Unable to open install file

2»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Well, that seemed to work. Pause it every few minutes and then let it sort itself out and it will accept the certificate once it's loaded. I have an Acer Aspire lap top with 3gb of memory and Windows 7 if that makes any difference in trying to locate the problem for other users. And I was using hard wire for download, don't have wireless.

Edit to add, it loaded perfectly now and I am about to play the long awaited sequil.. Whoot! Thanks for releasing it tonight! =]
  • edited March 2011
    I cheated and looked up locations by username. Most of you are in the midwest and I'm going to guess you're using the same internet provider (I worked in Mid-OK for a while). It could be a caching issue with the ISP. It's really rare but it can happen. Unless we see more people with this issue we can't bug it. For now I'd try the midway pause that others have had success with.
  • edited March 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    A few things to try:

Clear your temp files (press the windows key and r) type: temp into the box and press enter. Delete everything in that file and only in that file.

Try downloading it with a different browser.

Try downloading it using a wired connection.

Restart your computer.

I know these steps sound simple but they normally fix issues like these.

It finally worked after about ten attempts at the download!!
  • edited March 2011
    I'm in Canada (Ontario) and had the same issue. I started the download a second time, and it stopped downloading at 164 MB. I paused and restarted it, and it seems to be downloading fine now, although it hasn't completed yet.
  • edited March 2011
    Anyone have a solution for the game not opening on Mac yet. Just quits unexpectantly every time I try to open it.
  • edited March 2011
    cubs9911 wrote: »
    Anyone have a solution for the game not opening on Mac yet. Just quits unexpectantly every time I try to open it.

Same here. Waiting for an answer in this thread.
  • edited March 2011
    Same here. Waiting for an answer in this thread.

If you're getting an NSIS error just download it with a different browser. IE is far more prone to NSIS errors than Chrome and Firefox but they occasionally get them too.
  • edited March 2011
    I am also a Mac user and cannot open Episode 3 after installing it. I simply get "The application BackToTheFuture103 quit unexpectedly." I have also tried every other suggestion in this forum to no avail.

I mean, I should probably be spending that energy on Midterms, but BTTF escapism is so appealing!

*UPDATE* Apparently I missed the part in the General System Requirements about needing Snow Leopard for it to run correctly. Episodes 1 & 2 worked, but 3 will not. Guess it's time for an update.
  • edited April 2011
    I've tried downloading BTTF Ep 3 three times now and get the same incomplete download error message every time. Frankly, I'm used to downloads from Telltale dying on me at first attempt, but three times (after clearing temp files, turning the computer off, etc) is rather a lot.
  • edited April 2011
    Actually, the Telltale site has been breaking down every few hours over the last few days - perhaps that's the explanation? If somebody at Telltale could given an opinion Monday, perhaps I can try again?
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Amy's note above suggests

>>midway pause that others have had success with.<<

This seems to be isolated to ISPs in some regions. Also, traffic to the Telltale servers has been particularly high beginning on Friday in connection with a new marketing program we just kicked off.

Thank you for your patience.

- Joel
  • edited April 2011
    No, I'm afraid that hasn't worked either.
This discussion has been closed.