My Jurassic Park 3d models ;-) [Warning - lots of large images]

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
Hi everybody ^,^
I'm a great fan of Jurassic Park. This game looks awesome, I wanted to get back to Nublar and walk through the island and that's exactly what this game will give me.
I just pre-order it.
Since 4 years I create Jurassic Park 3D models, and I told myself it could be a good place to show some of them ;-) so here are some of them.

jpcompsognathuslow.jpg
By null at 2011-01-26

jppachycephalosaurlow.jpg
By null at 2011-01-25

jppteranodonlow.jpg
By null at 2011-01-25

jpparasaurolophuslow.jpg
By null at 2011-01-25

jpgallimimuslow.jpg
By null at 2011-01-25

jpvelociraptorlow.jpg
By null at 2011-01-25

jeffheadlow.jpg
By null at 2011-01-18

pagecompodiverspreviz.jpg
By null at 2011-03-04

There are more on my website julien.romeo.sfx.free.fr I can't post everything here.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Hey, great work. Though are you able to reduce the images on the forum to something most regular monitors can handle without side-scrolling? Say 700px wide? Then link to your site for the full res versions.

If you can do that in future, and maybe edit your post above if possible, that would be appreciated.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm not complaining cuz I have a wide monitor! :p

Very nice job with these models! If you are interested, I may need your help on a project if you were willing to create models and let me and some people use them. I'm not ready just yet, but let me know if you might be willing to help because these are great!
  • edited March 2011
    Wow...other then the glossiness of the eyes in the last pic, these are exquisite. Did you use photoshop for the compositing in the last shot or are those CG trees?
  • edited March 2011
    your work is IMPRESSIVE!!!!
    how did you create the models?
    i can't imagine you actually modelled them on hand but rather scanned real life 3D models...
  • edited March 2011
    sh*t son! you need to be creating a jurassic park game! Tresspasser remake with these graphics plz! KTHXBYE!

:P awesome job man the animals look amazing. Keep it up!

EDIT: Baby raptor looks sweeeeeeeet!
  • edited March 2011
    synJP wrote: »
    Tresspasser remake with these graphics plz!

Haha I was going to say the same thing, but obviously I talk about Trespasser too much so, i guess I will be going! :cool:
  • edited March 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    but obviously I talk about Trespasser too much so

One cannot talk about trespasser too much :D
  • edited March 2011
    synJP wrote: »
    One cannot talk about trespasser too much :D

Haha, so true!!! I am loving this community so much! I sure hope Telltale makes a second season so I will get a chance to talk to you all again!
  • edited March 2011
    indeed!
  • edited March 2011
    tope1983 wrote: »
    your work is IMPRESSIVE!!!!
    how did you create the models?
    i can't imagine you actually modelled them on hand but rather scanned real life 3D models...

Yep, he did, itsstill pretty impressive, you need to clean up models after scanning, but no way as much work as actually modeling from scratch.
  • edited March 2011
    Wow, fantastic work! :eek:

How long did each of these take, out of curiosity?
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks for the comments ;-)
    It took me 4 years to learn how to create the models, now I have 12 species, 2 babies and a juvenile, so 15 animals. 3 New animals will be make this year.
    I used two methods, the first one was to scan maquettes, making them symetricals, adding details, making a retoplogy, unwrap UV and making textures.
    The second one was to make a low poly model in 3DSMax, and adding details and textures on Mudbox or Zbrush.
    After I just have to add muscles and making animations. ;-)
    I'm making a new demo reel, with this demo reel, I'm making a little book, 3 in French language, 9 in English language.
    Each book and demo reel disk has a number and will be sent to some people who inspired me during my 4 years of process.
    Here are two pictures of the disk which will come with the 36 pages book, fully illustrated ^,^ :

demoreelcd001.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-03-27

demoreelcd002.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-03-27

booklow.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-03-29

When the books and disks will be sent, I'll wait a couple of weeks and I'll put my new demo reel on Youtube ;-)
  • edited April 2011
    More pictures ^,^

r001k.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-04-12

r002u.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-04-12

r003t.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-04-12

r004l.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-04-12

I hope you'll like them ^,^
  • edited April 2011
    AMAZING! I wish I could do draw like that...

Congratulations on your work! It's top-notch! :D
  • edited April 2011
    You're sending those DVDs to THE Steven Spielberg? Nice. What exactly do they contain?

I have 3DS MAX but I'm still a beginner. I've been looking through many tutorials to help me out. Your work is truly amazing and inspiring. I hope to see much more from you!:)
  • edited April 2011
    Very AWESOME work! Please feel free to share more anytime! :D
  • edited April 2011
    Krokery wrote: »
    You're sending those DVDs to THE Steven Spielberg? Nice. What exactly do they contain?

Yes, he is on my list ^,^

In fact I made that book to explain why I did all these models, and I'll send it to all the people whi inspired me during these 4 years of work. ;-)

The DVD contain my demo reel, and some extra video feature like retopology or unwrap uv video, it contain a lot of high definition renders and videos too.

I made 12 of them and 2 extra books for my personnal use. Each book came with a personnal letter and like the DVD, they are numbered with the name of each man on it.
  • edited April 2011
    Extremely impressive stuff! I think I can sign off now, as the forum got its new 3D guy ;)

Also: The book/DVD-idea is just brilliant!
  • edited April 2011
    Wow, wow, wow. Are you planning to offer this for sale at Amazon? Or maybe to Telltale ;) I would definitely buy it.
  • edited April 2011
    Giu3232 wrote: »

In fact I made that book to explain why I did all these models, and I'll send it to all the people whi inspired me during these 4 years of work. ;-)

The DVD contain my demo reel, and some extra video feature like retopology or unwrap uv video, it contain a lot of high definition renders and videos too.

I made 12 of them and 2 extra books for my personnal use. Each book came with a personnal letter and like the DVD, they are numbered with the name of each man on it.
    How are you going to send it to him? What I mean how will you get his address and how will you get him to accept it? I hope he receives it and appreciates it.
  • edited April 2011
    Krokery wrote: »
    How are you going to send it to him? What I mean how will you get his address and how will you get him to accept it? I hope he receives it and appreciates it.

I'll send it at Amblin Entertainment and Dreamworks pictures.
  • edited April 2011
    Might be a good idea to send a copy to the people at ILM too. I'm Sure Dennis Muren would love to see it. I just hope that they're lawyers dont have a hissy fit when it comes to copyright infringment. Granted dinosaurs themselves are technically natural resourses and thus they cannot be copyrighted, but I'm sure there are more than a few bigshot lawyers in hollywood who cant make that distintion.
  • edited April 2011

That is so cool. All the best of luck to you!
  • edited April 2011
    Panther10 wrote: »
    Might be a good idea to send a copy to the people at ILM too. I'm Sure Dennis Muren would love to see it. I just hope that they're lawyers dont have a hissy fit when it comes to copyright infringment. Granted dinosaurs themselves are technically natural resourses and thus they cannot be copyrighted, but I'm sure there are more than a few bigshot lawyers in hollywood who cant make that distintion.

I talked to Dennis Muren at phone two weeks ago, he is on my list and is waiting for it ^,^
  • edited April 2011
    I talked to Dennis Muren at phone two weeks ago, he is on my list and is waiting for it ^,^

...that is SO cool. If only Stan Winston were still alive to see the work people are doing. You're very talented and I hope you have the best of luck.
  • edited April 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    ...that is SO cool. If only Stan Winston were still alive to see the work people are doing. You're very talented and I hope you have the best of luck.

Thanks my friend ^,^ Stan was the master, there are some books for his family, John Rosengrant, Paul Mejias and Jimmy Charmatz at Legacy Effects too ( SWS).
  • edited April 2011
    Panther10 wrote: »
    Granted dinosaurs themselves are technically natural resourses and thus they cannot be copyrighted, but I'm sure there are more than a few bigshot lawyers in hollywood who cant make that distintion.

Indeed. One of the controversies rocking the paleo-art community right now is claims made by famed artist Gregory Paul that his particular style of dinosaurs has become too mainstream and copied by everyone without his permission. He's even gone so far as to say that he "owns" the position of a running dinosaur stepping forward on one leg (such as this) and that anyone else illustrating any dinosaur in this pose is violating his copyright.
  • edited April 2011
    Indeed. One of the controversies rocking the paleo-art community right now is claims made by famed artist Gregory Paul that his particular style of dinosaurs has become too mainstream and copied by everyone without his permission. He's even gone so far as to say that he "owns" the position of a running dinosaur stepping forward on one leg (such as this) and that anyone else illustrating any dinosaur in this pose is violating his copyright.

That's awful. Does this guy even realize what he's doing to the scientific community? How are people supposed to learn about what dinosaurs were really like without studying how they moved? From one artist to another I think I need to have a talk with him.
  • edited April 2011
    great work mate nice see that !
  • edited April 2011
    And while he's at it, he'll teach you how to sing and dance...

Nice work, though, seriously. Those drawings sort of remind me of the Ninja Turtle drawings in the first movie :D
  • edited April 2011
    How much you want for one of those books?
  • edited April 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    How much you want for one of those books?

They are not for sale :-)
  • edited April 2011
    Wow, stunning.
  • edited April 2011
    These are not the finished models. It's a work in progress.

spinovsrex.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-04-27
  • edited May 2011
    I have a complete T-Rex but I'm thinking about making a new one, more accurate ^,^
    Here is a first test on the head

rexcompo.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-05-01
  • edited May 2011
    Holy screaming starfish!!!! That's amazing! :eek:
  • edited May 2011
    That's some seriously awesome work. Great job.
  • edited May 2011
    Here is the finished T-Rex model for close up shots ^,^
    Just need to make somes bridges between the left and right parts and it will be ready for the next steps.

halfrexprogresslow.jpg
    By giu3232 at 2011-05-04
  • edited May 2011
    These are awesome!
  • edited May 2011
    Telltale should hire you. HEAR ME TELLTALE! IM SENDING MY BRIGADE OF OWLS TO YOU. ILL STOP THEM IF YOU HIRE THIS AMAZING GENTLEMEN.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.