Funniest moments in reality 2.0 *SPOILER CITY AHEAD*

edited July 2009 in Sam & Max
I hope that it isn't anybody that will be mad at me for starting this thread this time.
Just needed to clean out the stuffs that I thought was funniest, and I didn't see a thread for it yet, so...

My favorite moment most have been the whole Text-thingie in the end,
I laughed really hard then I first tried to kill the Respect for Living Things when I was down there, also trying to give the Respect for Living Things to Max made me feel like bursting out in laughter.

That Bosco tried to spy on you then you talked to Jimmy, and used the binoculars even though that you stand just right next to him.

Talking to "not Hugh Bliss" and just feeling Max's hate...

Hmmm...
To tired to remember any more... :o

EDIT: Oh... And the zelda like tatada-sound when you picked something up. :)

Comments

• edited April 2007
    i was going to wait untill tommorrow to start one...... you just beat me to it, but i am not mad or anything...... :rolleyes:

my favorite part was the old carpet in the dumpster...... and max's comment about the flailing around and screaming gibberish job already being taken

and the comment about max not hearing anything that sounds like a cat being strangled for the last five minutes, is high on my list as well

also the crack at the end about the internet crashing before it could tell you who mr. biv is..... "it's the internet, what do you expect"

lastly, max's comment about their tv being a peice of crap, literly made me fall on the floor
  • edited April 2007
    Well, as I expected the boards are exploding now that Episode 5 is out (To Season 1 customers, anyway.). :D
  • edited April 2007
    Using the computer bug on the Pong machine. The kittens in the final text-based showdown against the internet were hilarious.
  • edited April 2007
    Ah man, the goey kittens were really making me sad. : / Poor goey, melting, strange kittens.
  • edited April 2007
    The dialog that comes up when you click the poster for the sequel to "Swan Lake" was the most laugh-out-loud bit for me. It took me a minute to get it.
  • edited April 2007
    Heh... Don't know why, but I loved the part where they steal the binoculars from Bosco, and then they have that akward moment after they take them.
  • edited April 2007
    The rat-cannon was pretty out-there. Now THAT's the kind of absurd humor we've been looking for.
    The 2d-mod was a blast of nostalgic fun, too bad you can't do much with it.
    Loved the joke about Jesse James' severed hand. (By the way, did anyone else notice it's suddenly missing a fingertip:confused:)
    Giving Bosco's to Max in the end sequence was hilarious and very very 'edgy'.
  • edited April 2007
    Maybe a easter egg or not...the savegem from Daikatana in reality 2.0 :)
  • edited April 2007
    a funny moment that i do not think was on purpose is when you listen to sybils avatar and audio blog at the same time

click on the mouth 2 times and then click the avatar...... than just alternate between the two....

it sounds like real sybil is yelling at virtual sybil

avatar: if you need help, seek the internet wizard
    blog: emergency, send more jitter to sybil pandemic.....

avatar: gold coins can be used to buy usefull items at the item shop
    blog: why did you put stupid coins in the stupid sky....

blog: this is not cool monsters are invading my homepage

it was so funny
  • edited April 2007
    I laughed at the adverts floating around in the background: "Click here to install spyware", "Click here to find out why we want you to click here", "Enter your security number for a prize".

"Hi, I'm not Hugh Bliss" had me in hysterics. The "Hi, I'm Hugh Bliss" line had me laughing like mad in the previous episodes for no apparent reason too.

The "it didn't match the drapes" line got a good laugh out of me.

Finally, the closing scene made me laugh as well. I just hope there's a twist and he isn't really the bad guy. I really want to see him in season 2.
  • edited April 2007
    I thought the voice of the control computer for gravity was so funny.. Screaming: You will fall!!! Die!!
  • edited April 2007
    The "you will fall" thing was really funny. In fact I want to see that arcade machine in the future. Everything it said was funny cause of the way it said it.
    Max's "R2" comment" was great, considering they were previously in a Lucasarts game. Also the 2D thing.
    I liked how the robot walked past the window at the start as well. All of the president Max humor was great.
  • edited April 2007
    When Sam & Max get shrunk down, I couldn't help but giggle all the time like some teenage cheerleader, by simply looking at Max' and ESPECIALLY Sam's running... priceless!

Please, TellTale, let them run like this ALL THE TIME when setting the game to "Warp Speed"... PLEASE!
  • edited April 2007
    When Sam & Max get shrunk down, I couldn't help but giggle all the time like some teenage cheerleader, by simply looking at Max' and ESPECIALLY Sam's running... priceless!
    I thought I was the only one! :D

This really would be the best thing to do with the Warp Speed button!
    Oh great and glorious Telltale Games, if you, in your great wisdom, intelligence, charisma, dexterity, etc., implemented this feature, we should be eternally grateful!
  • edited April 2007
    Funniest moment for me, when i gave bosco back his wooden sword that doesnt work :D
  • edited April 2007
    for me i think it was the quote: "I think we just stumbled into the place where Steve Wozniak makes erotic films Max" when you first walk into leftys :D

I think i woke up my neighbors i laughed so hard :D
  • edited April 2007
    The text adventure end, Max laughing when Sam mentions prune nuts, Bosco literally being a half-elf. :D
  • edited April 2007
    Bosco really shines in every episode!
    ...trusteth me, trusteth me!

And I really was happy to notice, that they've had new commends on everything in the office! (though I wasn't one of those who complained about that before)
  • edited April 2007
    here are all the flying ads......

VOTE NOW
    which is more annoying?
    Polls
    Banner ads
    Argyle

Be excited by
    Effervesent Fistula

You alreay may be pagged as a sucker
    Click here to find out

2% Milk
    (98% Water)

Big Smokes on the internet
    "Online, Bigger is better"

Enter your social security number here
    To win valuable prizes

Click Here
    To install spyware

Register Now
    To win free regristration
    (Restrictions apply)

Telltale Texas Holdem
    Click here to play play play

Click Here
    To find out why we want you to click here

Try Doughnut Recycling
    Dont waste gods gift

Visit the site of sites
    The ultimate list of other peoples content

Drink Cheap, evil- smelling beer
    Every day of your life

Catch me to Win a free chimpanzee
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    Catch me to Win a free chimpanzee

Heh, I think that one says "Catch the chimp, win Chimps!"
  • edited April 2007
    I have to confess I don't understand the "taken" joke in the text adventure. Can any one tell me why Max goes "eww"? I'd say keep it clean, but is there any chance of that? ;)
  • BrendanBrendan Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    It's characteristic of old text adventures simply to say "Taken" no matter how interesting the thing you're taking is. The reasons for Max's responses are for you to decide.
  • edited April 2007
    "Taken" just means you picked it up, and presumably put it in your pocket or inventory. I don't remember what Max said "Eww" about, but it probably wasn't the word taken.
  • edited April 2007
    The computers and the text adventure.

Best game since Wii Sports. Great great work.

I actually want a Reality 2.0 MMO. I'd pay $199.99 for it!
  • edited April 2007
    Not to mention Bosco's virtual store, the hot rump, the potions, Iron Rations from Eye of the Beholder, Bosco the half elf with one elf ear, Mario's Golden Coins, +1 armor and +2 sword, Link's wooden sword, Dragon Warrior's Blue Slime, the RPG combat scenes, the Firewall, the Jetson's car sound effect, getting Bosco's store, and the Castlevania save spot.

I'm probably forgetting a few, but that's just off the top of my head.

This game rates 10/10 for awesomeness.
  • edited April 2007
    That rump is... hot.
  • edited April 2007
    I personally loved the Pac-Man reference with the gumball machine outside Bosco's store in 2.0-land. Then again, I'm a Pac-fanatic.. so I would love such a thing. :)

Alos liked Max's 'I'm too cute' pose near the end.. it was seriously.. and eerily.. cute.
  • edited April 2007
    okay so I had my +2 sword and was about to defeat ante-biotic.. she attacked me so i defended with the jack-in-the box. I still had the pop-up blocker disabled at that point though.. the animation where Sam puts this jack in the box down gets all excited and then nothing happens was just hilarious.. I couldn't stop laughing.. also when the miniature sam and max walk into jimmy's.. and the whole text adventure complete awesomeness :D :D
  • edited April 2007
    oh i just remembered another very funny line i think sybil calls them ludites and max says hey we are just good friends or something like that.. hahaha!
  • edited April 2007
    Is there an IT-Crowd reference in the intro? ("Have they tried turning it off and back on again?")

The Text-Adventure Part was great.

"Hi, i'm not Hugh Bliss!"
    "I Hate you!"

Using the real Bug on the Computers in Lefty's store was funny, too (in both realities).

The Potions in Bosco's E Convinience were great.

"Do what King Artur did!"
  • edited April 2007
    I have to admit, there were only two puzzles that stumpped me, which wasn't enough to find the jokes that everyone is talking about. But, silly me, that's what replaying the game is for!

However, the first time through, the jokes I laughed the hardest at where the Mario "Sell-out" joke and the "This seems oddly familar" joke when Sam goes 2D.

Reading through this thread, I seem to have missed a lot of sight gags in the Internet. Either that, or I got too used to pop-up banner ads to notice.

EDIT: Oh, and I can't forget to meantion the joke Sybil says that is a direct referance to the reviews the series got up until this point about dialouge trees and how repeative Reality 2.0 is. The one Max says after beating up the Blue Jelly isn't all that funny compared to Sybil's.
  • edited April 2007
    "What is this....reality?"
  • edited April 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    EDIT: Oh, and I can't forget to meantion the joke Sybil says that is a direct referance to the reviews the series got up until this point about dialouge trees and how repeative Reality 2.0 is. The one Max says after beating up the Blue Jelly isn't all that funny compared to Sybil's.

I replayed that dialogue option 3 times =p

This entire episode was composed of pure genius. Completely awesome. Better than Tracy Morgan's Meat Machine.

I actually want a Reality 2.0 MMO, completely with sucky goggles.
  • edited April 2007
    'Do you have any. . . self-respect?'
    'Nay!'

Sybil going crazy on the voice blog.

Max pushing Jimmy into the cannon.

The music AND the pose that Sam strikes was exactly like what happens when you pick up stuff in Zelda.

I didn't think of giving the Respect for Living Things to Max, though. that sounds like pure hilarity right there. I also didn't get what Max was talking about when he responded to the comment about being luddites.
  • edited April 2007
    theres a line at the end where max says something involving sam's colon.. can't remember the exact quote..but very funny
  • edited April 2007
    I had a good laugh about the way Sam gives the gold coins to Bosco, by slapping Max in the head, mimicing several games, where you spill your collected coins when being hit by an enemy.
  • edited April 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    theres a line at the end where max says something involving sam's colon.. can't remember the exact quote..but very funny
    Wearing Sam's colon for a shower cap, wasn't it?
  • edited April 2007
    yeah thats the one :p
  • edited April 2007
    that showercap quip, use the +2 sword with max while in the text adventure........ (i think)

try giving the respect for human life back to the corporate presance, and try to pick up more than one boscos...... trying to give stuff to the internet and max was funny as well (espically when you try to give max a boscos)
  • edited April 2007
    The Internet Wizard's bit about how Typing is Fun made me chuckle. I don't remember the exact quote, so I need to play the game again...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.