BTTF Episode 3 for Mac Quitting!

edited March 2011 in Game Support
I click to open the program but it automatically quits! I'm on a Mac. Is anybody else having this problem??:(

Comments

• edited March 2011
    FemaleDoc wrote: »
    I click to open the program but it automatically quits! I'm on a Mac. Is anybody else having this problem??:(

I have a Mac, too. Give me a few minutes and I'll check mine out.
  • edited March 2011
    Let me know if your Macintosh is being a Macincrash!
  • edited March 2011
    Im on a PC and havign the same issue, think it might be something to do with the shitty spec of my laptop though :)
  • edited March 2011
    My laptop is a 5 year old Macbook, just tested it with no problems at all.
  • edited March 2011
    Dammit, what the hell is wrong with my compoopter??
  • edited March 2011
    I've got the same problem, it just keeps saying that the game has quit unexpectedly. I've tried re-downloading but same issue.
  • edited March 2011
    Good, so it's not just me. I assume you're on a Mac, right?
  • edited March 2011
    Well, in the meantime, Im moving this thread to the Support forum. Maybe one of the techs can help.
  • edited March 2011
    Go for it. Then let's send them to the moon for messing with us like this! ;)
  • edited March 2011
    So far I've been downloading and it quits somewhere between 100-200 MB. I was beginning to think it was my computer since I was having a similar issue before, but after doing many things to help clear up what I thought was the issue, the problem still persisted. I've been trying different browsers as well (Google Chrome, Firefox and now Safari). :/

I'm guessing this is a universal issue, but I'm on a Windows computer, unlike what looks like the majority in this thread.
  • edited March 2011
    So you're saying the majority of people in this thread have superior intelligence? ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Yep, I'm on a Mac. It seems like folks are having issues with the PC version, so I guess we'll just have to wait for TellTale to iron things out.
  • edited March 2011
    So both Mac and PC users are having a crappy time with this?
  • edited March 2011
    Yes, having trouble here on my MacBook Pro. I'm getting the "Quit Unexpectedly" error which seems to be what everyone else is having too. In the words of Angryjoe, "this game is broken!" :D

I have a lot of other stuff to do in the meantime so i'll check back to see if you guys have nutted it out, I know you will ;)
  • edited March 2011
    Yes, having trouble here on my MacBook Pro. I'm getting the "Quit Unexpectedly" error which seems to be what everyone else is having too. In the words of Angryjoe, "this game is broken!" :D

I have a lot of other stuff to do in the meantime so i'll check back to see if you guys have nutted it out, I know you will ;)

Are you running any other programs? What Mac do you have? It's not happening here so unless we get a lot more people with the same issue I doubt it's a bug.
  • edited March 2011
    It is crashing on my macbook pro too. I have no other software running and it is just giving the "quit unexpectedly" notice as soon as I open it. It's strange because 101 and 102 worked and still work perfectly.
  • edited March 2011
    I always keep Skype, Entourage, Safari, and Adium open. I never had this happen with the previous episodes with all these programs open.
  • edited March 2011
    I have the same problem. I use an iMac. It says it quits unexpectedly.
  • edited March 2011
    Me too! (unfortunately!)

I have a MacBook.
    First two episodes worked perfectly. In this case, I downloaded the DMG fine,
    but episode 3 "quits unexpectedly" each time I try to run it!

Hope we get a fix ASAP

Cheers!
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah, mine is also an iMac.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm having the same issue. The launcher doesn't even load, it just auto-quits the moment I double click on Episode 3.

I have an older macbook with integrated graphics, so I assumed Episode 3 just wasn't going to work, but it seems other people with better Macs are having the same issue as me.
  • edited March 2011
    Same problem here, every other episode of BTTF, and ALL of Sam and Max ran just fine. The second I open it, it tells me that it quit unexpectedly.

I am running OS X 10.5.8 on a Mac Pro intel with an ATI Radeon HD 4870

rash report:

Process: Mac_Game [1808]
    Path: /Applications/BackToTheFuture103.app/Contents/MacOS/Mac_Game
    Identifier: com.telltalegames.Mac_Game
    Version: ??? (???)
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [74]

Interval Since Last Report: 3338 sec
    Crashes Since Last Report: 8
    Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
    Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 8

Date/Time: 2011-03-28 21:28:00.511 -0700
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
    Report Version: 6
    Anonymous UUID: 50EA3A3F-B917-4723-B34F-5A007D46953B

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
    Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
    unknown required load command 0x80000022
  • edited March 2011
    Yup, I'm on an imac, and I've got the same problem.

I tried deleting the files from 101 and 102 to see if that would do anything, but it didn't. So then I re-downloaded 101, and I'm able to open the launcher, but no matter how many times I download 103, the 101 launcher still stays "Now Available!" next to episode 3...

Episode 2 is there, but no 3 :(
  • edited March 2011
    Same here. Here's the error report, guess there's a SIGTRAP in there somewhere.

Process: Mac_Game [54117]
    Path: /Applications/BackToTheFuture103.app/Contents/MacOS/Mac_Game
    Identifier: com.telltalegames.Mac_Game
    Version: ??? (???)
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [100]

Interval Since Last Report: 181 sec
    Crashes Since Last Report: 1
    Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 0 sec
    Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 1

Date/Time: 2011-03-29 05:18:52.362 +0100
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
    Report Version: 6
    Anonymous UUID: 91665DFF-0F5E-478C-9218-3B00AAB3C5BD

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
    Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
    unknown required load command 0x80000022
  • edited March 2011
    cant get it to work either im on pc windows 7 part 1 and 2 runs fine as soon as I get to the start menu part 3 it crashes on me.
  • edited March 2011
    I'm on a macbook pro and it's doing the same thing for me quitting everytime I try to open it.
  • edited March 2011
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    cant get it to work either im on pc windows 7 part 1 and 2 runs fine as soon as I get to the start menu part 3 it crashes on me.

I'm running Windows XP and both episodes 1 and 2 run fine, but as soon as I click Play for episode 3, I get that loading screen with the flux capacitor in the corner... then the game unexpectedly shuts down!

I've installed it 3 times and it's KILLING me. I waited so long for this episode and now I can't even play it. :(
  • edited March 2011
    First, make sure that all other programs are closed. There are a few very popular programs that cause this error when running in the background. And make sure they are fully close by right clicking on the dock/tray icons and pressing quit. I know I sound like a broken record but 90% of the time when I get full crash reports there are several other programs open.

Next, make sure your mac is fully up to date.

If your still having issues I need to know exactly what type of mac you have. Press the apple icon and select about this mac>more info and then copy paste the hardware overview for me. You can also PM it to me if you don't want to publicly paste it.
  • edited March 2011
    Amy,

Thanks for the advice...but in my case, episodes 1 and 2 worked fine and still
    work fine on my Mac as it is. Given that episode 3 is the first one that *doesn`t* work
    at all, wouldn`t that point to a problem with the game and not my system?

(btw I tried it again after closing all other programs as you suggested - same result!)

And there don`t seem to be any relevant updates to OSX that would help,

Maybe I`ll send you my hardware overview as you suggest...

Thanks

MiKE42
  • edited March 2011
    MiKE42 wrote: »
    Amy,

Thanks for the advice...but in my case, episodes 1 and 2 worked fine and still
    work fine on my Mac as it is. Given that episode 3 is the first one that *doesn`t* work
    at all, wouldn`t that point to a problem with the game and not my system?

(btw I tried it again after closing all other programs as you suggested - same result!)

And there don`t seem to be any relevant updates to OSX that would help,

Maybe I`ll send you my hardware overview as you suggest...

Thanks

MiKE42

I don't have a mac, as I said above, but it seems fishy that I'm having the same problem as mac users. Episodes 1 and 2 working, but 3 crashing... Could there be some glitch in the game that's affecting both versions, or is it just a strange coincidence?
  • edited March 2011
    turtlebot wrote: »
    I don't have a mac, as I said above, but it seems fishy that I'm having the same problem as mac users. Episodes 1 and 2 working, but 3 crashing... Could there be some glitch in the game that's affecting both versions, or is it just a strange coincidence?

If it was an issue with the game as a whole everyone would have this issue including those of us who work here and test it on our work, personal and friends computers. Plus the Mac and Windows files are completely different.
    Considering the amount of people who have already played through the game we know it's not a bug.

I want to figure out why even a small percentage of people can't play it. So please post your specs in the appropriate forum so I can get it fixed for you.

That said, this error just happened on my home mac as well.

So I'm going to post my specs as well and stay up all night trying to figure this out. :)

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03
    SMC Version (system): 1.48f2
    Serial Number (system): W89345HH642
    Hardware UUID: D0BA90AD-15A3-5AAF-8640-3E01657ED3F7
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks Amy! :)

Here are my Windows specs - probably not the same issue as the Mac, if it's not a bug, but maybe this will help in some way?

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600), Service Pack 3
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Vostro 1500
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5470 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 2038MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display:

Device Name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip Type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    DAC Type: Internal
    Approx. Total Memory: 384.0 MB
    Current Display Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks Amy! :)

Here are my Windows specs - probably not the same issue as the Mac, if it's not a bug, but maybe this will help in some way?

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600), Service Pack 3
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Vostro 1500
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5470 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 2038MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display:

Device Name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip Type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    DAC Type: Internal
    Approx. Total Memory: 384.0 MB
    Current Display Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I think I know exactly what your issue is. Technically Intel Express card aren't suppose to work with our games. But there was a recent update that corrected this to an extend. Go here: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/?iid=dc_iduu

Click on Check your system for the latest updates. After that you may need to update direct x again. If this doesn't fix it let me know, but this has worked for everyone else.
  • edited March 2011
    Here is my iMac

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac9,1
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Boot ROM Version: IM91.008D.B08
    SMC Version (system): 1.44f0
    Serial Number (system): W89159S00TF
    Hardware UUID: ACA18F5F-8F26-5F32-9A00-E4D0F9D48B32
  • R86R86
    edited March 2011
    Same issue here as well. Episode 3 "quit unexpectedly." Also, if I now try to open the first two episodes, the launcher pops up with nothing in it. Here's my info:

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,4
    Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03
    SMC Version (system): 1.49f2
    Serial Number (system): W8934PYL7XJ
    Hardware UUID: 8D052C34-3198-50B1-B3B9-1D365AEDFBF1
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

Thanks for the help!
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks so much for the suggestion, trying it now. I had no idea. :/

Edit: Well it says the version of the software I have now is the most recent (8.2.0), so it's not giving me an option to update it.

Edit 2: Ahh, they don't give you the option to update if your version is allegedly "valid" but I found a way to update to version 8.3.something and so I'm going to try episode 3 again now.
  • edited March 2011
    Here is my iMac

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac9,1
    L2 Cache: 6 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Boot ROM Version: IM91.008D.B08
    SMC Version (system): 1.44f0
    Serial Number (system): W89159S00TF
    Hardware UUID: ACA18F5F-8F26-5F32-9A00-E4D0F9D48B32
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks so much for the suggestion, trying it now. I had no idea. :/

Edit: Well it says the version of the software I have now is the most recent (8.2.0), so it's not giving me an option to update it.

Edit 2: Ahh, they don't give you the option to update if your version is allegedly "valid" but I found a way to update to version 8.3.something and so I'm going to try episode 3 again now.

Please let me now how it goes. There's one more thing we can try if that doesn't work.
  • edited March 2011
    Bad news! It didn't work. Same problem as before. :(

What else have you got?
  • edited March 2011
    Same mac problem here.

Specs:

Hardware Overview:

Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz