Requirements be Tripping

ProfanityProfanity Banned
edited June 2012 in Hector: Badge of Carnage
Hello.

So I've been looking at Hector, intending to buy it. But the requirements scare me off quite a bit, since my PC is only:
GeForce 6800 XT
1.5 GB RAM
2.0 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.6 GHz (?)
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200

The game doesn't seem like the kind that needs Crysis-leveled rig to launch. For example, Devil's Playhouse runs fine for me. (On lower than medium settings, though)

I've seen some kind of a thread about a once existing demo, but now it's gone.
So are the requirements really that crazy?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    I seriously doubt it... it's a pretty simple game.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited June 2011
    Alright, a seriously doubtful gentlemen. Anyone else?

Though 2 bucks isn't much, guess worth trying, right?
  • edited June 2011
    I have a 1.5 Ghz processor and onboard intel graphics and it works just fine for me. Have you got puzzle agent or poker night to work for you? If so I suspect you won't have any problems with this.
  • edited June 2011
    Completed the game on my Netbook, powered by an almighty Intel Atom 1.6Ghz single core processor, Intel GMA 945 graphics chip with 128Mb shared memory and 2 Gigabytes of Ram. Ran perfectly fine with no hiccups whatsoever.

So in your case I wouldn't worry about the Game runnning.

For all of you that don't know about PC hardware, my Netbook is about as powerful as your toaster ;)
  • edited June 2012
    I've also had no problems running Hector on my laptop. But I did notice that a lot of the sprites were rendered at lower resolution -- I don't know if my desktop just has better smoothing, or if there's some scaling to the available texture memory going on. I would suspect the latter. But I had no problems actually playing the game on simpler hardware, albeit with slightly inferior visuals.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.