helicopter in EP2 screen shot.

edited August 2011 in Jurassic Park
so any ideas on who's helicopter that is on the blog screen? it certianly doesnt look like an InGen air-craft, i was wondering if anyone had some ideas, biosyn mabey?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I would have to assume that the helicopter is either a biosyn helicopter used to transport their agents or just a helicopter used for transportation around the park as it is an island you would want a quick way of getting around for maintenance and other such things.
  • edited August 2011
    I believe the Helicopter we see in the screenshot may belong to the team of mercinaries that are sent in for rescue purposes
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah im thinking mercinary transport. They would just use a jeep or foot. Nublar is smaller than sorna.
  • edited August 2011
    I agree that it is likely a mercenary/rescue copter. BioSyn had intended a subtle operation and the ship was their lifeline.

If this is only an episode two screenshot, I wonder if we are looking at a rescue mission that goes bad. This could be where we meet some of the other key characters in the game.
  • edited August 2011
    Well, the helicopter is probably UH-1 Huey that was used by US forces in Vietnam. It really could belong to BioSyn company. But I expect it to be the helicopter of InGen´s mercenaries who have been sent to island to save the survivors. BioSyn really didn´t have any reason to send a helicopter there. Nima was already their "Plan B". So if speaking for myself - the helicopter belongs to InGen mercenaries. Any other opinions, people?
  • edited August 2011
    Well, the helicopter is probably UH-1 Huey that was used by US forces in Vietnam. It really could belong to BioSyn company. But I expect it to be the helicopter of InGen´s mercenaries who have been sent to island to save the survivors. BioSyn really didn´t have any reason to send a helicopter there. Nima was already their "Plan B". So if speaking for myself - the helicopter belongs to InGen mercenaries. Any other opinions, people?

very good point it is Ep2 after all, i mentioned biosyn because it seemed like the crashed biosyn helicopter in tresspasser, a blue Huey, albeit in tresspasser it had white streaks but you get the picture
  • edited August 2011
    maybe it's the kirbys trying to find their way to K2 ;)
  • edited August 2011
    I'm almost certain it's the Mercinaries. It'd coencide with the appearance of the new character seen in the new screenshots
  • edited August 2011
    It's very reminiscent of the Spinosaurus attacking the Kirby's charter plane in JIII.
  • edited August 2011
    It's very reminiscent of the Spinosaurus attacking the Kirby's charter plane in JIII.

Well Telltale did get the licensing rights for all three movies, maybe they're taking a page from JPIII?
  • edited August 2011
    Tyranosaurs sees a helicopter...thinks it's a larger Predatory Avian predator defends it's territory at least that's how I see it.
  • edited August 2011
    And other point. InGen have been using UH-1 Hueys (alongside with CH-47 Chinooks) in 1997 when they were transporting their vehicles, equipment and hunters to Isla Sorna, they used the same type of helicopter during evacuation of survivors after T. rex / Velociraptor attack (The Lost World: Jurassic Park, 1997). This raises the possibility that Huey depicted on screenshot belongs to InGen, which is already known to own and use several of them. Those Hueys in movie are khaki green, but I guess InGen´s mercenary helicopter could easily have other colour and markings. Well, it´s just a detail, but details really DO matter...
  • edited August 2011
    Biosyn is not and will not be in the game. They do not have the rights to it. It can still be a rival company copter, just not specifically Biosyn
  • edited August 2011
    How are they not in the game? They are the ones who hired nedry to get the embryos? How can they not have that?
  • edited August 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    How are they not in the game? They are the ones who hired nedry to get the embryos? How can they not have that?

Because they're never mentioned by name in the movies, which is the only source Telltale are allowed to use.
  • edited August 2011
    It never stated that in the film...infact they didn't even mention what company dodgson worked for in the films.

From what I know when you get a license for something. You have the License for only that any extra licenses the movie or film had you have to pay for.
  • edited August 2011
    Well Universal owns the book license, when you buy the JP license you can use anything and everything JP. Even those sh*tty IDW comics mention Biosyn, and there's no way they paid for an extra license that Telltale wouldn't.
  • edited August 2011
    Well Universal owns the book license, when you buy the JP license you can use anything and everything JP. Even those sh*tty IDW comics mention Biosyn, and there's no way they paid for an extra license that Telltale wouldn't.

No they do not own the book license..they have the rights to the movies and the movies only anything they use that has to deal with the novel has to be through the Crichton estate.
  • edited August 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    It never stated that in the film...infact they didn't even mention what company dodgson worked for in the films.

Telltale mentioned once that they would only refer to Dodgson's organization as the "competing company". I'm content with because they didn't change things up too much by naming another organization.
  • edited August 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    No they do not own the book license..they have the rights to the movies and the movies only anything they use that has to deal with the novel has to be through the Crichton estate.

No, Universal bought the book rights from Crichton, his estate would have nothing to do with it.
  • edited August 2011
    No, Universal bought the book rights from Crichton, his estate would have nothing to do with it.

Film companies don't fully own book rights, they own licences to make a film or films based on the sourced licensed and all these deals have a time limit usually up to the point the film is released or after a pre-set amount of time defined in the deal (which is mainly used to stop companies buying a licence and just doing nothing with it having bought it simply to stop anyone else buying it).

So in the case of Jurassic Park, Universal bought the rights to make a film based on Crichton's book and after the film was completed the rights reverted back to Crichton (I don't think there was any multi-film deal involved but I can't be sure). And so now as Crichton has passed away, any future deal involving the rights to his book(s) would have to go through his estate.

Telltale have a deal with Universal and that deal only encompasses the Jurassic Park films (and I do believe that the deal does involve all the JP films but I may be wrong) that Universal own.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.