PS3 & Xbox 360 releases

2»

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I hope the forum isn't littered with spoilers from people forgetting that other formats don't have the entire season from the start.
    I'm sure mods will be enforcing Spoiler tags!
  • edited May 2011
    wait what?? so if 360 gets the retail Ep 1-5 while PS3/PC users gonna have to wait for the episodes to come out... to me its unfair and plus the 360 people gonna SPOIL the whole entire thing !!!! (this is why i dont like 360) (not trying to be a fanboy here just its not fair for everyone to wait while 360 gets all 5 episodes straight away.. thats all)
  • edited May 2011
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    wait what?? so if 360 gets the retail Ep 1-5 while PS3/PC users gonna have to wait for the episodes to come out... to me its unfair and plus the 360 people gonna SPOIL the whole entire thing !!!! (this is why i dont like 360) (not trying to be a fanboy here just its not fair for everyone to wait while 360 gets all 5 episodes straight away.. thats all)
    Well since Thom thinks I'm jumping the gun here, I'll reflect his view here instead by saying that it's not completely known if the 360 will get it first. Just that the 360 will receive a retail disc with all 5 episodes when the game ships simultaneously on all platforms this Fall.

Happy Thom!?
  • edited May 2011
    Well since Thom thinks I'm jumping the gun here, I'll reflect his view here instead by saying that it's not completely known if the 360 will get it first. Just that the 360 will receive a retail disc with all 5 episodes when the game ships simultaneously on all platforms this Fall.

Happy Thom!?

so nobody knows if 360 gonna get it first or not??
    ok ty loool Thom XD
  • edited May 2011
    Happy Thom!?
    Sure! :)
    Gogeta504 wrote: »

Everything's always "unfair" to someone. What do you think is going on right now in the BTTF forums? PC/Mac users are talking about Episodes 3 & 4, but the PS3 users don't have them yet (and XBox users don't have any episodes). Why is it okay for them, but "unfair" if it's the other way around? Should they have held the PC/Mac releases for PSN to catch up? (Actually, I think Telltale tried holding PC releases until console version was ready, I forget which game, and it didn't work out very well.)

Just because past titles have always favored computer releases doesn't mean it's unfair if it happens the other way around, whether it's JP or some other future game. It might suck, but that's just the way it goes.
  • edited May 2011
    Ill be honest and say Ill be shocked if this game never gets onto the Playstation 3 one way or another.
    It does sound more likely it would be a PSN title though.
    And as for the episodes being on 360 on disc before we get episdoe 2, Ill just say is stupid.
    I get telltale needs to change their control scheme up a bit for each release, but us having to wait for nothing while 360 users get it is just stupid. I mean with BTTF, its because of sonys aproval process. Like this on the other hand, we are waiting for nothing.
  • edited May 2011
    Well, Sony's approval process and now the PSN being screwed.

As for JP, has there been confirmation that it's going to be a normal episodic release on PC/Mac?
  • edited May 2011
    Nope, they haven't said one way or another...not officially anyways.
  • OMAOMA
    edited May 2011
    I'd suggest they maybe aren't releasing this game episodically at all in any platform.

It seems clear the delay was motivated by the deal with Microsoft, more than just "polishing the game". Since Microsoft probably doesn't want any version to be released before the 360 one (because it would lower sales for the 360 version), TTG is going to release all episodes at once by fall, so they need the extra time to actually finish all the episodes of the game, though I hope they still make the most of the extra time they have so they not only finish the game, but also polish the graphics and gameplay of the existing episodes (Episodes 1 and 2 are probably almost done by now).

Since now the 360 version is going to be a full season published in retail disc form, I'm guessing the other platforms will also get a full non-episodic release, but in download-only form. That will be a big download (several GB), but nowadays it's not that uncommon to download that amount of data when buying a game on a digital download service.
  • edited May 2011
    OMA wrote: »
    I'd suggest they maybe aren't releasing this game episodically at all in any platform.

It seems clear the delay was motivated by the deal with Microsoft, more than just "polishing the game". Since Microsoft probably doesn't want any version to be released before the 360 one (because it would lower sales for the 360 version), TTG is going to release all episodes at once by fall, so they need the extra time to actually finish all the episodes of the game, though I hope they still make the most of the extra time they have so they not only finish the game, but also polish the graphics and gameplay of the existing episodes (Episodes 1 and 2 are probably almost done by now).

Since now the 360 version is going to be a full season published in retail disc form, I'm guessing the other platforms will also get a full non-episodic release, but in download-only form. That will be a big download (several GB), but nowadays it's not that uncommon to download that amount of data when buying a game on a digital download service.

Yes, but it would cut out a population of gamers who still run on slower connections such as DSL (IE: Myself) in downloading the game, resorting to leaving the computer on for 10+ hours...which is ridiculous! I think Telltale will take that too mind, and the model they've been using for the longest time has been the episodic format. The 360 disc seems to be one of the exceptions.
  • edited May 2011
    Yes, but it would cut out a population of gamers who still run on slower connections such as DSL (IE: Myself) in downloading the game, resorting to leaving the computer on for 10+ hours...which is ridiculous!

Ridiculous? How many thousands of people downloaded 11 gigs of Portal 2 a few weeks ago? People routinely download games the size of a Telltale series. Besides, the game could still be offered as separate episodes, allowing people to download them one at a time as needed. Or the PC/Mac disc release, which was always part of the plan, could be moved up as well. This is your weakest argument yet, Asian Inferno. ;)
    I think Telltale will take that too mind, and the model they've been using for the longest time has been the episodic format. The 360 disc seems to be one of the exceptions.

As you've noted, "the model they've been using for the longest time" is already out the window, done, dead and buried for this series. There's no basis for assuming the XBox 360 release will be the only exception. As they've already broken their pattern here, we have nothing to go on in making predictions. This could easily go either way.
  • edited May 2011
    If it's fine to download 5 episodes separately for 10 hours total, then why can't you just use a download manager to do the same for one big file?
  • edited May 2011
    I guess that's how they're dealing with the problems they had re: Xbox Live before.
  • edited May 2011
    If it's fine to download 5 episodes separately for 10 hours total, then why can't you just use a download manager to do the same for one big file?
    Because there's a difference between using up energy for a 1 or 2 hour episode download time vs one straight 10 hour full game download, even if you manage to sleep through it, you'll still be wasting energy between the time it finishes and when you wake up.
  • edited May 2011
    Because there's a difference between using up energy for a 1 or 2 hour episode download time vs one straight 10 hour full game download, even if you manage to sleep through it, you'll still be wasting energy between the time it finishes and when you wake up.

You misread my post. You can use a download manager and download for two hours, pause the download, shut down your PC, and resume the next day.
  • edited May 2011
    You misread my post. You can use a download manager and download for two hours, pause the download, shut down your PC, and resume the next day.

Ahh...I always seem to have trouble with those. But if it works like it's supposed to, then by all means feel free to release it as one package. I'd just like to play while waiting you know...
  • edited May 2011
    What about Wii release?
  • edited May 2011
    Ahh...I always seem to have trouble with those. But if it works like it's supposed to, then by all means feel free to release it as one package. I'd just like to play while waiting you know...

Many MMOs use a sort of streaming download technology, where it will download the beginning of the game first and download the rest as you play. I'm sure this tech could be fairly easily implemented into a linear style game.
  • edited May 2011
    Many MMOs use a sort of streaming download technology, where it will download the beginning of the game first and download the rest as you play. I'm sure this tech could be fairly easily implemented into a linear style game.
    Let's hope they do so then!
  • edited May 2011
    Well I love both games. It would be exciting to see them in release either physical or digital.
  • edited May 2011
    As long as we get the game.. I don't care how they release it!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.