What will you use the voucher for?

edited April 2011 in Jurassic Park
Will you use it for BTTF? Or for buying again JP? Or will you make a gift?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I'm kinda locked into Hector because that's the only thing I don't have.
  • edited April 2011
    I have Everything Except JP, So JP :P
  • edited April 2011
    Probably Walking Dead since I'm getting JP for PlayStation 3.
  • edited April 2011
    TT was so kind and unique to refund and gift me an entire series that I would feel guilty to get JP for free... I think I'll use my voucher to make a gift to a friend, and then buy again JP.
  • edited April 2011
    I'll wait a few years till TTG are mankinds leading game developers (whaaat? they aren't?) and turned the earth into a big massive multiplayer adventure.

Will then spent it on some world domination most likely!!!!1

still rooting for JP
  • edited April 2011
    I'm not sure the voucher will be able to be used for as-yet-unreleased games, with the exception of JP. Until we actually receive them, we can only speculate.
  • edited April 2011
    I'll use the coupon for Jurassic Park or The Walking Dead, whichever is available first.
  • edited April 2011
    Molokov wrote: »
    I'm not sure the voucher will be able to be used for as-yet-unreleased games, with the exception of JP. Until we actually receive them, we can only speculate.

Any game. No experation date. So, voucher's good on anything from Sam and Max to King's Quest!
  • edited April 2011
    This voucher can be used for get all "Hector: Badge of Carnage!" episodes? Or only the first episode?
  • edited April 2011
    This voucher can be used for get all "Hector: Badge of Carnage!" episodes? Or only the first episode?

Only for the first... for now. When all 3 are available there will be a "buy full season"-deal and then you will have all 3 for that code. You need to wait till Fall though.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011

Via Alan:
    If you REALLY want Hector, you can use your voucher on the first episode and we'll add the other two episodes as they become available (contact support@telltalegames.com for that) or you can wait until the Hector bundle launches and just get all three then. The choice is yours.
  • edited April 2011
    Great! Thanks so much!!
  • edited April 2011
    I will use mine for either Fable or King's Quest, most definitely.
  • edited April 2011
    As the voucher doesn't expire I probably will use it for JP again.
    To be honest my fully boozed up, half rotten corpse of business sense is totally overwhelmed
    by TTG's compensation for the JP delay....
    Then again, I'd say a half a year (or maybe even more) delay was something
    that was never, ever on the table at TTG before.
    With that, TTG is probably as confuzzled as I am at the moment. :)

Anyways, for continuity's sake I will use the voucher on JP:TG.
    Just because I always *really* enjoy throwing my cash at TTG when they release a new game. :D
  • edited April 2011
    Well I don't have Monkey Island or Strong Bad (or bone or the original TT Texas Holdem), but Alan said we could grab all three episodes of Hector with it, that, and I would feel terrible not re-buying Jurassic Park, considering all the nice things TTG does for us!
  • edited April 2011
    Torn between waiting for JP or going for Hector (or even waiting until the 3 episode bundle of Hector is available). At the moment, I'm leaning towards JP and using the refund to get Hector.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm going to decide between Jurassic Park, Walking Dead, Fables or Kings Quest. Now i just need to wait until we see some gameplay of those last three games (or the redone JP then) and decide when its fall.
  • edited April 2011
    Well, I already sent them an email asking if I could get a refund on BTTF and let that be my free game, but that was also before I found out they never expired. I hadnt heard from Telltale yet so if they give me BTTF free then that will be my free game, if not, I will save it for Jurassic Park....or maybe The Walking Dead. Havent really decided which one. None of the other current ones interest me to be honest.
  • edited April 2011
    Can anyone help me decide? I haven't played Monkey Island or Strong Bad yet, but I think I really want Hector, is it a month by month release? Or, should I rebuy the devil's playhouse for the dvd (bought it on steam).
  • edited April 2011
    Can anyone help me decide? I haven't played Monkey Island or Strong Bad yet, but I think I really want Hector, is it a month by month release? Or, should I rebuy the devil's playhouse for the dvd (bought it on steam).

You should get Monkey Island in my opinion, it's the best game TTG has released by a long shot. Strong Bad is ok if you like the humour, personally I was never a big fan.
    And I don't see the point spending money on Devil's Playhouse when you already have the game. What use is physical storage units which will just lie on a shelf gathering dust anyway?

Hector will have its first episode released now, and episodes 2 and 3 will be out in about 6 months. The voucher will apply to all the Hector episodes though.
  • edited April 2011
    heres my views on this matter....

Personally i think that Telltale deserve our money for Jurassic Park, clearly they care about their fans and customers alike and that really does show with what they have offered us, not many company's would step up and offer things like that for a delay, so they have my full respect for that, so i'm going to get Hector and give them my money once Jurassic Park is available for preorder once again, we love you Telltale
  • edited April 2011
    nblackburn wrote: »
    heres my views on this matter....

Personally i think that Telltale deserve our money for Jurassic Park, clearly they care about their fans and customers alike and that really does show with what they have offered us, not many company's would step up and offer things like that for a delay, so they have my full respect for that, so i'm going to get Hector and give them my money once Jurassic Park is available for preorder once again, we love you Telltale

I agree wholeheartedly!
  • edited April 2011
    I was going to use the refund on the PSN version of Jurassic Park and the voucher for a diffrent TellTale game but with whats going on with the PSN now I'm not sure if I want to deal with Sony anymore.
  • edited April 2011
    I have all Telltale's games so far.
    I'm not really interested on The Walking Dead, Fables, King's Quest or Law & Order.
    I voted the first option (get JP when available), but maybe I'll take the Hector three-episode bundle instead, depending on which one is available first.
    I could use the voucher with Puzzle Agent 2... but I would be saving much less that way. Sorry, Telltale, but I have to take a little care of my wallet...
  • edited April 2011
    Hm, im probably going to use the voucher on either sam & max, or tales of monkey island depending on if i can use the voucher for the sam & max 3 games one price deal they have going on now. Then preorder/buy jurassic park again when its out.

At first i thought id use it on jurassic park when it becomes available again, but then i remembered how hard its been waiting for jurassic park this month alone Dx so i figure hey, i was gonna buy jurassic park anyway, so may as well just buy it again and get a free game to help tie me over :D
  • edited April 2011
    Jurassic Park of course! I'll fullheartedly purchase a potential Season 2 if this game does well, but who could turn down a free copy!?
  • edited April 2011
    Jurassic Park of course! I'll fullheartedly purchase a potential Season 2 if this game does well, but who could turn down a free copy!?

How can it do well if everyone is gettin it for free?
    Everyone is entitled to their attitude, BTW, so no problem.
  • edited April 2011
    How can it do well if everyone is gettin it for free?
    Everyone is entitled to their attitude, BTW, so no problem.

Not everyone is getting it free...Only those who pre-ordered (this time).

Don't forget those who would have bought the game once it was out and afterwards, not to mention those who were considering a pre-order as well as the potential customers on the other platforms (IE:Consoles). Telltale isn't losing as much money as you thought...and in the end it's paid off if it's a good quality game (Which brings it back to the logical reason of delaying).

Not to mention the other money they are receiving from other games being worked on such as Hector and BTTF as well as some sort of payment from the licensing deals they've been making.

In addition, ensuring a free copy of Telltale's games (or JP if it's your choice) is ensuring word of mouth promotion and basic free marketing to help the game and TT games in general sell more.
  • edited April 2011
    im using it on JP since i havent played any TT game b4 so i dont know what to expect, (i lean towards capcom video game company more)
  • edited April 2011
    I'm tempted to get BttF, but I think I will wait on use it on JP, maybe the Xbox version.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm tempted to get BttF, but I think I will wait on use it on JP, maybe the Xbox version.

Only applies to any game (Current or Future) in the Telltale Store, so no console versions only PC/Mac.
  • edited April 2011
    im going to use my refunded monies on monkey island an the voucher on jp ::D
  • DXPDXP
    edited April 2011
    Its gotta be JP pretty much have all of TT's games already.
  • edited April 2011
    I've been tossing up whether or not to pick up Strong Bad for a while, this situation pretty much settles it. I'll use the voucher on Strong Bad and I'll pre-order Jurassic Park again when they make it available.
  • edited April 2011
    if i can use the voucher for the sam & max 3 games one price deal they have going on now

It would be very very great, maybe too great eheheh i missed Sam & Max seasons, and this could be a strong reason to get them, but i think that's excessive to get 3 great seasons for free! Unfortunately eheehh!

So i think that i will use the offer for get a future game (like Fables) and re-buy JP when it comes out.. I've already bought it one time, is correct for me to buy it again...
  • edited April 2011
    Has anyone received their voucher yet? If they are going through alphabetically, with a last name of Woods I'm probably going to be waiting a while.
  • edited April 2011
    Has anyone received their voucher yet? If they are going through alphabetically, with a last name of Woods I'm probably going to be waiting a while.

Currently no refund and no voucher for me :-D
  • edited April 2011
    This was an easy decision for me. Since pre-ordering JP on the PC was an impulse decision for me and I was mainly waiting for console(better graphics than my poor laptop), I'll get the PC version free and buy the console version when it's released. Win-freakin-win baby!
  • edited April 2011
    Does the code actually work on entire seasons? That seems overly generous. I assumed it was a single game or episode.

Since I already own nearly everything they have, with a few that I simply dont want, I opted for Hector. Had been considering getting that anyway.
  • edited April 2011
    Does the code actually work on entire seasons? That seems overly generous. I assumed it was a single game or episode.

Since I already own nearly everything they have, with a few that I simply dont want, I opted for Hector. Had been considering getting that anyway.

The Seasonal format of episodic games are basically one big game split up into different months. Imagine a typical retail game in your store and imagine you getting 3 Campaign missions a month (out of 12 or so). 5 Episodes = 1 Retail Game.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.