Constructive Criticism...

2»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Well, if you guys are welcome to any helping criticism, I have a fair amount of pictures on the maquettes and animatronics for the dinosaurs in the movie. If you would like for me to post those, I'll look to see what could help.
  • edited March 2011
    Not sure about the exact timing of the footage, but bits such as when Ellie, Ian and Muldoon speed away from the Rex Paddock, the storm has stopped, as it has when Grant is rescuing Tim from the tree. There is water dripping from the branches in the tree scene, but it's fairly light suggesting the moon was out.

In the pics and footage we have seen it could be just after the rex loses the car in the chase.

In some of the other pics and video clips the rex and other scenes are shown in heavy rain, so I think the guys have probably got it spot on...
  • edited March 2011
    adamrose51 wrote: »
    ...in the pics and footage we have seen it could be just after the rex loses the car in the chase....

Makes sense to me. It could explain how the Rex got to the Trike paddock while still remaining canon to the film.
  • edited March 2011
    Makes sense to me. It could explain how the Rex got to the Trike paddock while still remaining canon to the film.

Question is, why would it return if it tracked down food over by the Trike?
  • edited March 2011
    Question is, why would it return if it tracked down food over by the Trike?

Disorientation?
  • edited March 2011
    Bombillazo wrote: »
    Disorientation?
    Or the yelling from Ellie and Muldoon. "ALAN!? DR.GRANT!?" = Food nearby for the T-Rex.
  • edited March 2011
    I just watched that gameplay footage with the Triceratops. Why is that red lamp on over that door although the electricity is out?
  • edited March 2011
    I do believe a few people in this thread are misinformed. The electricity didn't go out, Nedry disabled the security for the island fences included.
  • edited March 2011
    Tiranno wrote: »
    I do believe a few people in this thread are misinformed. The electricity didn't go out, Nedry disabled the security for the island fences included.
    Including the phones...but there was a point where the power was disabled, when Arnold flipped the switch.
  • edited March 2011
    Including the phones...but there was a point where the power was disabled, when Arnold flipped the switch.

Switching off power of raptor paddock too. Yep, but all that happened in the morning, if I am correct. After the sunrise. The gameplay video and trailer cover only a nighttime.
  • edited April 2011
    veki wrote: »
    Switching off power of raptor paddock too. Yep, but all that happened in the morning, if I am correct. After the sunrise. The gameplay video and trailer cover only a nighttime.
    Well someone in another thread brought up the question of how the "Unknown Dock Agent" was using a phone on the dock if the "power was out", but it really wasn't.
  • edited April 2011
    The gameplay with the trike was happening just as the Rex made her epic escape. Re-watch your movie, people. Arnold shut the power off much later to reboot the systems, after Nedry's "virus" had crippled most of Jurassic Park.. :/
  • edited April 2011
    DustyBoy87 wrote: »
    the gameplay with the trike was happening just as the rex made her epic escape. Re-watch your movie, people. Arnold shut the power off much later to reboot the systems, after nedry's "virus" had crippled most of jurassic park.. :/
    qft!
  • edited April 2011
    I can remember going on the Jurassic Park ride when I was a kid. Anybody else been on it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi6WZTK1nRk
    This brings back memories.
  • edited April 2011
    I think this is actually a VERY bad idea just to make this based on the first movie. I can't understand how in any way this would be exciting. We already KNOW the entire storyline from the movie which we've probably all seen at least a thousand times and the book ( which had a couple scenes - SMALL scenes not in the movie ) - they should have continued it from the 3rd movie OR continued from the 2nd movie and made an alternate 3rd,4th, et cetera.......highly disappointed here :(

HOWEVER - I am extremely impressed that one of the developers and a great fanartist QUICKLY got together at the start of this thread and they will try to "work in" some of his concepts....although it was after the beginning of march - which leads me to believe there is very little time to put much of his work in - at least the 1st episode...
  • edited April 2011
    JGennaro wrote: »
    I think this is actually a VERY bad idea just to make this based on the first movie. I can't understand how in any way this would be exciting. We already KNOW the entire storyline from the movie which we've probably all seen at least a thousand times and the book ( which had a couple scenes - SMALL scenes not in the movie ) - they should have continued it from the 3rd movie OR continued from the 2nd movie and made an alternate 3rd,4th, et cetera.......highly disappointed here :(
    Yeah, I kinda see your point, but I disagree. The storyline will be different than the story of the movie, they will run concurrently and from what I gathered, the Game will go beyond the events of the first film.

spoiler
    The fate of the shaving can will be revealed and there will be a rescue team sent to retrieve the Hardings.

Oh and one of the things that was NOT covered by any of the films is the exact fate of Isla Nublar, e.g. how the Park was dismantled. I hope we're going to see that.
  • edited April 2011
    I've always want to see what happened to Isla Nublar in the movie universe of JP. It was never brought up again. Was it dismantled? Do the dinosaurs roam free? Or did the just die off from lack of support. In TLW, Hammond was determined to preserve the animals on Sorna, so why not do the same for Nublar?
  • edited April 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    I've always want to see what happened to Isla Nublar in the movie universe of JP. It was never brought up again. Was it dismantled? Do the dinosaurs roam free? Or did the just die off from lack of support. In TLW, Hammond was determined to preserve the animals on Sorna, so why not do the same for Nublar?

In a deleted scene from TLW it is mentioned it was dismantled.

Maybe they could do what happened in the book with the army going in and destroying everything.
  • edited April 2011
    Phoenix123 wrote: »
    In a deleted scene from TLW it is mentioned it was dismantled.

Maybe they could do what happened in the book with the army going in and destroying everything.

You're right, I forgot about that scene. Actually, I think both those deleted scenes are great and that they should have been kept in the movie. The first one really show the struggling corporate side of InGen. It also confirms Muldoons death (for all those who thought it was a conspiracy).
  • edited April 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    You're right, I forgot about that scene. Actually, I think both those deleted scenes are great and that they should have been kept in the movie. The first one really show the struggling corporate side of InGen. It also confirms Muldoons death (for all those who thought it was a conspiracy).

Hmmm, but is delete scene a JP canon? If not, it would be good if some of following seasons (let's hope there would be many of them) will take a place on now ruined Isla Nublar. Something like Site B meets Isla Nublar, with dinosaurs roaming all around, fences in disrepair, EXP 04 still lying in T-Rex paddock, and EXP 05 (hope that we will see it in this game) being on the place where Telltale game left it. Same with other things shown in the game. That should not be expensive for Telltale to make, as majority of locations would be reused, and made older and more in ruin than now. After all it's story that matters.
    What do u think about that Isla Nublar 5-10 years later, idea?
  • edited April 2011
    veki wrote: »
    Hmmm, but is delete scene a JP canon? If not, it would be good if some of following seasons (let's hope there would be many of them) will take a place on now ruined Isla Nublar. Something like Site B meets Isla Nublar, with dinosaurs roaming all around, fences in disrepair, EXP 04 still lying in T-Rex paddock, and EXP 05 (hope that we will see it in this game) being on the place where Telltale game left it. Same with other things shown in the game. That should not be expensive for Telltale to make, as majority of locations would be reused, and made older and more in ruin than now. After all it's story that matters.
    What do u think about that Isla Nublar 5-10 years later, idea?
    What? Like Trespasser and Site B, a year after The Lost World?
  • edited April 2011
    I think a deleted scene (as opposed to an alternate scene) should be considered canon because most deleted scenes are only removed from a movie for time, runtime, or money constraints. That being said, I would rather see Telltale stick to the original story line than change anything. But, even if Isla Nublar is completely dismantled, that doesn't mean something wasn't left on hiding. Troodons could have been hiding in the woods, or Raptors left in an underground den. There are a number of possibilities still.
  • edited April 2011
    What? Like Trespasser and Site B, a year after The Lost World?
    Yes, but as Site B was only a production facility, the Nublar had a fully functional park. Immagine the possibilities ;)
  • edited April 2011
    JGennaro wrote: »

HOWEVER - I am extremely impressed that one of the developers and a great fanartist QUICKLY got together at the start of this thread and they will try to "work in" some of his concepts....although it was after the beginning of march - which leads me to believe there is very little time to put much of his work in - at least the 1st episode...

You can't say that! You don't know EVERYTHING that went on during the first movie, and you most likely never will (No one except the story writers of the film).

What this game is attempting is to fill in more of what occurred during the Isla Nublar Incident, tying up "loose ends" as well as bringing forth possibly new mysteries and insights.
  • edited April 2011
    You can't say that! You don't know EVERYTHING that went on during the first movie, and you most likely never will (No one except the story writers of the film).

What this game is attempting is to fill in more of what occurred during the Isla Nublar Incident, tying up "loose ends" as well as bringing forth possibly new mysteries and insights.

I'm agree, the two first movies and novel are awesome. And it's perfect to go back there. Jurassic Park is based on the novels, there are two novels and producers should have made just 2 movies.

The best is to go back to nublar to learn more about the island and what happened there. Jurassic Park is full of plot holes and I would be happy to learn more about the movie thanks to the game.
  • edited November 2011
    as long as telltale gives this game a really good story i think they can go on more about the story and add more stuff about what happen to site B and so on and so fourth, i know alot of people will buy this game and say it looks gay because the graphics are no good or it don't have life like movement and face scans like heavy rain

most of the people who are gonna enjoy this are people who are fans of the story of JP, i went into my local gamestop to put money on this game for the xbox and the 2 employees said they didnt even know there was a new JP game coming out and it must be a low budget game,

i rly think it will be a great game and great story (im hoping!) and if the story turns out to be great i will throw down 60$ for them to make a new one and hope they up the budget a little bit
  • edited November 2011
    ok u people need to wake up about the graphics its good i think and u now what i now this game will be awsome and will be good the only reason u people are complaning about the graphics is bc u want perfection or some stupid assasins creed graphics or Moder warefare 3 well news flash its an awsome game and im very excited to see this thanx goodnight
  • edited November 2011
    i dont really play games too much anymore so graphics dont mean anything to me lol ive already pre ordered and im really pumped for the story and the gameplay. being part of that generation that watched jurassic park everynight before bed as a kid i think telltale has done a great job, with the dinosaurs...the ambience...and definetly the detail. (ex the little tunnel the jeep goes through in the trike scene is kinda like the one near the T-rex paddock) being 17 and still obsessed with dinosaurs i really like how you guys got 98% of the facts right reguarding species you've chosen. (herrarasaurus = win) and to be honest i thought that you guys using the actual park map was kind of pipe dream...and then you went and did it. /hi5
Sign in to comment in this discussion.