so by extension "type" or "kind," and by extension of that, grammatical gender. Genre is the form the word took in French, and in French it means "type" or "kind," literary genre, grammatical gender, and biological genus. Gender is the English form of the word, descended from Middle French, and in English originally it just meant grammatical gender. It was later used as a euphemism for biological sex, and is now an accepted term for that as well. Later on the Modern French genre was borrowed into English and used to mean just literary genre. Later still the original Latin genus became the English scientific term for biological genus. So, anyway, in English we use three different forms of the word to denote four different things, but it's still all really the same word. Hence the joke.

Incidentally, the English kind and the German Kinder are also the same word as genus. They're not descended from it, but they share a common Proto-Indo-European etymological ancestor with it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.