Bone Shaker?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Dr.Dino wrote: »

You're right, those are shown in the background. What I was actually thinking of is a recording in the background as the lunch is being served. You can hear Hammond's voice saying, "...our more adventurous guests can opt for our Jungle River Cruise for a close up look at our majestic..." then the line is cut off.
  • edited August 2011
    I just found an article in Dutch(Thank God for Translator) and I think it may confirm what "Bone Shaker" is. The article mentions a roller coaster, along with the marine facility. I believe we have our confirmation. This was posted just a few days ago. Here's the link Scroll to the bottom.

http://games.fok.nl/special/455396/1/1/100/telltales-line-up.html
  • edited August 2011
    Maybe we will see a Balloon tour or something, or maybe Bumper Trikes?
    I like this idea of rides in the game.
  • edited August 2011
    correct me if im wrong its been awhile since ive read the book, but isnt the pteratops lodge inside the aviary? that would be worth seeing in the game and i certianly think that the river ride will be in there, the universal rides were based on it, a baryonx attack on the river ride would be an awesome scene in game, or mabey the mosasaur chases it? both of the rides listed would be cool
  • edited August 2011
    Dr.Dino wrote: »

Can you please post scans of other card similar to pteratops lodge, if u have them? Tnx
  • edited August 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    correct me if im wrong its been awhile since ive read the book, but isnt the pteratops lodge inside the aviary? that would be worth seeing in the game and i certianly think that the river ride will be in there, the universal rides were based on it, a baryonx attack on the river ride would be an awesome scene in game, or mabey the mosasaur chases it? both of the rides listed would be cool

Yes, in the book, the Pteratops Lodge was in the aviary. The river ran through the aviary (like in JP3) and the lodge was described as being boarded up like an unfinished, abandoned project. I believe they even comment that the lodge wasn’t on the tour map.
  • edited August 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    Yes, in the book, the Pteratops Lodge was in the aviary. The river ran through the aviary (like in JP3) and the lodge was described as being boarded up like an unfinished, abandoned project. I believe they even comment that the lodge wasn’t on the tour map.

O_O not on the tour map you say? oh wow
  • edited August 2011
    That would be awesome!

Maybe they could begin with the River Ride (Baryonyx), then the river would go to a big lake with the Aquarium in it (Mosasaur), then the Boneshaker, or the other way around.
  • edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
    wasn't that image on another tread? Did I miss something?
  • edited August 2011
    mannyguy1 wrote: »
    wasn't that image on another tread? Did I miss something?

I don't believe this has been posted yet....
  • edited August 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    I don't believe this has been posted yet....

It was posted but the thread was closed almost immediately
  • edited August 2011
    It was posted but the thread was closed almost immediately

Oh.....does that mean I should delete it?
  • edited August 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    Oh.....does that mean I should delete it?

Its up to you. There were several images posted in addition to this screenshot
  • edited August 2011
    Its up to you. There were several images posted in addition to this screenshot

There are indeed. But none as good as this in my opinion.
  • edited August 2011
    remember when the team entered the visitors center in jurassic park:

HAMMOND
    (continuing)
    "- - the most advanced amusement park in the world,
    combining all the latest technologies. I'm not talking
    rides, you know. Everybody has rides. We made a living
    biological attractions so astonishing they'll capture
    the imagination of the entire planet!"

So how does the bone-shaker fit into Jurassic Park anyway?
  • edited August 2011
    Nope, He says, "I"m not just talking about rides."

Which means they have rides, but that's not all they made.
  • edited August 2011
    "None of these attractions are ready yet, of course, but the park will open with the basic tour you're about to take, and the other rides will come online six to twelve months after that. Really spectacular designs, spared no expense!"

Rides. I think Bone Shaker qualifies in this instance.
  • edited August 2011
    They've gotta put in the jungle river cruise, no question. I've also thought about a Baryonyx attack there! That would be so cool. I've always thought of the aviary as having a sort of ski lift that would carry them around the structure of the aviary.... Anyway I don't think it's that much of a stretch to have roller coasters there. They have jurassic park merchandise, tennis courts, and ice cream. Why not coasters?
  • edited August 2011
    what i don't like about the bone-shaker is the minimalistic design.
    I mean the numbers in the red circles and the font of them do not fit to the corporate identity of jurassic park.
    the letters BONE SHAKER have the same style as the letters JURASSIC PARK on the main gate which I like. but the vehicles of the bone-shaker, which use the same color scheme as the ford explorers, should have the jurassic park logo on them and the numbers should either use the jurassic park font or be related to the numbers on the tour vehicles.
    just for continuity and design.
  • edited August 2011
    I agree, it doesn't go with the JP identity at all, save the green and red stripe coloring ripped off the explorers.

I really hope that screen is a joke or for promo purposes. If there is an actual scene in the game where all the characters are together on a silly looking coaster with a dinosaur in the back, I would be disappointed. Something like that would be incredibly hard to take seriously.
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah, I think its a bit too overrated and silly, kinda doesnt feel like Jurassic Park.

Also agree with the design suggestion from tope1983
  • edited August 2011
    Iam personally very dissapointed by this whole "Bone Shaker" thing. It´s excessively eccentric and really doesn´t fit overall architectonic concept of Jurassic Park. I´d expect something more unobtrusive and decent. If speaking for myself - the "Bone Shaker" is the biggest flaw of Jurassic Park: The Game" so far... I by the way made some research and this atraction will be probably located in the NW part of Isla Nublar. Why? 1. It´s mountainous area 2. The Herrerasaurus paddock is nearby 3. It´s near visitor center. This is based on official map of Isla Nublar.
  • edited August 2011
    Hope they remove bone shaker - killing the entire magic of JP. Maybe it's from that fifth, cancelled episode ;)
  • edited August 2011
    to me the bone shaker is way to scooby doo for me. it honestly doesnt fit with the style of jp or the franchise
  • edited August 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    to me the bone shaker is way to scooby doo for me. it honestly doesnt fit with the style of jp or the franchise

truer words were never spoken, totally scooby doo.
  • edited August 2011
    Its not that bad thats its there, its possible that they build a small rollercoaster for kids in some kind of Kid-area, but only as a scenery on the side that is passed by quickly in the game. But riding on it? Dinosaurs joining the ride, not falling off, especially such big dinosaurs?
    Thats just stupid, just as the girl falling on the nose of the T-Rex I read somewhere! These thing are just plain overrated and cartoonish and kill the atmosphere. Would you see something like this in the movies? It only reminds you that its just a videogame...
  • edited August 2011
    So the T-rex flinging Malcom away on its nose was not cartoony? ;P
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah, they did that in a quick rushed way that was still somewhat terrifying. The gameplay section in the game, however, brings to mind this.
  • edited August 2011
    I kinda disagree, until I play the finished product I won't make a judgement. I try to look at everything with optimism. I think one of the best things about the game is the dinosaurs interacting with things not present in their world when they were first alive millions of years ago. Just running around in the jungle with dinos chasing you is not sufficient. I mean the raptors in the kitchen is one of the most successful scenes in the franchise, and that had the potential to go terribly wrong. I do see what people mean when they say scooby doo, but these are a couple of stills and nothing more; its too early I feel to dismiss it. And telltale has already proven they can "recapture the magic" of Jurassic park, soo we'll see how it turns!
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah, you have a point there, the kitchen scene definitely sounds dumb on paper. I'm still hoping this screen is a joke though.
  • edited August 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    Yeah, you have a point there, the kitchen scene definitely sounds dumb on paper. I'm still hoping this screen is a joke though.

the kitchen scene from the movie i thought was nice idk whats wrong with it but the bone shaker is just blah there isnt a word for it
  • edited August 2011
    It depends on what's gonna happen around it.
    I mean if you saw an image of malcom sitting on the T-rex nose without having seen the movie you would also have doubts.
  • edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
    Okay, bad example <.<
    But you know what i mean.
  • edited August 2011
    Well, after lurking around this thread, it's time I spent my two cents on this "Bone Shaker" ruining the mood of our favorite pseudo-realistic action flick.

To begin with, I can see why Anti-"Bone Shakers" are against... well, the Bone Shaker. I mean, take a look at TP3D's (unauthorized) picture (you might want to get rid of the link, it's only for VIP's.): the stotic faces and posture of Dr. Harding & Co., the lack of a feeling of motion, the whole "dinosaur attack on a rollar coaster"-thing. It is quite the silly, even childish, action scene (one of which I will admit to looking forward too).

However, If we take a second to look back at the Jurassic Park series, we can see alot of silly/childish scenes:

I present to you several examples:

Jurassic Park (1993)

(1.) Nedry's scene with Dodgson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scOPfElE61A).

(2.) Mr. DNA's scene.

(3.) Nedry's little sound effect as he slips at 0:09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d921M-ACMM4).

(4.) The bathroom perfectly (comedy wise) collapsing away (in several directions) from Gennaro as he's sitting on the toilet, despite that the T. rex crashed through the bathroom in one direction.

(5.) Gennaro being eaten by the T. rex sitting on the toilet.

(6.) "Ah-ah-ah! You didn't say the magic word!"

(7.) Dr. Grant and Tim being chased and "squashed" by the tour car.

(8.) Tim getting electrified and falling nearly twenty-four feet to the ground.

(9.) Arnold's severed arm falling onto Ellie's shoulder.

(10.) Any scene with Jeff Goldblum (http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=iBxgAmdPQWg).

Let's not also forget the plethora of silly/childish happenings in the sequels and in cut scenes (such as Lex riding a baby Triceratops or the T. rex chasing Grand & Co. through a river), but if I continue, I may be finished 0writing this post on the day the actual game is released.

Now, these sequences might not reach the level of "bleh" as this Bone Shaker sequence might, but you must admit that these scenes, intentional or otherwise, do present a silly/childish concept that can (and may) disrupt one's disired atmosphere of the movie.

But, why does this Bone Shaker seem "bleh" and these other scenes not so much? Well, I might make a guess and say that the reason is because we are basing our judgment on pictures.

Now, I am not going to join the already humongous crowd of critics that (seemingly) make it a mission to make a thousand thread's complaining about Telltale's graphics (whether they are valid or invalid in their complaining, I will not say, as I have no authority or experience in graphic design).

However, I will concede that the pictures, by themselves at least, does not aide in bringing it's intended feelings to the audience.

You don't feel the adrenaline and fear of a rollar coaster rushing into the unknow, you don't feel the immediate danger of a hungry dinosaur on the attack. You just see a dinosaur on a rollar coaster.

It I were to take a still of the T. rex watching Gennaro on the loo, you'd say (at least I would), "Why that's just stupid!" Because, in reality, it is!

But, if we include the entire sequence in the movie, which presented a feeling of danger and fear, you'd say exactly what everyone said: "OH ****!"

This might also explain the photo of Malcolm "sitting" on the T. rex's nose not being percieved as being "silly", because we've already seen the movie, and subconsciously remember those feelings of danger and fear the sequence gave us, which completely removes the "silly" out of the photo, even though, it kinda is silly (though not as silly as the aforementioned exampled)...

Hopefully, and I confidently assume, Telltale will also present an atmosphere during this sequence that will, if not completely remove, at least lessen the silliness of the whole concept.

And so, in conclusion:

Am I saying that the dinosaur-on-a-rollar-coaster concept not beign silly? No.

Am I say that you should like the sequence? No. I, for example, dislike the Lost World's sequence with the T. rex being in San Diego because I feel that it doesn't fit the "feel" of the Jurassic Park series, nor am I partial to the colorful and also illogical new look of the Raptors in JP3 for the same reasons.

So, what am I saying? That "silly" sequences are FAR from being new to Jurassic Park, and that these "silly" sequences can, done right, present a "Jurassic Park" feel to the audience.

Now, with Telltale specializing in story-telling, and bring forth the right feelings to the audience at the right time, I have no doubt that this Bone Shaker will, indeed, rattle our bones.

TL;DR: It's just a picture, wait until you've watched the rest of the sequence to see if it feels "silly".

Hope you enjoyed my ramblings.

And Telltale, if you happen by this thread, keep doing you're doing, and make the best darn Jurassic park game you can, with it's Tylosaurus and Herrerasaurs-on-rollar-coasters and color-changing Metriacanthosaurs (okay, I made that up).

With the right atmosphere, anything can "feel" like Jurassic Park.
  • edited August 2011
    http://www.nowgamer.com/siteimage/scale/800/600/289756.png After another look at this screenshot I am totally horrified. Not only that scene is comic (and totally not JP), but why, for God's sake would main characters climb into a bone shaker? To have fun? And if you look carefully only Nima is aware of the dinosaur, despite possibly very loud sounds that it would be making. Telltale, I hope that this is a joke. If not you are risking to destroy entire franchise :(
  • edited August 2011
    It's impossible to tell what the context is from a still screen shot. You just have to have faith in the story telling abilities of Telltale that the scene will make sense in context.
  • edited August 2011
    it would have to be some AMAZING context to make this okay.
  • edited August 2011
    I think they simply are cornered by dinosaurs and the only way to escape is taking the ride!

Or maybe the girl was whining and wanted to ride that rollercoaster so bad before they leave the island, and her Dad was like OK :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.