JP Collection Sale! MASSIVE! REALLY!!

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Thread deleted

Comments

• edited July 2011
    You have some really REALLY cool stuff here! But I've been very tight on money since I got my Jeep so I haven't been able to collect Jurassic Park items like I used too. But very nice collection though.
  • edited July 2011
    A grand collection you have their, makes me wish i didnt get rid of my toys as a kid. I'd keep them if I were you for a few more years. If their is ever a reboot of the movie, Id expect the origional toys would spike in value.
  • edited July 2011
    Massive, massive collection!

Do you mind tell me what exactly does this guide consists of?

Do you mind also tell from where would you ship these? Europe or US?
  • edited July 2011
    Dr.Dino wrote: »
    Massive, massive collection!

Do you mind tell me what exactly does this guide consists of?

Do you mind also tell from where would you ship these? Europe or US?

The TLW:JP Field Guide was some exclusive promo thing by Kodak. The guide unfolds into a big poster of a map of Isla Sorna. But it's a very "artsy" decorative style map and not in any way even tries to look realistic or accurate. Then on the other side of the map it lists all the dinosaurs featured in TLW:JP with diagrams, facts, and stats on all the dinosaurs. Finally, there is a place that allows you to put a photograph (a portrait photo of yourself presumably) that makes it look like you have an official passport or something to go to Site B.

As for buyer restrictions, I am willing to ship internationally IF you can handle the cost of S&H which often times is not cheap. I myself am in the USA. So international folks, you've been kindly warned.
  • edited July 2011

Very interesting. I had not heard that before. I will agree it's very true.

As for this particular context, it's just a commonplace matter of sales transaction psychology. People trying to sell vs. buy products and services each have a respective agenda that they are trying to achieve. Buyers want to purchase goods as cheap as possible while sellers want to be able to turn about a maximum profit. Thus resulting in two parties on opposite extremes attempting to negotiate terms that would seem favorable to each respective individual. So it's really no mystery that the buyer and seller obviously know what the agenda of the other individual is and thus have to play a sort of negotiation game.

So, as far as the psychology is concerned in sales transactions with negotiable prices, it is not uncommon for the seller to initially state the price to be much higher than what they are actually intending to receive. That way, in case the buyer is satisfied with the initial offer, the seller basically got the upper hand and ended up with more profit than they were even planning. For example, a teenager wanting to actually borrow $50 from their parents might actually ask pose the initial question: "Can I borrow $100?" The teenager knowing that the more than likely response of the parent will be "no". Then, they proceed to pose the same question with the real agenda: "Okay... Can I borrow just $50 then?". Since $50 is much lower than $100, the parent might be a bit more likely to say "yes".

This sort of financial psychology tactic is fairly common sense and expected during sales transaction with negotiable prices. I'm not really sure why you brought up the "endowment effect" article, but it seems rather off-tangent for this particular situation. I can't even believe I just wasted time writing this commentary on the matter.
  • edited July 2011
    Hi I saw the lost world crate in your pictures but I couldn't seem to find it in the list, do you still have it and what sort of price are you after for it?
  • edited July 2011
    Hi I saw the lost world crate in your pictures but I couldn't seem to find it in the list, do you still have it and what sort of price are you after for it?

Yes, it is available for sale. Here is the entry in the spreadsheet:

TLW:JP Dino Crate, Electronic Wooden Promotional 4 $ 50 1 7 x 6 x 6 1 Y
  • edited July 2011
    | IMPORTANT |

Be sure to check the initial post of this thread for important updates and announcements.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm really interested now, could you possibly ship the dino crate to England?
  • edited July 2011
    I'm really interested now, could you possibly ship the dino crate to England?

The cost of postage to England from the USA is approximately $15 USD for the item in question. I am willing to ship if your bid is good enough.
  • edited July 2011
    jmine83 wrote: »
    The cost of postage to England from the USA is approximately $15 USD for the item in question. I am willing to ship if your bid is good enough.

Come on you can do me a special deal :) Just one more question before I put some money down, are all the measurements in inches? and what is the electronic bit?

Regards
    Sally
  • edited July 2011
    Come on you can do me a special deal :)

Respectfully, why? That would be unfair to everyone else. No one gets special treatment. This is a pretty cut-and-dry process. If it's because you think paying $15 for S&H is more than you expected; no duh, international postage is pricey.

And I will further emphasize this for everyone else who lives outside of the USA who wants to buy items from me. Don't be shocked if the cost of postage I quote seems expensive to you. That's what you get yourself into when you buy product from "private individuals" in other countries. You all want to check USPS yourself, be my guest. I'm not a business who can work special postage deals like on eBay.
    Just one more question before I put some money down, are all the measurements in inches? and what is the electronic bit?

Regards
    Sally

The dimensions are in inches, the weight is in US pounds. As for the dino crate itself, here is what I precisely quoted another potential buyer on another forum who also wants the crate:

TLW:JP Dino Crate, Electronic Wooden Promotional 4 $ 50 1 7 x 6 x 6 1 Y

The crate in question was simply a special promo item displayed around theaters at the time TLW:JP originally premiered in 1997. I believe originally it was suppose to maybe have some green plastic plants and vines inside that would poke out of the cracks and edges for effect. However, as the photo indicates, that is not the case here obviously. But anyone could easily just add plant foliage themselves. Anyways, inside the crate is a simple electronic audio chip mechanism of some sorts that is connected to a switch on the lid of the crate. So that, when a person removes the lid to open the crate, you presumably would hear a dinosaur roar. However, the electronic mechanism itself is "non-functional" so I'm only guessing. Even when I originally bought this crate off eBay a long time ago, it never worked since I have owned it. Only someone with electrical hardware expertise could maybe repair it somehow.
  • edited July 2011
    I can't even believe I just wasted time writing this commentary on the matter.

actually, i very much enjoyed your response. if you're interested in the psychology of negotiating, you should really read "predictably irrational" by dan ariely. you should also check out another type of cognitive bias, called "anchoring." here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchoring. the endowment effect and anchoring come incredibly in handy when negotiating. also, i'm feeling a small amount of guilt for giving your potential buyers the one up on you, so perhaps i should try to undo the damage by giving your the list another look over and buying something for myself. anyway, good luck selling your stuff! =)
  • edited July 2011
    I hope you do know that on some action figure websites there are jp action figures for less than what u r offering just trying to help out a tad bit
  • edited July 2011
    wow! you have alot of stuff that i want. hopefully when i get more money i will buy some stuff from you.
  • edited July 2011
    New update folks. Check out the initial post for details.
  • edited July 2011
    Just a question: Where did you get these? Mug and plate
    They look really neat as a set :)

Oh and are these statues? Stego

Oh and what was in this crate? Crate
  • edited July 2011
    Tetsu Aero wrote: »
    Just a question: Where did you get these? Mug and plate
    They look really neat as a set :)

Oh and are these statues? Stego

Oh and what was in this crate? Crate

First off, the cup-and-plate set simply came from the Islands of Adventure theme park in Orlando, Florida; hence, why on many of the item titles you will see the acronym IOA for Islands of Adventure. USH stands for Universal Studios Hollywood.

Next, no they are not statues. If you had looked at the spreadsheet file and matched up the "items numbers" listed in the spreadsheet up to the photo captions, you would then know it is:

TLW:JP Dino Ornament Display, Glass - T-Rex Art 4 JP2ART-1002
    TLW:JP Dino Ornament Display, Glass - Stegosaurus Art 4 JP2ART-1003

So put simply, they are christmas tree ornaments. Very rare in fact. They were originally manufactured by some premier christmas tree ornament artist named Christopher Radko.

Lastly, as for the crate, I will simply quote what I said on another forum about the crate:

"The crate in question was simply a special promo item displayed around theaters at the time TLW:JP originally premiered in 1997. I believe originally it was suppose to maybe have some green plastic plants and vines inside that would poke out of the cracks and edges for effect. However, as the photo indicates, that is not the case here obviously. But anyone could easily just add plant foliage themselves. Anyways, inside the crate is a simple electronic audio chip mechanism of some sorts that is connected to a switch on the lid of the crate. So that, when a person removes the lid to open the crate, you "presumably" would hear a dinosaur roar. However, the electronic mechanism itself is non-functional so I'm only guessing. Even when I originally bought this crate off eBay a long time ago, it has never worked since I've owned it. Only someone with electrical hardware expertise could maybe repair it somehow."
  • edited July 2011
    Ah thank you for answering. :)

Hm....
  • edited August 2011
    Bump.

Plenty of stuff still for sale if anyone is interested.
  • edited August 2011
    Hey!

Question: do you ship to Hungary? It's okay if you don't, many sellers on Ebay don't ship to Central and Eastern Europe, because increased distane means increased uncertainties, but still, it doesn't hurt to ask.:)

I'm specifically interested in the big Rex toy which I've never got as a kid, BTW is it in "3" condition, because of its tail? Also, I'd be interested in the TLW Spino which I've got as a kid, but misplaced it.:) I also like the boxes.:D Cheers!
  • edited August 2011
    MasCot wrote: »
    Hey!

Question: do you ship to Hungary? It's okay if you don't, many sellers on Ebay don't ship to Central and Eastern Europe, because increased distane means increased uncertainties, but still, it doesn't hurt to ask.:)

I'm specifically interested in the big Rex toy which I've never got as a kid, BTW is it in "3" condition, because of its tail? Also, I'd be interested in the TLW Spino which I've got as a kid, but misplaced it.:) I also like the boxes.:D Cheers!

I am willing to ship to Hungary IF you are willing to pay the cost of postage and associated fees. Considering the distance from USA, expect the cost of postage to be expensive! And also as you noted, increased distance means increased uncertainties. Taking the risk is up to you.

As for the JP1 T-Rex, I listed it as "3" condition because of some minor dents and scratches on either the back or sides of the package the dinosaur is in.

If you desire to place bids on the JP1 T-Rex and JP2 Spinosaurus, just let me know what your offer is on each item and I'll record your offer in the spreadsheet. Additionally, please make sure that "before" you officially decide to even bid, that you have completely read and understood the "terms of sale" document; as I hold all people who place bids accountable to everything in that document.
  • edited August 2011
    I am willing to ship to Hungary IF you are willing to pay the cost of postage and associated fees. Considering the distance from USA, expect the cost of postage to be expensive! And also as you noted, increased distance means increased uncertainties. Taking the risk is up to you.

As for the JP1 T-Rex, I listed it as "3" condition because of some minor dents and scratches on either the back or sides of the package the dinosaur is in.

If you desire to place bids on the JP1 T-Rex and JP2 Spinosaurus, just let me know what your offer is on each item and I'll record your offer in the spreadsheet. Additionally, please make sure that "before" you officially decide to even bid, that you have completely read and understood the "terms of sale" document; as I hold all people who place bids accountable to everything in that document.
    Thx! I will meditate on this and calculate the shipping prices, they will not be cheap, but we'll see, we'll see...:)
  • edited August 2011
    do you still have this toy for sale?
    JP3 Spinosaurus attack set $20
    i want to bid on it!
  • edited August 2011
    Got it. You are the current high bidder on the item in question.

Questions before i commit(committing) to bid or buy
    hmm how much is shipping?
    also if i win the item(s) can i use ebay?

p.s sorry i did not bid yet. i was just asking.
  • edited August 2011
    That is really cool. I recently sold my collections of Star Wars and Jurassic Park figures, had about 30 boxed figures and dinosaurs and a load of loose stuff I played with as a kid.

Was a bit sad to sell my JP figures as they were a lot cooler than the Star Wars ones and a massive part of my childhood, but sadly they were just stored in the shed and I did manage to get a decent price for them which I can put towards stuff I actually need.

That said, I'm still very much looking forward to Telltale's game :D
  • edited August 2011
    Questions before i commit(committing) to bid or buy
    hmm how much is shipping?
    also if i win the item(s) can i use ebay?

p.s sorry i did not bid yet. i was just asking.

In the "terms of sale" document, I specified that bidders are responsible for calculating their own postage costs so they know themselves apx. what they can expect to be paying. Most of all the shipping will be done via USPS. Only in very rare, exceptional circumstances is UPS the better option; i.e. when the package being delivered is exceptionally larger or heavier than normal.

So just simply look at the dimension and weight data for the item in question, go to USPS.com, use the data I supplied in the "terms of sale" document, and calculate it all out yourself. I will always pick the postage service option from USPS that is the cheapest, offers tracking, and insurance. So the Parcel Post option in most cases.

As for eBay, eBay is not involved in this at all. So I don't understand the question. Now, if you perhaps you meant to suggest if you can send payment via PayPal, then yes PayPal is an acceptable form of payment.
  • edited August 2011
    In the "terms of sale" document, I specified that bidders are responsible for calculating their own postage costs so they know themselves apx. what they can expect to be paying. Most of all the shipping will be done via USPS. Only in very rare, exceptional circumstances is UPS the better option; i.e. when the package being delivered is exceptionally larger or heavier than normal.

So just simply look at the dimension and weight data for the item in question, go to USPS.com, use the data I supplied in the "terms of sale" document, and calculate it all out yourself. I will always pick the postage service option from USPS that is the cheapest, offers tracking, and insurance. So the Parcel Post option in most cases.

As for eBay, eBay is not involved in this at all. So I don't understand the question. Now, if you perhaps you meant to suggest if you can send payment via PayPal, then yes PayPal is an acceptable form of payment.

USPS? can i use UPS for shipping the item(s)?
  • edited August 2011
    USPS? can i use UPS for shipping the item(s)?

Well, if you "really" insist that you want UPS, I have no problem complying. Just be aware that UPS isn't always the cheapest or most cost-effective method of shipping. If you have no problem paying whatever the cost of UPS shipping ends up being, then everything should be fine. If you live overseas from the USA, however, UPS is definitely going to be very expressive. If you do end up winning an auction from me, just be sure to remind me you want UPS, because otherwise I'll forget. Just some information to consider.
  • edited August 2011
    Well, if you "really" insist that you want UPS, I have no problem complying. Just be aware that UPS isn't always the cheapest or most cost-effective method of shipping. If you have no problem paying whatever the cost of UPS shipping ends up being, then everything should be fine. If you live overseas from the USA, however, UPS is definitely going to be very expressive. If you do end up winning an auction from me, just be sure to remind me you want UPS, because otherwise I'll forget. Just some information to consider.

ok i will let you know when i want to bid on the item(s).
  • edited August 2011
    Bump.

I "really" need this thread to be promoted to "sticky" status somehow. If anyone reading this knows the appropriate people that I need to talk to about making this thread a sticky, I would greatly appreciate it.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    I "really" need this thread to be promoted to "sticky" status somehow. If anyone reading this knows the appropriate people that I need to talk to about making this thread a sticky, I would greatly appreciate it.

Any forum moderator (grey username) or Telltale person would be able to sticky a thread, but personally I don't think it's appropriate here. Stickies are usually reserved for important information about the game, and a personal sale doesn't really fit into that. You're welcome to post reasonable updates/reminders about the upcoming auctions and stuff to this thread though.
  • edited August 2011
    | UPDATE |

The "Terms of Sale" document has been updated in the following sections of the document: WINNERS, PAYMENT, SHIPPING, and SCHEDULE.

These changes were implemented in light of the most recent group of transactions that I have handled, and having learned from certain mistakes I made and noticed that need to be improved.
  • edited August 2011
    | UPDATE |

I have added photos in the photo gallery for the following items:

JP1ART-1000 | JP Statue, CinemaCast (Velociraptor)
    JP1PRO-1000 | JP Poster - Theater Premiere
    JP3PRO-1000 | JP3 Poster - Theater Premiere

I also have a bunch of JP standees that I need to eventually get photos up. However, doing so would require carrying in each of the huge, heavy boxes that these standees are in, into the house. Then unpacking them, putting them together for display, taking the photos, taking them apart again, and putting them back into storage. So naturally that's a lot of work and time that I don't know when or if I can get to it.

But, if maybe someone reading this happens to already own a bunch of JP standees that I also happen to be selling, and that person already has photos of their standees, I would greatly appreciate getting those photos if I could and posting them in my gallery so people see and understand precisely what I have for sale.
  • edited August 2011
    why arent te pictures there if te new stuff??
  • edited August 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    why arent te pictures there if te new stuff??

The new photos are there. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted the update notice. All entries in the spreadsheet are sorted according to Item No. and the same also applies to the photo gallery. Just look up the appropriate Item No. and that's all you need to do.
  • edited August 2011
    | UPDATE |

I have performed the following updates to the photo gallery:

1. Photos of items that have already been sold, shipped, and received by the buyer of that item have been edited with a big, green, bold text title across the top of the photo that simply reads, SOLD! Thus, photos of items with the SOLD! text across the top of them are no longer available for sale and aren't coming back.

2. I have added "empty photo" placeholders in the photo gallery for items in the collection that I have not been able to take photos of yet. I plan to take photos of these items in question eventually, but the next available opportunity to do so in my busy schedule won't be until the holiday season break.
  • edited August 2011
    hi again i just comment on this thread so it is not forgotten.
  • edited August 2011
    @jmine83 hi and the aution begins tomorrow?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.