Netflix 1month free promotion for free S&M game

edited April 2011 in Game Support
Hello,

First time posting, probably will never post again once this has been resolved.

Okay, I live in Canada and I saw a promotion for Sam and Max Devil's playground were given away for free as long as you begin a 1 month trial with netflix. I called netflix about the deal and rep said he has no clue about this promotion and told me to talk to you (Telltale games)

So my question is...

If my 1 month free trial for Netflix ended and I cancel my netflix account, do I lose my rights to play the games?

Here the page, not much there for details about it though

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-778

Comments

• edited March 2011
    The game is permanent.
  • edited March 2011
    No, once your one month trial has ended you keep the game.

Like Shodan said the game is permanent.
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks guys, problem solved. I will get the trial for the free game

Mods: please close my account and delete my email address because I have no intention to post again.
  • edited March 2011
    I processed the trial yesterday and still haven't gotten any e-mail about the game =(.
  • edited March 2011
    I completed the trial offer two days ago, and have not received my free game. I have emailed Telltale support, but have not received anything in reply.

I have also emailed Trialpay support with my confirmation email. Waiting on a response from them too.
  • edited March 2011
    mebibyte wrote: »
    I completed the trial offer two days ago, and have not received my free game. I have emailed Telltale support, but have not received anything in reply.

I have also emailed Trialpay support with my confirmation email. Waiting on a response from them too.

Unfortunately we can't view any parts of this offer. You'll need to speak with trial pay.
  • edited March 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    Unfortunately we can't view any parts of this offer. You'll need to speak with trial pay.

Thanks for the quick reply! I have emailed TrialPay, so I will wait on their response. If I get nothing back, well, I guess I'll just live without Sam & Max for a little while longer.
  • edited March 2011
    I also have not gotten the game, one of the fans posted on the blog saying that trial pay could not confirm that he had signed up for it and now he has to wait

3 to 5 days to get a response back

I know you can't view the other, but could you please get someone to look into it, as I feel like I have been fooled into getting one month free trial of netflix, and no game I was promised

Its great that I get a free game, and I guess I can wait, but if I have to wait another week when I was originally promised it one day after I had signed up, heads will roll!!
  • edited March 2011
    can I get a real answer please? I have emailed trial pay and they said they would get back to me in SEVERAL DAYS and in that time I might get the game cause the offer ends April 4th and they said to another user :

"I have checked your customer log, and it appears that our system was unable to verify the Netflix offer you chose to complete. We are currently verifying your account information with Netflix. Due to a high volume of inquiries, someone from the TrialPay support team will be in touch with you within 3-5 business days regarding this matter.

I apologize for the delay you have experienced, but look forward to resolving this matter for you as soon as possible."

so trial pay more or less said that whenever they felt like fixing it for them. I understand that again teltale has said that they do not have control in this area, but its kinda like I got netflix saturday, they didn't bother to review intill a day later, and now they want me to prove that I did the netflix promotion and I have to wait 3-5 days after they tell me the exact same thing as the above person I mentioned, I know that I sound spolied here excepting to get it a day after, but your going to make me wait one week, and what happens if they can't figure out I did the offer when it expires, what I don't get the game

I just want an answers, I mean obviously trial pay hasn't said anything on the matter, and its getting to the point were I am wrongly blaming teltale for puting on there blog that I would get a free game, did anyone at all get the game, or is it just my bad luck
  • edited March 2011
    redakdal wrote: »
    can I get a real answer please? I have emailed trial pay and they said they would get back to me in SEVERAL DAYS and in that time I might get the game cause the offer ends April 4th and they said to another user :

"I have checked your customer log, and it appears that our system was unable to verify the Netflix offer you chose to complete. We are currently verifying your account information with Netflix. Due to a high volume of inquiries, someone from the TrialPay support team will be in touch with you within 3-5 business days regarding this matter.

I apologize for the delay you have experienced, but look forward to resolving this matter for you as soon as possible."

so trial pay more or less said that whenever they felt like fixing it for them. I understand that again teltale has said that they do not have control in this area, but its kinda like I got netflix saturday, they didn't bother to review intill a day later, and now they want me to prove that I did the netflix promotion and I have to wait 3-5 days after they tell me the exact same thing as the above person I mentioned, I know that I sound spolied here excepting to get it a day after, but your going to make me wait one week, and what happens if they can't figure out I did the offer when it expires, what I don't get the game

I just want an answers, I mean obviously trial pay hasn't said anything on the matter, and its getting to the point were I am wrongly blaming teltale for puting on there blog that I would get a free game, did anyone at all get the game, or is it just my bad luck

They gave you a pretty clear answer. They're verifying the purchase with Netflix and this can take 3-5 days. When we verify information with third parties we have the same wait time.

I know waiting isn't fun but I don't have a way to speed up another company.
  • edited March 2011
    thank you, I hope that they will get to me soon, I am just flabbergasted that I had to email them for my confirmation, just a little silly I think, but thank you amy, I am sorry to complain about waiting, but I am still worried cause I don't want trial pay to think I didn't do it and miss the april 5th date

its all kinda confusing since you don't get much input from the other company, but I really like teltale input since there actually trying to calm things down thanks!!!
  • edited March 2011
    Well, I got a reply from TrialPay, and they said that I was ineligible for credit. I replied explaining all the trouble I went through with the charge on my credit card for a "free" trial, and having to contact Netflix support.

They replied again with the same message. They are not able to give me credit.

I really think TellTale Support should step up and solve this issue. I'm really tired of dealing with these other companies who are obviously unwilling to cooperate with those of us who are experiencing difficulties with their "free" deal.
  • edited March 2011
    mebibyte wrote: »
    Well, I got a reply from TrialPay, and they said that I was ineligible for credit. I replied explaining all the trouble I went through with the charge on my credit card for a "free" trial, and having to contact Netflix support.

They replied again with the same message. They are not able to give me credit.

I really think TellTale Support should step up and solve this issue. I'm really tired of dealing with these other companies who are obviously unwilling to cooperate with those of us who are experiencing difficulties with their "free" deal.

Did they give you a reason? If you send the email to support@telltalegames.com I can send it to trial pay support again but I don't have a way to solve this without going through them.
  • edited March 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    Did they give you a reason? If you send the email to support@telltalegames.com I can send it to trial pay support again but I don't have a way to solve this without going through them.

I sent an email to the support email, and I got a confirmation, but I haven't received a reply yet, so I'm just checking to see if you guys got my email.

Thanks!
  • edited April 2011
    hey mebibyte, you got that that replay yet? I emailed trialpay a while ago, and still haven't heard from them, I should hear from them tommorrow, its going to be slower then I though cause they more or less really screwed alot of people over, and are checking alot of accounts for this but still I have yet to get the game, but if they do not respond tommorrow, I ll email netflix, and teltale

I have yet to hear from anyone that has gotten the game
  • edited April 2011
    I was able to get the game just fine through this promotion. I signed up for the 1 month trial (which I have already cancelled) and was able to (within a few minutes) start downloading and playing the games.
  • edited April 2011
    ^
    l
    l
    wow lucky!!! I am so mad cause I signed up, and have yet to get anything

I got two emails from trial pay, in short they told me to wait 5 more days, which sucks cause I waited to get the email, only for it to say "Wait 5 for more days"!!
  • edited April 2011
    I emailed teltale just now, regarding the problem with this offer, I would like everyone to see this email I got from trialpay.com

Dear christopher,

Thank you for your patience as we looked further into your request for credit.

After reviewing your order details, the team at Netflix has determined that your purchase is ineligible for credit. Unfortunately, as TrialPay representatives do not have access to their system, we are unable to provide any further details regarding your eligibility as determined by our advertising partner.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but if we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Kelly

TrialPay Customer Support

looks familiar doesn't it? well its the SAME EMAIL mebibyte GOT!!!

trialpay.com is screwing us over, I am going to have to deal with netflix support, even though I am sure they will have no idea what I am talking about

just keeping everyone updated, again I emailed teltale, but from what amy has told us, there not much she or the company can do, so either way I am more or less screwed out of a free game

this time I am not blaming teltale, I Am blaming trialpay.com for making me wait 2 weeks and then saying I can't have it, due to unknown reason they can't tell me or more or less just made up
  • edited April 2011
    I am done, I give up, there was no free game!!! not only did trialpay once again say the same email saying I was ineligible because of unknown reasons, telltale has not responded back to my support email, and wow what a surprise, toke the blog about the free game off the site, I love you telltale and the tales of monkey island serious, but again I say that 3 companies have screwed me over with a free game, that I never got, despite what I said about being a new netflix subscriber and noone in the family signed up for it.

I am going to close this topic after this post, but I just wanted to say I am VERY disappointed at the lack of communication with 3 big companies that have told me nothing new but that they cannot help me at all, I don't even want a apology anymore, I just want the telltale team to know that I am very upset right now and I will not be trusting telltale or trialpay with free offers anytime in the future, and I very much hope your company learns from this and tries better next time, because honestly I am only mad because noone is giving me a straight answer but "idk what to do"
This discussion has been closed.