Gamepads

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
I've already posted on other threads this but I can't seem to get an answer so I'll make a thread of my own to ask if a Logitech F310 will be supported for JP

Comments

• edited April 2011
    anyone?
  • edited April 2011
    It more than likely will be.
  • edited April 2011
    thank you for answering ^^
  • edited April 2011
    If it works with previous ttg games its probably safe to say that it will work...
  • edited April 2011
    Anybody here who played a TTG game with a gamepad on a mac?
  • edited April 2011
    I tried with my xbox360 pad for windows on my mac but there's nothing in game for configure the buttons... (in BTTF game)
    With this!
  • edited April 2011
    Greg. wrote: »
    I tried with my xbox360 pad for windows on my mac but there's nothing in game for configure the buttons... (in BTTF game)
    With this!

is there something similar so that I can play Jurassic Park with my PS3 controller?
  • edited April 2011
    Songono wrote: »
    is there something similar so that I can play Jurassic Park with my PS3 controller?

Yeah, its called motionjoy.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

Allows bluetooth too if you have a compatible model.
  • edited April 2011
    Only for Windows right ?
  • edited April 2011
    Greg. wrote: »
    Only for Windows right ?

You want to use it on a Mac?
    I didn't test it myself, but with http://www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/ it should be possible to use a PS3 controller on a Mac. Snow Leopard is able to connect to a PS3 gamepad. You have to try it until it works (maybe it will not work the first time you try).

Tell me if it works (PM?). I will try by myself, but don't know when...
  • edited April 2011
    I think this will help you :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KggbpRRjlc&feature=related

(there's a lot more others videos on youtube)
  • edited November 2011
    I have an F310 controller and I'm trying to get it to work on this game, but I'm not having luck.
  • edited November 2011
    Even if it works with gamepads other than the 360 controller, it'll probably be really frustrating. This game so far, is all about quick time events and button prompts, and the gamepad buttons are all mapped with icons for the 360 controller. Even with the 360 controller I missed a few of the quick time presses several times, so seeing the 360 icons on screen and trying to figure out which is what on your own ps3 or logitech controller would be frustrating I imagine.
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah, that's what I figured. No matter!

Edit: Never mind! I actually got it to work. All the same, thanks for the comment, akuchan.
  • edited November 2011
    When are we getting gamepad support for Mac?
  • edited November 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    When are we getting gamepad support for Mac?

No Mac-Gamepad support? Aw, maaan!
  • edited November 2011
    Hi, I've got motioninjoy in joy running (successfully I think) under control panel my ps3 control moves all the sliders and buttons happily. I load JP (i'm at the dock) and nothing I do on my controller does anything. is this a result of switching control from mouse to gamepad? or have I installed wrong?

any help appreciated.

[edit]

huh... can get it to work if I claim its an Xbox controller.... time to repaint buttons I guess
  • edited November 2011
    Why the hell didn't they just add simple button mapping into the options so anyone could use any gamepad. All turning into M$'s bitches these days...

Another option could have been to make the KB style of play possible for a human so this gamepad issue wouldn't even exist. There's no fun in spamming WASD keys when you get a 3 button combo with no time to react. You get to see a flash of the first key and might even have time to make it but then it's too late to even guess the second and third or just hit every key.
  • edited November 2011
    PainDealer wrote: »
    Another option could have been to make the KB style of play possible for a human so this gamepad issue wouldn't even exist. There's no fun in spamming WASD keys when you get a 3 button combo with no time to react. You get to see a flash of the first key and might even have time to make it but then it's too late to even guess the second and third or just hit every key.

I for one had no problems what so ever with the keyboard & mouse combo, played all the way through without complaint. Gonna do a play through with my 360 pad to see how different it feels but I think Telltale did a good job with the keyboard/mouse controls.
  • edited November 2011
    I for one had no problems what so ever with the keyboard & mouse combo, played all the way through without complaint. Gonna do a play through with my 360 pad to see how different it feels but I think Telltale did a good job with the keyboard/mouse controls.

Well it's all good in general, having no trouble at advancing in the game but some parts are just beyond human ability to get through with style.
  • edited November 2011
    yeah i second that about the controls, i made another thread stating my opinion about that but thats a different story.

After reading great reviews about the Final Fantasy game controller by snakebyte (they said it works on all games not just FF), i figured i would give it a shot for JP. Got it today, just installed the driver and nothing is working. the option for gamepad appeared once it was installed, but no buttons do anything. i have checked control panel and the buttons react perfectly, and have tested on Nestopia, Snesx9w, SegaClassics, and MAME and it works fine after button mapping. Only fails to work on JP.

So between the wireless keyboard I smashed to hell, the mouse thats in pieces in the trash, this gamepad, and the actual game, Jurassic Park has run me over $150... I'm so angry at this that I'm sure this gamepad will suffer a violent death as well...

I REALLY think its time for TT to save some face and get to work fixing these problems and putting out some type of fix. I'll tell you right now, I'll be holding off on buying Walking Dead and any other future games until i'm 100% sure these problems are resolved.

No button mapping? kinda ridiculous but ohhhh well.... after waiting this long for the game, I expected something a bit well put together...
  • edited November 2011
    concept = great
    execution = failure
Sign in to comment in this discussion.