"coming out April 2011 on Steam"???

edited April 2011 in Jurassic Park
So wait, within the next 10 days this game will be released on Steam? Or is the date wrong? Also, with the game being on Steam and all, why can't we pre-order it and get a pre-order bonus?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/94540/

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I don't think EVERY game has to offer a pre-order bonus.
  • edited April 2011
    I believe the pre-order bonus is only if you order through Telltale.
  • edited April 2011
    Will we get a cd-key to apply to Steam, when we preorder from Telltale? To have Jurassic Park along with other games in Steam client? :p
  • edited April 2011
    You do get a pre-order bonus! Access into the insider forum!
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Deviltry11 wrote: »
    Will we get a cd-key to apply to Steam, when we preorder from Telltale? To have Jurassic Park along with other games in Steam client? :p
    Based on previous Telltale releases, you should not.
  • edited April 2011

I can tell you from experience, you get a activation key for the game series, but it's not for steam.
  • edited April 2011

The only time telltalle has EVER given a key to steam for people who purchased via telltale was for Sam & Max season 3; and that was only because mid-way through the season Team Fortress 2 launched some tie-in bonus items for Sam & Max 3 owners. As such many telltale purchasers who also use steam wanted the items and telltalle sorted it out with a code.

But this has not happened on any other game as there is no reason for it too.
    You buy the game on 1 platform, you keep it on that platform.

I mean when you buy say GTA 4 for xbox 360 you don't get a disc/code to also download it for PS3 and pc
  • edited April 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    The only time telltalle has EVER given a key to steam for people who purchased via telltale was for Sam & Max season 3; and that was only because mid-way through the season Team Fortress 2 launched some tie-in bonus items for Sam & Max 3 owners. As such many telltale purchasers who also use steam wanted the items and telltalle sorted it out with a code.

But this has not happened on any other game as there is no reason for it too.
    You buy the game on 1 platform, you keep it on that platform.

I mean when you buy say GTA 4 for xbox 360 you don't get a disc/code to also download it for PS3 and pc

Although if you buy Portal 2 on PS3 through Steam you can also download it on PC/Mac. I hope we see more of this thing in the future...
  • edited April 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    The only time telltalle has EVER given a key to steam for people who purchased via telltale was for Sam & Max season 3.

Telltale also gave a Steam key to people who bought Poker Night at the Inventory from them.
  • edited April 2011
    Although if you buy Portal 2 on PS3 through Steam you can also download it on PC/Mac. I hope we see more of this thing in the future...

Hardly shocking since Steam is owned by Valve.
    Valve make Portal.
  • edited April 2011
    It now just says "Available: 2011"
  • edited April 2011
    that's a good sign
  • edited April 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    that's a good sign

Not sure about that....
  • edited April 2011
    /sarcasm ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.