Pre Order

edited October 2011 in Jurassic Park
Why Cant i Pre Order This game at a Eb Games in Canada Yet ? :mad:

Comments

• edited August 2011
    You won't be able to, it'll be released digitally first, the full game won't be out for at least 8 months after the first "episode" is available for download - if the past has been anything to go by.
    And besides, any retail releases, including PC, are speculation at this point. TTG normally release their own DVD version, which you get for free if you buy the digital version from the store here (plus p+p)
  • edited August 2011
    zmally wrote: »
    You won't be able to, it'll be released digitally first, the full game won't be out for at least 8 months after the first "episode" is available for download - if the past has been anything to go by.
    And besides, any retail releases, including PC, are speculation at this point. TTG normally release their own DVD version, which you get for free if you buy the digital version from the store here (plus p+p)

So i wanna buy it for my 360 i read some where i could how would i go about doing that :confused:
    Like i am confused why cant it just come in a disc
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Kotaku has reported that there will be a retail disc release for the Xbox 360, although there's no word on exactly when it's supposed to be available. Looks like it's available for preorder at Gamestop in the US though (warning, don't trust the release date on that page).

There isn't really any info on the release schedule as yet, or whether any physical release will be available at the same time as the Telltale store PC/Mac downloads.

As for EB Games in Canada, maybe they are waiting for details before they start taking preorders.

Sorry I don't have more info to offer than that! Keep an eye on the Telltale blog for announcements, and/or sign up for email updates to stay in the loop.
  • edited August 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Kotaku has reported that there will be a retail disc release for the Xbox 360, although there's no word on exactly when it's supposed to be available. Looks like it's available for preorder at Gamestop in the US though (warning, don't trust the release date on that page).

There isn't really any info on the release schedule as yet, or whether any physical release will be available at the same time as the Telltale store PC/Mac downloads.

As for EB Games in Canada, maybe they are waiting for details before they start taking preorders.

Sorry I don't have more info to offer than that! Keep an eye on the Telltale blog for announcements, and/or sign up for email updates to stay in the loop.

Do you think it will be this year ?
  • edited August 2011
    So do you think at some time ill be able to pre oder it in Canada
  • edited August 2011
    So do you think at some time ill be able to pre oder it in Canada
    Absolutely, but it has not yet been announced yet. So be patient, it'll come when the release date is closer.
  • edited August 2011
    There's really no reason to pre-order this game. It's not likely to be in high demand upon release.

Honestly, I wouldn't buy it from Gamestop/EB Games anyway. They are a dark and twisted organization who profit at the expense of others' ignorance (they buy used games cheap and sell them at near-full price).
  • edited August 2011
    zmally wrote: »

This is actually not true. It's going to be available as a full retail game in Mid November.
  • edited August 2011
    Amy Lukima wrote: »
    This is actually not true. It's going to be available as a full retail game in Mid November.

@Amy,

Any chance you could confirm or deny if physical copies for PC and PS3 will ever see the light of day or is it solely an XBOX 360 exclusive?
    :confused:
  • edited August 2011
    There will be a PC collections edition but I haven't heard anything about PS3. For now it's PSN only.
  • edited August 2011
    There will be a PC collections edition but I haven't heard anything about PS3. For now it's PSN only.

If it's like BTTF, then it'll probably remain PSN only. Which I'm sorry, I HATE that. I can't download games forever, that's why we HAVE disks. :(

@REDSLATE Agreed. Though I have gotten some sweet deals before. I got Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories new for a pretty good price...cheaper than the used copies even. lol
  • edited August 2011
    I'm curious as hell about the collectors edition.
  • edited August 2011

Is there any particular reason that TT has decided to not release it on PS3 physically?

Considering the recent events regarding the PSN security I wouldn't want to buy anything on the PSN.
    :(
  • edited August 2011
    thank you amy for the release date information
  • edited August 2011
    Reznor2112 wrote: »
    Is there any particular reason that TT has decided to not release it on PS3 physically?

Considering the recent events regarding the PSN security I wouldn't want to buy anything on the PSN.
    :(

I play most games on my 360 but I have a PS3 too. I've read quite a few articles about their updated security and I'm comfortable using it the service again.

But if you're still worried you can buy a prepaid visa gift card. That's what I do when I order stuff from other countries.
  • edited August 2011
    Hey Amy, I recently read a rumor that Jurassic Park was set to release on November 15th. Is there any way you can confirm or dispel this?
  • edited August 2011
    Hey Amy, I recently read a rumor that Jurassic Park was set to release on November 15th. Is there any way you can confirm or dispel this?

She already said mid-November... Plus according to a guy I know that manages a few of the local GameStops, the date is pretty much confirmed now unless the game is delayed again, so I think because of gamestop's Nov 15th date and Amy's mid-Nov date I think its safe to say that its Nov 15th or very close since thats exactly the middle of November. :D
  • edited August 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    She already said mid-November... Plus according to a guy I know that manages a few of the local GameStops, the date is pretty much confirmed now unless the game is delayed again, so I think because of gamestop's Nov 15th date and Amy's mid-Nov date I think its safe to say that its Nov 15th or very close since thats exactly the middle of November. :D

Let's hope so. The article I found was posted earlier today, and it did say that there would be more information available by the end of today. Hopefully if it is true (I won't believe anything til I see an official statement from TTG) we can get a new trailer or something.
  • edited August 2011
    Let's hope so. The article I found was posted earlier today, and it did say that there would be more information available by the end of today. Hopefully if it is true (I won't believe anything til I see an official statement from TTG) we can get a new trailer or something.

We can't confirm an exact date just yet but my birthday is Nov. 13th. Send gifts.
  • edited August 2011

Can you link the article? Also, I don't think we will be getting any more info today (I could be wrong) but im fine with what we have, Amy just recently confirmed the mid-Nov release date so I think we're fine.
    We can't confirm an exact date just yet but my birthday is Nov. 13th. Send gifts.

Hopefully by "just yet" you mean "until tonight" because Tyrannosaur has kinda got me wonderin if there will be an announcement tonight... and on Nov 13th expect a gift! :D lol

Edit: I guess this is the article you found then?

http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/news/jurassic-park-the-game-dated.html

I'm going with that date because I'm sure its November 15th now. I am just wondering what news they could have tonight unless Telltale releases something badass, but I'm sure they will only confirm Nov 15th and possibly officially release those Ep2 screens, but who knows? Anyway, can't want to see what comes next! *Goes to Blogs page and continuously clicks refresh*
  • edited August 2011
    Yes, that is the link I saw.

And thanks, Amy for clearing that up. The new screenshots you guys posted are absolutely EPIC! (If anyone hasn't seen them check the blog ASAP)
  • edited August 2011
    It's listed as coming out the same day as assassins creed, haha that means the Game Stop I work at will be having a midnight release for it! Can't wait for Jurassic Park.
  • edited October 2011
    Hi there !!; I'm a big fan of Jurassic Park since I was 8 yeras back in 93; and I love all the things related to this exciting movie :D !!. I have Xbox 360; and in this moment I noticed that in the Official JP Game Page of Telltale you lounched a pre order opition that includes a special edition of tha games and other wonderfull stuff if you pourchase this edition that is just fot PC and Mac.

The question is: Will you do the same with the xbox 360 format?, It will be a special edition with all those gifts in the pre order for this platform?? I hope that can be the case :D

Greetings !!!
  • edited October 2011
    Hi there !!; I'm a big fan of Jurassic Park since I was 8 yeras back in 93; and I love all the things related to this exciting movie :D !!. I have Xbox 360; and in this moment I noticed that in the Official JP Game Page of Telltale you lounched a pre order opition that includes a special edition of tha games and other wonderfull stuff if you pourchase this edition that is just fot PC and Mac.

The question is: Will you do the same with the xbox 360 format?, It will be a special edition with all those gifts in the pre order for this platform?? I hope that can be the case :D

Greetings !!!

I don't think there are any plans for a deluxe edition for the 360 version, at least none that they have announced.
  • edited October 2011
    is Jurassic park USA release only ?
    i live in the UK and have a 360 but i cant find any sign of Jurassic park in shops or UK retail websites :(
  • edited October 2011
    Jurassic Park will not be officially released until November 15th. The only thing going on right now is the Pre-Orders officially being a go. There's still just over 2 weeks before you'll see it in any retail stores for the 360
  • edited October 2011
    yea but those stores and websites should be excepting pre-oders by now, if it is being releasing in the UK in two weeks telltale should be in the early shipping stages now, if no stores or websites are taking pre-orders then does that mean there not expecting deliveries or it to be released :confused: not only that i can pre-order every other game that is being released on that day but not jp and if i type it into google shopping or amazon,ebay,play, etc etc i cud only find one website that was selling an american copy which is no use to me so can anyone from telltale confirm or deny the america only release?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.