TF2 Item for prepurchase Jurassic Park Game ?

edited September 2011 in Jurassic Park
Hello All !!

I think that will be a great idea to add a hat for Team Fortress 2 for the pre-order of Jurassic Park The Game on Steam.
You have add a delear's visor for pre-order Poker Night.
That can be very fun to see a hat on TF2 with Jurassic Park.
The hat of Alan, or a dinosaur head ^^

Comments

• edited March 2011
    We have dino d day possibly coming, I would like a spas 12 shotgun skin though XD
  • edited March 2011
    Shauntron mentioned something about this over Steam chat.
  • edited March 2011
    Ian Malcolm's glasses.
  • edited March 2011
    There'd probably be a licensing issue. Sam and Max, Homestar Runner, and Penny Arcade are all creator-owned, so it would've been fairly easy for Telltale/Valve to get permission to make TF2 items of them. Jurassic Park is owned by Universal, which is a completely different story. Not to mention that Telltale's done two TF2 cross-promotions already. Telltale's already known in certain circles as "the guys who make games that give you hats," which is a label they might want to avoid. :p

If they do make TF2 items for Jurassic Park, though, the answer is obvious. There's only one class who doesn't have a specific promotional item yet. Maybe we should give him "Older Snaggletooth."

250px-Sniper_with_croc.png
  • edited March 2011
    ec11f455267d5fb2848aba5f058968af.png

Maybe TT could contact the creator of this.
  • edited March 2011
    I would be pleased if we get that:
    cryocan-prop.jpg

by the way: did you know that ?
  • edited March 2011
    I don't think we will get any Jurassic Park items for TF2, as Telltale has nothing to do with TF2, unless it's a Valve related product, such as Poker Night, and the rare thing with Sam&Max with that...I unlikely see JP items happening.
  • edited March 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I don't think we will get any Jurassic Park items for TF2, as Telltale has nothing to do with TF2, unless it's a Valve related product, such as Poker Night, and the rare thing with Sam&Max with that...I unlikely see JP items happening.

RIFT, Homefront, Shogun: Total War 2.

These have nothing to do with TF2 or Valve. They have promo items.
  • edited March 2011
    The point is that it's up to Valve. Valve sort of does TF2 item tie-ins for whatever they feel like doing them for. Just because they've done tie-ins with two of Telltale's games in the past doesn't mean that they're going to do them for every Telltale release going forward. It could happen, but if it hasn't been announced by the time the game is available for pre-order (which this one is), then it's probably not going to happen.
  • edited April 2011
    The point is that it's up to Valve. Valve sort of does TF2 item tie-ins for whatever they feel like doing them for. Just because they've done tie-ins with two of Telltale's games in the past doesn't mean that they're going to do them for every Telltale release going forward. It could happen, but if it hasn't been announced by the time the game is available for pre-order (which this one is), then it's probably not going to happen.

Ah no. It's the other way around. Valve is making money from these promotional items.
  • edited April 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »

...You don't play TF2, do you? There have been a lot of cross-game promotions. And only three of those are Valve games.

Still, JP items seem pretty unlikely.
  • edited April 2011
    Have faith.

Not that I'm asking for more items that breaks TF2's artstyle.
  • edited April 2011
    I had a word with Jake about this. He said it would be a complex licensing issue. So it's very unlikely.
  • edited April 2011
    Rong wrote: »
    Have faith.

Not that I'm asking for more items that breaks TF2's artstyle.

Rong. Go back to FP. We dont want your scout shit here.
  • edited May 2011
    Maybe Spas 12 replacement for the regular shotgun or Hammond's amber cane as a melee weapon. Or Grant's Raptor claw as a misc.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2011
    Shauntron mentioned something about this over Steam chat.

And to be clear that something was "that would be cool". Not a confirmation or a denial!
  • edited September 2011
    Something like this?...
    CFR_CleverGirl.jpg
    CFR_BabyTRexArm.jpg
    CFR_CretaceousCrest.jpg
    CFR_ScalySmasher.jpg
    CFR_PterosaurPtopper.jpg
    CFR_PPyrosaurolophus.jpg
    CFR_TriassicTail.jpg
    CFR_RexsRegalia.jpg
    Spared no expense.
    CFR_JurassicPack_GroupSmall.jpg
    Do you guys like them?

Also, I would be very interested if Telltale wants to make a promo deal with Valve for the JP game using these items. :)
  • edited September 2011
    ChrisPR7, that is 100% Pure Win. Even the names were great. My personal favorite is that scout with Clever Girl and the Baby T-Rex Arm. Also about an earlier post, I would murder for that Barbasol can prop.
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks, man. Really appreciated :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.