Anymore media, screenshots, info?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Here's a picture I got from the video. I think that it's not too shabby (except for the play button) and you can make out the dinosaur pretty well. Let me know your opinions. I think it almost looks like a crocodile. I thought it was interesting that it's jawline appears to go all the way to the back of its head. It has a blue/purplish tongue too. It could be how the dinosaur really appears in the game or it could also be a hallucination, as someone stated earlier.
    jp_the_game_by_ghansen89-d3ch5m5.png
  • edited March 2011
    The teeth are definitely pointed sort of outward like a crocodile.

It's just so bizarre-looking.
  • edited March 2011
    Maybe they are mishappened results of the cloning, kind of mutants.
  • edited March 2011
    to me on these screenshots it's looking like a rather cartoony creature...
    931125-toon-croc.jpg
    especially the teeth... I mean the aren't sharp at all. a rather freaky dinosaur.

troodon's skull actually looks like this
    troodon.skull.jpg
    so what it THAT thing on that frame?
  • edited March 2011
    It has a blue/purplish tongue too. It could be how the dinosaur really appears in the game or it could also be a hallucination, as someone stated earlier.

If I remember correctly, the books described some of the dinosaurs as having blue/purplish tongues.
  • edited March 2011
    The game is in every expect far better than I had imagine. It definitely looks like a film. I honestly have to say I was a bit skeptical about Troodon considering the animal was most definitely not a predator like seen in here. But after this video it definitely works as something Jurassic, just like the raptors. I can't wait!
    What about the second one? Somehow I doubt that there are two juvenile Dilophosaurs straying so far from an adult.

Maybe there aren't adults on Nublar yet. Remember the dinosaurs were brought from Sorna as juveniles according to Hammond in Lost World.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm sure there were more juveniles than adults on Nublar but it's possible that environmental restrictions affect the animals' growth, too. Lower oxygen levels today, less open terrain, competition for food...
  • edited March 2011
    joeldee wrote: »
    He's in the video in connection with his work on the films -- a tremendous source of inspiration for the project and the team of course!

- Joel

wow - my 100th post ... somehow, I probably should have compiled more posts by now over these years ... :P

Just keep up the great work! Haha! Although a n00b, I've seen how you guys interact with the fans through this message-board. Is it safe to say.. how badass that really is? Legit. Just sayin'.

Anyway.. sorry. :P
  • edited March 2011
    I really think it's a hallucination.
  • edited March 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    I really think it's a hallucination.

im hoping its a halucination. If telltale really went with this look i think i will be disapointed :( im not saying i wont love and play the game, its jurassic park of course ill love it. But to hype us all up with a ``new threat`` and deliver some cartoony looking crocodile? not cool. But hey as i've said, no true assumtions can be made until i play the game, or until solid footage of the troodon is revealed. Can't wait to play this game!
  • edited March 2011
    synJP wrote: »
    im hoping its a halucination. If telltale really went with this look i think i will be disapointed :( im not saying i wont love and play the game, its jurassic park of course ill love it. But to hype us all up with a ``new threat`` and deliver some cartoony looking crocodile? not cool. But hey as i've said, no true assumtions can be made until i play the game, or until solid footage of the troodon is revealed. Can't wait to play this game!

It reminds me of an Ostrich. I'm confident, though, that we'll see a REALISTIC dinosaur, otherwise it wouldn't be Jurassic Park.
  • edited March 2011
    What about the second one? Somehow I doubt that there are two juvenile Dilophosaurs straying so far from an adult.

How do you know there is an adult? You don't know whether or not the Dilos were one of Wu's latest creations and they just moved them into the park setting. It could be a huge group of Juvenile's, although, maybe Telltale will put a huge one in one of the episodes that is surrounded by the young ones like they did with the Trike's in the demo at GDC. :D

BTW, those Troodons are hella creepy... When you watch "The Dinosaurs of Jurassic Park Return" or watver, towards the end when they are hunting Nima, they move up real slow without bobbing thier heads or anything. It seems almost like an unnatural horror of the Jurassic jungle, I think its a great addition, plus, its bite administers venom to the bloodstream, which causes hallucinations! Do we get to experience these hallucinations after being bitten at all, Telltale?
  • edited March 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    I'm sure there were more juveniles than adults on Nublar but it's possible that environmental restrictions affect the animals' growth, too. Lower oxygen levels today, less open terrain, competition for food...

Hmmm, I never considered that. Maybe I'm just used to/tired of every game treating Dilophosaurus wrong thanks to its appearance in Jurassic Park.
  • edited March 2011
    Hmmm, I never considered that. Maybe I'm just used to/tired of every game treating Dilophosaurus wrong thanks to its appearance in Jurassic Park.

I know exactly what you mean. Just like how every package of cheap plastic dinosaurs in a store now comes with a frilled Dilophosaurus and a Spinosaurus.
  • edited March 2011
    I know exactly what you mean. Just like how every package of cheap plastic dinosaurs in a store now comes with a frilled Dilophosaurus and a Spinosaurus.

Luckily not every Dilophosaurus toy has a frill:
    SafDilo-3-4Left.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Luckily not every Dilophosaurus toy has a frill

Wow, thats a douchy thing to say, the frill is badass and I thank Crichton for adding it... so there! :p
  • edited March 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    Wow, thats a douchy thing to say, the frill is badass and I thank Crichton for adding it... so there! :p

Actually, he didn't add that part, he only added the venomous spit. The frill is a Speilberg creation. So there!
  • edited March 2011
    If you make something wrong so prevalent, then you know you've got enough power in changing everyone's viewpoint. The power of film. Hence in point the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park are now known by all, even if they are incorrect.

The best someone who is concerned about this, is to educate people on the accuracy of the movies vs. real life.
  • edited March 2011
    The video was freakin' fantastic. And the music was simply perfect, kudos to Jared!
  • edited March 2011
    synJP wrote: »
    looks like ridely from metroid imo....

LOL I agree!
  • edited March 2011
    No orchestrated music?? :( Dont know if thats the final music, but I am still im glad its faithful to the original score.

Dilos looks freaking EPIC!! FINALLY someone giving them their due credit.
  • edited March 2011
    joeldee wrote: »
    He's in the video in connection with his work on the films -- a tremendous source of inspiration for the project and the team of course!

- Joel

wow - my 100th post ... somehow, I probably should have compiled more posts by now over these years ... :P
    Did you show him your work? If so what does he think of it?
  • edited March 2011
    concerning the Dilophosaurus:
    the one seen in the "The Dinosaurs Of Jurassic Park Return" could also be the one that killed Nedry. IF Nima walked to the jeep and opened the door just to get attacked by the Dilophosaurus that was locked inside.
    How many of them there are actually on Isla Nublar we don't know. And IF the one we saw in the movie was meant to be an adult or a juvenile we also don't know.
    (In the making-of they somehow stated they wanted to make the Dilophosaurus smaller so that the audience is not mistaking it with Velociraptor... although I think that is a silly explanation. I mean if the Dilophosaurus would have been made fully grown - up to 6 meters long and 3 high - with the V-shaped crest how would anyone mix that animal up with a raptor???)
  • edited March 2011
    Bombillazo wrote: »
    No orchestrated music?? :( Dont know if thats the final music, but I am still im glad its faithful to the original score.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Its OK, but I hope they add more background to the theme to make it more monumental
  • edited March 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    the one seen in the "The Dinosaurs Of Jurassic Park Return" could also be the one that killed Nedry. IF Nima walked to the jeep and opened the door just to get attacked by the Dilophosaurus that was locked inside.
    How many of them there are actually on Isla Nublar we don't know. And IF the one we saw in the movie was meant to be an adult or a juvenile we also don't know.
    (In the making-of they somehow stated they wanted to make the Dilophosaurus smaller so that the audience is not mistaking it with Velociraptor... although I think that is a silly explanation. I mean if the Dilophosaurus would have been made fully grown - up to 6 meters long and 3 high - with the V-shaped crest how would anyone mix that animal up with a raptor???)
    In the dinosaurs of jp footage we see one spitter in the first part. But at the end of the footage, there are two spitters, both about the same size. They surround her as she is trying to get into Nedry's jeep.
  • edited March 2011

Recalling the movie, I believe the tour program in the Explorer states, "...you will see a hurd of the first dinosaur on our tour: Dilophosaurus." This tells me there must be a reasonable number of Dilophosaurs and that they are likely pack animals.
  • edited March 2011
    starpooled wrote: »
    In the dinosaurs of jp footage we see one spitter in the first part. But at the end of the footage, there are two spitters, both about the same size. They surround her as she is trying to get into Nedry's jeep.

thanks. asianinferno posted an image of the two dilos already:
    dilophasaurus5.th.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    Recalling the movie, I believe the tour program in the Explorer states, "...you will see a hurd of the first dinosaur on our tour: Dilophosaurus." This tells me there must be a reasonable number of Dilophosaurs and that they are likely pack animals.

True!
    Richard-we-spared-no-expense-Kiley actually said this.
  • edited March 2011

Maybe! Remember, the park was set to open later that year. There may not have been many dilos yet. The recordings by Richard-no-expense-spared-Kiley were probably done ahead of time.
  • edited March 2011
    Maybe! Remember, the park was set to open later that year. There may not have been many dilos yet. The recordings by Richard-no-expense-spared-Kiley were probably done ahead of time.

The Dinos were ready, the facilities were not, and the game footage aleeady shows various Dilos
  • edited March 2011
    thanks. asianinferno posted an image of the two dilos already:
    dilophasaurus5.th.jpg
    Yep, there's two of em' in that video except a.) When the Dilophosaurus is running parallel to Nima and b.) At the end after the release dates are shown, one Dilophosaurus stand on top of Nedry's Jeep about to pounce on Nima (Whose machete is conveniently a few inches away).
  • edited March 2011
    I hope the frill of the Dilophosaurus looks different in the actual game than in that "trailer". In the movie, it's much more colorful. It has to look like THIS:

http://images.wikia.com/jurassicpark/images/4/4a/JP-Dilophosaurus2.jpg

Here's the dilophosaurus from the video:

lm75xtgc.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    I hope the frill of the Dilophosaurus looks different in the actual game than in that "trailer". In the movie, it's much more colorful. It has to look like THIS:

http://images.wikia.com/jurassicpark/images/4/4a/JP-Dilophosaurus2.jpg

Here's the dilophosaurus from the video:

lm75xtgc.jpg

The frill still needs improvement, otherwise the dilo models are great!
  • edited March 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    The frill still needs improvement, otherwise the dilo models are great!

Yep, I agree

now that I think about it, Dilos are one bad-ass looking dino, first so innocent then so freaking killer!

MC had a real awesome imagination to add venom the the dinos, and speilberg and the team for the frill :D
  • edited March 2011
    There should be more red spots on the frill.
  • edited March 2011
    I doubt such things could still be changed.
    I dunno how the code of the game works but I think it is not just as easy as editing the texture file of the dilo-frill in photoshop and overwrite the existing one.
    hm....
    plus the coloring of the frills could differ from animal to animal.
  • edited March 2011
    I doubt such things could still be changed.
    I dunno how the code of the game works but I think it is not just as easy as editing the texture file of the dilo-frill in photoshop and overwrite the existing one.
    hm....
    plus the coloring of the frills could differ from animal to animal.

actually, thats EXACTLY how most engines work :D
  • edited March 2011
    Dilophosaurus, a beautiful but deadly addition to Jurassic Park.

Attachment not found.
  • edited March 2011
    Dilophosaurus, a beautiful but deadly addition to Jurassic Park.

Attachment not found.
    Personal collection?
  • edited March 2011
    here we go for those wanting some gameplay and i have to say it looks freaking awesome!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIe06xDMQpY - 14:19
Sign in to comment in this discussion.