What other dinosaurs would you want to see in JP the Game?

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Well the title just explains itself :) there has been talk that the game will introduce dinosaurs that were only touched on in the movies. So tell us, what dinos would you want to interact with in the game?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Good question... I want to see some aquatic dinosaurs, that would be neat.

Also, I loved the chameleon Carnotaur scene in the TLW book, but not the Carnotaurs themselves. Switch them to, I don't know, Dimetrodons, though they are not dinosaurs.
  • edited July 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    Good question... I want to see some aquatic dinosaurs, that would be neat.

Also, I loved the chameleon Carnotaur scene in the TLW book, but not the Carnotaurs themselves. Switch them to, I don't know, Dimetrodons, though they are not dinosaurs.

i would also be partial to aquatic reptiles but if they were to go about it i would say use either tylosaurus progier or something scary like cymbospondylus. but no nothosaurs please, not beastly enough. as far as terrestrial dinosaurs i would have to nominate celeophysis or bayonyx (which was on the JP list)
  • edited July 2011
    Personally, I'd like to see a Deinosuchus or a Pachycephalosaurus but I'd also be on board with the color-changing Carnotaur.
  • edited July 2011
    I like see Protoceratops, Pteranodon, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus and Allosaurus.
  • edited July 2011
    Carnotaurus, please people.

And I agree on Allosaurus JPFan, but as it's not on any list, official or not, for either the movie or book version of the park, I don't think we'll be seeing it.
  • edited July 2011
    definately brachiosaurus maiasaurus pteranodon and galimimus
  • edited July 2011
    I would like to see all the dinosaurs seen in the original jurassic park and TLW.
    From JP3 ankylosaurus.
  • edited July 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    i would also be partial to aquatic reptiles but if they were to go about it i would say use either tylosaurus progier or something scary like cymbospondylus. but no nothosaurs please, not beastly enough. as far as terrestrial dinosaurs i would have to nominate celeophysis or bayonyx (which was on the JP list)

Well hey they're doing an aquarium level in the game so maybe you will see that tylosaurus after all. But personally i think the aquarium is a little bit too out there for the series. I'd like to see the Pteranodons come back and also Proceratosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus, and Metriacanthosaurus.
  • edited July 2011
    As much as I hate it, I'd like to see Easter eggs in the game that contain info (written documents or computer reference) on some of the scientists awareness level to the existence of the Spinosaurous on site B.
  • edited October 2011
    Compsognathus and Pteranodon should also be in the game.
    Why? Because Compsognathus and Pteranodon (Longiceps from TLW not hippocratesi from JP3) both live on film-canon Isla Nublar.
  • edited October 2011
    I'm merging you thread to another as it's already been discussed.
  • edited October 2011
    well since the aquarium has a mosasaur and tylosaurus is a mosasaur one dream has already come true... next on my wish list Baryonyx please.....
  • edited October 2011
    JPTGfan wrote: »
    Compsognathus and Pteranodon should also be in the game.
    Why? Because Compsognathus and Pteranodon (Longiceps from TLW not hippocratesi from JP3) both live on film-canon Isla Nublar.

I really don't believe there were Pteranodon's on Nublar...otherwise we would have seen them on the film.

If there were...we would have seen or had them mentioned.
  • edited October 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    I really don't believe there were Pteranodon's on Nublar...otherwise we would have seen them on the film.

If there were...we would have seen or had them mentioned.

That's also true of Compys, though in my opinion, just because either of them weren't in the first movie doesn't mean they weren't on Nublar. I would be surprised in fact if neither of them were there. Compys make sense to be there for the same reasons they explained in the books (waste management) and I really don't think InGen would've wasted all that time and money building the aviary on Sorna without building one on Nublar to capitalize on their efforts.
  • edited October 2011
    Elogotar wrote: »
    That's also true of Compys, though in my opinion, just because either of them weren't in the first movie doesn't mean they weren't on Nublar. I would be surprised in fact if neither of them were there. Compys make sense to be there for the same reasons they explained in the books (waste management) and I really don't think InGen would've wasted all that time and money building the aviary on Sorna without building one on Nublar to capitalize on their efforts.

Look I know Pteranodons and Compies lived on Isla Nublar because if you go to JPlegacy.org, click on main, click on Jurassic park travel guide, and click on Dinosaur information. You Should see a list of dinosaurs that inhabit film-canon Isla Nublar. Here's the list.

Baryonyx Walkeri
    Brachiosaurus Altithorax
    Compsognathus Longipes
    Dilophosaurus Venenifer
    Gallimimus Bullatus
    Herrerasaurus Ischigualastensis
    Metriacanthosaurus Shangyouensis
    Mosasaurus hoffmanni
    Parasaurolophus Walkeri
    Proceratosaurus Bradleyi
    Pteranodon Longiceps
    Segisaurus Halli
    Stegosaurus Armatus Gigas
    Triceratops Horridus
    Troodon Formosus Venenifer
    Tyrannosaurus Rex
    Velociraptor Antirrhopus
  • edited October 2011
    Look I know Pteranodons and Compies lived on Isla Nublar because if you go to JPlegacy.org, click on main, click on Jurassic park travel guide, and click on Dinosaur information. You Should see a list of dinosaurs that inhabit film-canon Isla Nublar. Here's the list.

Baryonyx Walkeri
    Brachiosaurus Altithorax
    Compsognathus Longipes
    Dilophosaurus Venenifer
    Gallimimus Bullatus
    Mosasaurus
    Parasaurolophus Walkeri
    Proceratosaurus Bradleyi
    Pteranodon Longiceps
    Segisaurus Halli
    Triceratops Horridus
    Tyrannosaurus Rex
    Velociraptor Antirrhopus

Well I'm not going to argue with JPL...but I heard rumor that they are going to take a second look at the list.
  • edited October 2011
    well since the aquarium has a mosasaur and tylosaurus is a mosasaur one dream has already come true... next on my wish list Baryonyx please.....
    I second it!
  • edited October 2011

Baryonyx Walkeri
    Brachiosaurus Altithorax
    Compsognathus Longipes
    Dilophosaurus Venenifer
    Gallimimus Bullatus
    Mosasaurus
    Parasaurolophus Walkeri
    Proceratosaurus Bradleyi
    Pteranodon Longiceps
    Segisaurus Halli
    Triceratops Horridus
    Tyrannosaurus Rex
    Velociraptor Antirrhopus

btw the surname for the mosasaurus genus is hoffmanni
  • edited October 2011
    The game also has some Novel aspects to it so maybe they should also add some novel Dinosaurs to the game.

Maiasaura
    Procompsognathus
    Othneilia
    Apatosaurus
    Hadrosaurus
    Cearadactylus
    Hypsilophodon
    Euoplocephalus
    Styracosaurus
    Microceratops
  • edited October 2011
    The game can't use anything from the novel..since from what was explained they don't have the licensing for it.

I would love to see Styracs and Mirco's.
  • edited October 2011
    c2214be3ba954183045d42f5528207dccf3e3b50_normal.jpg?1249312538
  • edited October 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    c2214be3ba954183045d42f5528207dccf3e3b50_normal.jpg?1249312538

Yeah...well...you know I hate to put a damper on your day..but that's a dragon and dragons never existed! How about you know...read some books! GOSH!
  • edited October 2011
    The game can't use anything from the novel..since from what was explained they don't have the licensing for it.

I would love to see Styracs and Mirco's.

The game does use things from the novel. Here's a list.
    1. The Dilophosaurs have snake-skin.
    2. The Velociraptors have stripes, there are more of them, and they were out at night.
    3. Gerry Hardings design is more novel-esque.
    4.There are more employees on the island.
    All of the above was from the novel.
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah...well...you know I hate to put a damper on your day..but that's a dragon and dragons never existed! How about you know...read some books! GOSH!

Fine one of the bloody dinozords then!

dinozords.jpg
    yes I know the Mammoth and Saber Tooth Tiger aren't Dinosaurs!
  • edited October 2011
    The game does use things from the novel. Here's a list.
    1. The Dilophosaurs have snake-skin.
    2. The Velociraptors have stripes, there are more of them, and they were out at night.
    3. Gerry Hardings design is more novel-esque.
    4.There are more employees on the island.
    All of the above was from the novel.
    You got that from Park wiki. That site is not reliable at all, I had a time just cleaning up the novel pages, it's clear that some people are editing that have never read the novels at all. Also, Dilo's never had snake-skin... ever!! What does that even mean?? In fact none of these are notable novel items.
  • edited October 2011
    The dinosaurs I would like to see in-game would have to be... Ankylosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Pteranadon, Procompsognathus, and Stegosaurus.

^^Notice I only chose dinosaurs from the movies.
  • edited October 2011
    AndrewF you were wrong, the Procompsognathus are in the book, in the film are Compsognathus
  • edited October 2011
    Oh, sorry. I didn't know there was much of a difference. Diddly Doo. :3
  • edited October 2011
    I think they should add a scene where Gerry and Jessie Harding are on the river cruise and then all of a sudden they are attacked by a Baryonyx. What do you think?
  • edited October 2011
    a nice idea, unfortunately the game is already done and there is nothing in the goals on a ride on the river
  • edited October 2011
    crochunter wrote: »
    a nice idea, unfortunately the game is already done and there is nothing in the goals on a ride on the river

im sure there are sequences that dont involve achivements. this doesnt mean that we wont see baryonyx
  • edited October 2011
    I REALLY hope there is a Baryonix in the game.
  • edited October 2011
    I really doubt we'll be seeing a Baryonyx in the game. It likely would've gotten some sort of a press release or reveal by now, and common belief has been that the Spinosaurus in the third film, not being on InGen's list, was originally believed to be a Baryonyx when it hatched. No real confirmation either way, but that's my two cents on the matter.
  • edited October 2011
    I really doubt we'll be seeing a Baryonyx in the game. It likely would've gotten some sort of a press release or reveal by now, and common belief has been that the Spinosaurus in the third film, not being on InGen's list, was originally believed to be a Baryonyx when it hatched. No real confirmation either way, but that's my two cents on the matter.

true i mean the origonal spino skeleton was bombed in 45' so in 1993 spinosaurus and its croc like skull havent been pieced together yet.. i see where your comming from
  • edited October 2011
    true i mean the origonal spino skeleton was bombed in 45' so in 1993 spinosaurus and its croc like skull havent been pieced together yet.. i see where your comming from

Precisely. They were still going off the assumption that Spinosaurus had the Megalosaurus type skull and was much smaller. Proof can be found in the toy line for the second film
  • edited October 2011
    Precisely. They were still going off the assumption that Spinosaurus had the Megalosaurus type skull and was much smaller. Proof can be found in the toy line for the second film

yea and one meuseum did a reconstruction that looks just like that toy, coloring, skull, shape, everything. so by the time jp3 roles around in the canon (2001) the world has rediscovered spinosaurus in the badlands near egypt. i also heard that just recently a second species may have been discovered in morroco.
  • edited October 2011
    yea and one meuseum did a reconstruction that looks just like that toy, coloring, skull, shape, everything. so by the time jp3 roles around in the canon (2001) the world has rediscovered spinosaurus in the badlands near egypt. i also heard that just recently a second species may have been discovered in morroco.

Yeah, so it's probably safe to say we can rule out any new additions to the game aside from maybe Brachiosaurus. Aside from that, I think there would have been some sort of reveal by now. Course I could be wrong and Telltale could have a few surprises up their sleeves, but as of right now, I doubt we'll see much of anything new dinosaur wise.
  • edited October 2011
    I have no idea if you've already seen this, but Telltale posted a poster on their twitter site. It's the map from the original film, but they changed it a little bit. They added one species.:)

https://twitter.com/#!/telltalegames/status/128656593725304834/photo/1
  • edited October 2011
    I have no idea if you've already seen this, but Telltale posted a poster on their twitter site. It's the map from the original film, but they changed it a little bit. They added one species.:)

https://twitter.com/#!/telltalegames/status/128656593725304834/photo/1

Nice find! Although the map is kinda blurry so I can't really identify the new additions
  • edited October 2011
    It looks like it's compsognathus.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.