One of EP5 "new" eras is... (possible SPOILERS)

edited May 2011 in Back to the Future
...Wild West.

1. Official Facebook game has rendered view of Wild West era (based on movies obviously).
2. EP5 short description mentions chase of PAST, present and future. Considering EP4 ends to past, it might indicate they go further past aka Wild West era.
3. EP4 ending "puzzle" you see those Dog statues, it can also indicate that something happens during Wild West times as Clock Tower was under construction back then.
4. Marty mentions wife and more to FCB. It is possible that he has researched the matter further and some strange reason visits on Wild West.
5. It would be ironic to be stuck in Wild West again.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    While I'm not saying it won't happen, I don't think those reasons are very convincing. That Wild West-background in Blitz Through Time was there before the episodic game even launched, along with backgrounds for 1931, 1985 and 2015. I think those backgrounds referenced the movies, plus one specific background for the game (the 1931 one). Someone from Telltale (I think it was Jake, but I'm not sure) mentioned that those backgrounds weren't made by Telltale, but rather by the company that made the facebook game.

Someone else from Telltale commented on the Einstein-statues on the courthouse, saying that those were a result of the things that happen in the first two episodes (where Edna was talking about raising money to put some statues on the courthouse, preferably something 'scary'. Marty mentioned gargoyles (as seen in the movies), but Einstein's encounters with Edna resulted in her completely despising dogs. The Einstein-statues are an early result of that, and as her influence grows in the alternate timeline, dogs become forbidden in Hill Valley altogether. So I think those statues are just the result of the series of events that started with Einstein attacking Edna and taking her shoe. I can't see the Wild West having much to do with that.

I think it would be fun to visit the Wild West again (although perhaps a bit unnecessary, as it doesn't really have anything to do with the plot of the game so far), but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.
  • edited May 2011
    I don't know for a fact that it will happen...but they DO keep bringing up the time Buford shot Marshall Strickland...
  • edited May 2011
    doggans wrote: »
    I don't know for a fact that it will happen...but they DO keep bringing up the time Buford shot Marshall Strickland...

They do? I can't seem to recall it being said in the game. When was it mentioned?
  • edited May 2011
    They do? I can't seem to recall it being said in the game. When was it mentioned?

It wasn't - but I've seen it a few times on the forums. You know how those kids are, taking things on the internet to be true. :D
  • edited May 2011

Ms. Strickland mentions it if you do something specific in her apartment in It's About Time. I'm also pretty sure it was in Double Visions, but I don't remember when or why.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Catfight between Edna and Clara. You got it, Clord! :D

Actually, I really doubt that we will see another time in this series. :(
  • edited May 2011
    I don't think we're getting another time period. Maybe we'll see 2015 (if only because the Episode 5 description mentions "past, present, and future" colliding), but most likely it'll just be 1931 and 1986.
  • edited May 2011

"Past, present and future."

Would be quite a dupe if they mean't future in the sense of the future of the past...being the present of 1986...lol
  • edited May 2011
    You do know when the descrip says "Past Present and Future"

Its telling us that we were in the Past and the Present.

Now we might go to 2015 (or later). My guess is Doc got sent to the Future.
  • edited May 2011
    You do know when the descrip says "Past Present and Future"

Its telling us that we were in the Past and the Present.

Now we might go to 2015 (or later). My guess is Doc got sent to the Future.

Griff and 2025 are mentioned in Episode 1. I think that could very well be it. Intercepting the time machine...i mean Edna's shoe obviously gets into the Delorean when FCB takes her for a spin.
  • edited May 2011

Episode 1: When you click on the pictures in 1986 Edna's apartment, one of them is of Marshall Stickland, Edna's grandfather. She mentions he was gunned down by Buford.

Episode 4: Emmett's suit was Edna's grandfather's suit from his wedding and it's mentioned that he was killed sometime later.
  • i've posted this in a few other topics but anyhow;
    we know that when the characters are in the past, they generally interchange the terms 'present' and 'future'... in fact if you want to be specific, it should be 'back to the present'. SO if the premise indicates "chase through hill valley's past and future" i could see them meaning the past and 1986 but the fact that it indicates "present and future" means we will either see past 1986 or telltale duped us.

The time circuits are on the fritz so any point in time is within the realm. Possible that when they think they're going back to 1986, they end up going further than planned.
  • edited May 2011

I'd like to see a future one, and in the episode 5 synopsis it says "Past, Present, Future" so I would rule it in based on what they said...

I really would like to see a future date in there. I don't personally care about the wild west too much but when they said past, did they mean the 1931 past from the present, or past TO 1931? hmmmmm :confused:

Seriously Telltale, I wanna see hoverboards in this game
  • edited May 2011
    Episode 1: When you click on the pictures in 1986 Edna's apartment, one of them is of Marshall Stickland, Edna's grandfather. She mentions he was gunned down by Buford.

Episode 4: Emmett's suit was Edna's grandfather's suit from his wedding and it's mentioned that he was killed sometime later.

Ah, thank you. I vaguely remember it being mentioned in Episode One but I must've missed it entirely in Episode Four.

On topic, as much as I'd like to visit 1885 again, I doubt that it'll make an appearance in Episode Five. When the description says 'past, present and future', I think it's referring to 1931, 1986 and possibly 2011 or 2015 respectively.
  • edited May 2011
    It's obviously the prehistoric era, they introduced it in episode 4.
  • edited May 2011
    honestly I wana see early 1900s as I assume this is where Doc and Clara were living with their kids originally. The future would be nice too(the 2020s)
  • edited May 2011
    This is doubtful but what if we see all of the named times!!!
  • edited May 2011
    It wasn't - but I've seen it a few times on the forums. You know how those kids are, taking things on the internet to be true. :D

The only time that was brought up was in Ep. 1, but that was the only time if I recall correctly.
  • VeryTori wrote: »
    This is doubtful but what if we see all of the named times!!!

Well let's make a list (aside from the inevitable 1931 and 1986);
    1985; mentioned in episode 1 at the beginning, unlikely to be seen
    2025: mentioned in episode 1
    1960's and 2020's: mentioned in episode 1
    1955; i dont believe the year itself is mentioned but doc does mention he does not get the idea for time travel until 24 years from 1931
    2011: mentioned in episode 1
    1938; implied in episode 2
    2015; mentioned in episode 3

You'd have to think griff gets mentioned for a reason instead of simply saying the time machine ended up in 2025.
  • edited May 2011
    As far as Buford Tannen shooting Marshall Strickland; when Emmett was talking about his suit, he said something along the lines of "Marshall Strickland got married in this suit, too bad, poor guy was gunned down a few years later"

Also that picture in Emmett's mindmap slideshow might've been Buford with a beard
  • edited May 2011
    Clord wrote: »
    3. EP4 ending "puzzle" you see those Dog statues, it can also indicate that something happens during Wild West times as Clock Tower was under construction back then.

That could have happened as a result of Doc's adventures between Part III and the game. The number one rule of time travel in BTTF is that you can NEVER see the results of your own time travels until you do those time travels.

As for the older, bearded Tannen, my personal theory is that he's Buford's son and Kid's father. Apart from Biff's daughter Tiff, he's the only missing main Tannen.
  • BiggerJ wrote: »

As for the older, bearded Tannen, my personal theory is that he's Buford's son and Kid's father. Apart from Biff's daughter Tiff, he's the only missing main Tannen.

I agree. If you click on it, Marty refers to it as "A tannen", he does not mention him by name so it's likely not Kid or Buford.
  • edited May 2011
    By the description of episode 5 it does mention past, present and future but that could be misleading. It might actually just mean we travel to the present, the past and then the present again (future).
    Of course it could mean we actually go into the future, which would be awesome.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.