Will there be a Telltale tie-in to the AMC series?

edited November 2011 in The Walking Dead
Like, maybe we can arrange someone on the show to play Puzzle Agent or something. :)

Comments

• edited March 2011
    How?
    Explain how this could happen.
    Internet and video games have basicaly have been no more.
    The ONLY way I could ever see a reference would be to Night of the Raving Dead, and even still that would be a stretch.
  • edited March 2011
    Someone could play Hector on their iPhone :p
  • edited March 2011
    Someone could play Hector on their iPhone :p

Because people totally have Iphones around with them at this point in the series.

Looking back I can see a few ways to tie them in.
    Perhaps if you are in an abandoned city you can find the remains of scoggins Erasors. but it would have to be really subtile to get a reference.

Perhaps a news stand that says bad news on it.
    Beyond that it would sortof break the flow.
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah it would not make any sense for them to be playing a game... But a survivor could be wearing a TTG shirt.

Hey how come there are no simple TTG shirts in the store?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Hey how come there are no simple TTG shirts in the store?

Because it would be too cool. No one could handle it.
  • edited March 2011
    A bottle of Banang left on the counter somewhere.
  • edited March 2011
    The world couldn't handle a real-life bottle of Banang. On the other hand, maybe that's what ended the world in the first place?
  • edited March 2011
    The world couldn't handle a real-life bottle of Banang. On the other hand, maybe that's what ended the world in the first place?

THATS IT
    Banang was the cause of it all.
    That would be one heck of a plot twist.
    Kind of like the "a dog controlled it all" ending from Silent Hill 2:D
    EDIT:Ok a few other ideas would be if someone used to work at game design and he could be hinted he worked at telltale perhaps named David or Alan, or something like "funny I was so going to make a game similar to this"

But as I already said the reference will have to be very subtle or it could break the flow of the game.
    Like I said the remains of a scoggins erasor factory, or an even greater one "reports have shown that the zombies have made it all the way to Stutgard" But playing a video game would defenently break the flow.
  • edited March 2011
    God no.
  • edited March 2011
    God no.

Yeah, you're right. I feel bad just for joining in on the Banang joke. That joke's been run into the ground and just keeps on going.
  • edited March 2011
    Banaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!

(I just wasted my 800th post and now everybody hates me for taking this too far :()
  • edited March 2011
    Maybe something about Strong Bad, maybe a Max plush.
  • edited March 2011
    Maybe something about Strong Bad, maybe a Max plush.

Ok... how?

I tried to go for subtle references but they might still be too much. I get we could conviently find the remains of a telltale fan and his max plush, but what for strong bad?
  • edited April 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Ok... how?

I tried to go for subtle references but they might still be too much. I get we could conviently find the remains of a telltale fan and his max plush, but what for strong bad?

I don't know, something from the Homestar Runner store
  • edited April 2011
    I don't know, something from the Homestar Runner store

True perhaps a homestar toy found in the remains of someones house.
    Still Id prefer that references get kept to a minimum. Usually those lead to a nice laugh that you got the reference, something that would be bad for a serious game like this.
  • edited April 2011
    The only thing I think could conceivably fit in with the tone of the show would be something like the zombie girl from the first episode holding a Max plush or something.
  • edited April 2011
    I'd rather they didn't. But if they do, it needs to be subtle. Just something like saying the word 'Telltale.' It may be just me, but in almost every Telltale episode, someone usually mentions, "It's the tell-tale sign of a..." or use the word in a similar way. I don't know if the Telltale writers just like using the word, but it could be used in the series and not distract from what's happening.
  • edited April 2011
    How to NOT handle references in this game
    *Have people doing banang dances during the game
    *Have people playing puzzle agent on their iphones
    *Zombie Sam and Maxes.
    *Have a characters last words be "BANANG!"
    *Have marty mcfly come in his delorean where he releases he must have jacked up the timeline bigtime.

Feel free to add more.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    *Have a characters last words be "BANANG!"

"I... I've always loved... ... ughh... ... loved... banaaang..."
  • edited April 2011
    Seriously. How is banang-as-dying-words NOT a good idea? Think about how much better Citizen Kane could have been!
  • edited April 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    "I... I've always loved... ... ughh... ... loved... banaaang..."

Ok now I want it in game. That and want a laugh when Dashing finds it ingame:D
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    It's worth noting to all ya'll that we licensed the comics and Walking Dead rights from Kirkman and not from AMC. Although that doesn't mean we can't brainwash him to crave banang and then take that idea into the writer's room...
  • edited April 2011
    Every Telltale game must have Banang.

In fact, you need to go back and patch every game that doesn't reference Banang and put it in somewhere.

You only need at least one Banang reference per series, though, not per episode. I am a generous man. :p
  • edited April 2011
    Ok guys. Please reference this one photo I will post in some shape or place please.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2495&d=1302726392
  • edited November 2011
    Hmm telltale pitch this idea :)15.jpg
This discussion has been closed.