Favorite Jurassic park Dinosaur

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Just because Crichton and the movies themselves put an emphasis on them...

Velociraptors.
  • edited April 2011
    well it looks like rex is still in the lead and btw

the name of a "compy" is compsognathis, compy is a nick name
    actually it's spelled compsognathus not compsognathis....but keeping in mind that U is near I on the keyboard....
  • edited April 2011
    TorQue wrote: »
    actually it's spelled compsognathus not compsognathis....but keeping in mind that U is near I on the keyboard....

Yeah typo lol but I get a lot of dinosaurs names mixed up like I put stegosaurus as stegasaurus and I did it twice lol
  • edited April 2011
    I put stegosaurus as stegasaurus and I did it twice lol

You're keeping canon to the first film by doing that though. It's one of the errors.
  • edited April 2011
    Stegosaurus all the way, I like how in the novel Crichton describes it as something that looks similar to my cat.
  • edited April 2011
    WhileRex has always been my favorite. EVERY dinosaur is amazing.Not just the movie ones but no two dinosaurs are the same really. Each speciesis unique and dinosaurs as a whole are so diverse.
  • edited April 2011
    technically shouldn't the raptor be a Utah Raptor due to its size...velociraptor being actually smaller then depicted... heck the utah raptor was almost called Spielberg raptor,.
  • edited April 2011
    Lexxbomb wrote: »
    technically shouldn't the raptor be a Utah Raptor due to its size...velociraptor being actually smaller then depicted... heck the utah raptor was almost called Spielberg raptor,.

yeah but their bodies were too big they were 6 feet tall but 15 feet long waaaay bigger than spielbergs raptor

anyway looks like someone likes the spino after all im glad its just one, stupid spinos i wish there was a scene at the end jp3 where the pack of velociraptors gang up on him and dilos come out of the forest and spit in his eyes and the dad of the baby rex they put up against the spino comes out and kicks butt and takes names
  • edited April 2011
    Utahraptors were a lot bigger than the JP-Velociraptors. They are more like Deinonychus, but that name's not catchy at all.
  • edited April 2011
    wow well so far t-rex is totally dominating the battle field man that's crazy where is all my raptor love at??????
  • edited April 2011
    wow well so far t-rex is totally dominating the battle field man that's crazy where is all my raptor the Dilophosaurus love at??????

Fixed.
  • edited April 2011
    Fixed.

Touche lol
  • edited April 2011

I remember it was a very big deal when they discovered the Utahraptor while Jurassic Park was so popular. I remember going to a zoo that had animitronic dinosaurs in 1995 (I think) and there was a Utahraptor. It was simply huge, at least to a 12 year-old.
  • edited April 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    Utahraptors were a lot bigger than the JP-Velociraptors. They are more like Deinonychus, but that name's not catchy at all.
    Correct. They even cop to it if you watch the behind the scenes stuff.

And sorry, but I had to vote Rex. Saw the movie in theatres when I was 9 and blew me away.
  • edited April 2011
    You forgot Menemmchiosaurus, it was only showed in The Lost World for 10 seconds. Oh and Ceratosaurus
  • edited April 2011
    You forgot Menemmchiosaurus, it was only showed in The Lost World for 10 seconds. Oh and Ceratosaurus

What scene was the menememm whatever dinosaur in lol

And I realized that a while back but I can't edit it but it ok more votes for raptor :-)
  • edited April 2011
    The one where the Hunters are capturing the dinosaurs, two of the Mench-whatevers are in the stampede. But if it was up there then I would vote for it because of its name, Memcheemosaurus, Mecennhosaurus,Mechosaurus or whatever it is.
  • edited April 2011
    The one where the Hunters are capturing the dinosaurs, two of the Mench-whatevers are in the stampede. But if it was up there then I would vote for it because of its name, Memcheemosaurus, Mecennhosaurus,Mechosaurus or whatever it is.

Im notfamiliar with that one,whats it looklike?
  • edited April 2011
    Just imagine a Brachiosaurus, only smaller but longer with a whiplike tail like Apatosaurus to defend itself.
  • edited April 2011
    Dilophosaurus For teh win :3
  • edited April 2011
    A pack of Velociraptors should kill the T-Rex...he's winning a lot of ground:mad:
  • edited April 2011
    Dis one's da best:

RAPTOR_ALPHAchaostheory.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.