Unable to open install file

edited April 2011 in Game Support
So I just logged on and was happy to see episode 3 available, but when I downloaded the install file but says it can't install because part of the file is missing. Anyone else having this issue? I have tried to download it 3 times so far and it has happened with all 3 downloads. Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited March 2011
    This happened to me as well. I'm putting off the gym for this!
  • edited March 2011
    I'm having the same trouble downloading the game
  • edited March 2011
    I just tried a couple more times and both times the download skipped from around 34% completed to 100% as if it just didn't download the last 2/3's of the game
  • edited March 2011
    jgbrunn wrote: »
    So I just logged on and was happy to see episode 3 available, but when I downloaded the install file but says it can't install because part of the file is missing. Anyone else having this issue? I have tried to download it 3 times so far and it has happened with all 3 downloads. Any suggestions?

Does it say anything about NSIS error? Are you using a download manager?
  • edited March 2011
    Would you mind if I asked which download you're using? PC or Mac?

I downloaded the PC version and mine runs perfectly.
  • edited March 2011
    Amy I am getting an NSIS error. "Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy. More information at: http://nsis.sf.net/NIS_Error";

I have tried downloading it using both IE and Chrome. If that helps. The PC version.
  • edited March 2011
    That's the same message I get. Using the pc version.
  • edited March 2011
    Same here. Tired both chrome and IE but get about 134 mb to about 170 and then get the error.
  • edited March 2011
    Mine won't download at all. Soon as I start to download I get the message.
  • edited March 2011
    I've noticed that my download gets about 150-180 MB and then stops, and claims that the download is complete.
  • edited March 2011
    Yup same here. I've redownloaded it multiple times using both IE and Firefox. Same problem every time.
  • edited March 2011
    Sighs can't get it to download for the pc version. It says the web verification can not be validated. There's no authentication certificate for it.
  • edited March 2011
    A few things to try:

Clear your temp files (press the windows key and r) type: temp into the box and press enter. Delete everything in that file and only in that file.

Try downloading it with a different browser.

Try downloading it using a wired connection.

Restart your computer.

I know these steps sound simple but they normally fix issues like these.
  • edited March 2011
    Does anybody know if they will do anything about it. Do they even know anything about the trouble were having to download the game.
  • edited March 2011
    This is what I get:

http://i53.tinypic.com/p4si0.png
  • edited March 2011
    I am having the same problem.

"NSIS Error
    Installer Integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy.

More information at:
    http://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error";

I tried downloading a few times and it just doesn't work.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm having the exact same problem.
  • edited March 2011
    Same issue. Tried all of Amy's suggestions as well.
  • edited March 2011
    Same issue. Tried all of Amy's suggestions as well.

Yup. None of them worked for me either. One did get up to almost 200 MB though.
  • edited March 2011
    Anyone got it to work at all?
  • edited March 2011
    yep same here. Gets up to about 204 or so and shuts off
  • edited March 2011
    Another case of getting incomplete downloads here. Several attempts made, before and after all the above steps were taken, with Chrome and Firefox, and the most of the 404 MB file I've gotten is 211 MB.
  • edited March 2011
    Tried even with firefox and the download link through the email and still get this:

http://i53.tinypic.com/p4si0.png
  • edited March 2011
    Mercedez, the message you're showing isn't the problem...that's a normal message. It's the error message you get after clicking on Run.
  • edited March 2011
    Just got it to download in IE...Chrome and Firefox don't work
  • edited March 2011
    This worked for me. I am using firefox. On the download manager, let it download about 100MB, and pause the download. Wait 5 seconds or so, and resume. Stop after it downloads another 20 MB and pause, wait 5 seconds, and repeat. I did this and got the download in one try. I think the issue is some sort of timing out thing.
  • edited March 2011
    Yup that's working for me. I'm pausing it about every 40MB and it's working.

*Edit*

It worked pausing every 40MB.
  • edited March 2011
    Mercedez, the message you're showing isn't the problem...that's a normal message. It's the error message you get after clicking on Run.

This is what I get after clicking:

http://i55.tinypic.com/sb0v8i.png
  • edited March 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    A few things to try:

Clear your temp files (press the windows key and r) type: temp into the box and press enter. Delete everything in that file and only in that file.

Try downloading it with a different browser.

Try downloading it using a wired connection.

Restart your computer.

I know these steps sound simple but they normally fix issues like these.

Amy I did all 4 of these things and am still getting the same error. It seems to stop downloading between 130-180. Also seeing the invalid certificate thing.
  • edited March 2011
    Pausing the download every 50MB or so worked for me too. A good, if annoying, fix.
  • edited March 2011
    Pausing the download every 50MB or so worked for me too. A good, if annoying, fix.

Odd question: what country are those of you with this issue in?
  • edited March 2011

I am in Texas, USA. I am trying this now to see if I can get this to work. It's slow, so may be a bit before I know for sure if it does.

*The pausing it every so often.
  • edited March 2011

United States, in Oklahoma.

Edit: After trying the pausing the download every 40MB tactic, I have a successful download, and am installing.
  • edited March 2011
    When I try downloading the third installment of the game, the download stops short before it reaches the 404mb. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks
  • edited March 2011

Oklahoma, USA
  • edited March 2011
    Yes, me too
  • edited March 2011
    I did the 40 mb thing and it worked for me.
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah... I posted about it in another topic, but the download never finishes the download correctly.

This is very upsetting right now, haha.
  • edited March 2011
    I was having the same exact issue with the NSIS error. What I did to fix it was three things (I did these three things before I tried to install it again, so I'm not sure what really fixed it)
    1. Ran CCleaner and fixed registry
    2. Updated AVG
    3. Turned off Windows Firewall

Let me know if it worked, it did for me.
  • edited March 2011
    yeah was having the same problem but i used firefox and basically paused the game every 40 mb or so and it is now installing on my computer. Hope this helps :)
This discussion has been closed.