Jurassic Park: The Game - Deluxe Edition suggestions

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Hello!! :D

First of all, sorry for my English, but I'm italian!

The sense of this discussion is to give to TellTale Games some ideas about the content of a possible future Deluxe Edition of the game! (and I take this opportunity to congratulate for Deluxe Edition of Back to the Future: The Game - wonderful!). For example, this is my list of the stuffs that I'd like to see in It:

- DVD (with all episodes, of course and some extra such as videos, Behind the Scenes /Making of, team commentaries, trailers, art gallery)

- Dinopedia, little book with images and characteristics of dinosaurs in the game, OR the same subject but printed on collectible cards (like the Voodo Cards of Tales of Monkey Island)

- Poster with a map of Isla Sorna/Isla Nublar (double side) and consequently a Jurassic Park map

- A pin with JP logo

That's all! Which are your ideas?? :)

Comments

• edited August 2011
    It should come with a can of barbasol containing Dinosaur embryos.
  • edited August 2011
    i definitely would love to have the barbasol can but i would not want to buy the game again if they eventually came out with a deluxe edition
  • edited August 2011
    telltale make this happen!! i would buy 2 deluxe copy's just so i can open one and mess with it. :)
  • edited August 2011
    I just want the soundtrack and some concept art and you know some commentary.
  • edited August 2011
    I just want the soundtrack and some concept art

Would be great to have both! Double disc with soundtrack on the second one and a Concept Art Book (15-20 pages) about the game.. including a poster inside with the Isla Nublar Park Map... SBAV
  • edited August 2011
    I don't want to buy the game twice just to get it, but I would love to have the shaving cream embry storage container. SELL IT.
  • edited August 2011
    A deluxe edition should have a plastic box cover, with the details of dinosaur bones. Like the old VHS packaging.
    This one
    62526841_1.jpg

A park map/brochure with it would be awesome. :D
  • edited August 2011
    I say include the soundtrack!
  • edited August 2011
    I agree with the above ideas, I think that posters would be a good idea, maybe with a picture of the tour entrance gates also I think they should include a Jurassic Park brochure.
  • edited September 2011
    lol
    maybe a small fossil in every box...

I would love a T-Rex snowglobe ;)
  • edited September 2011
    Liam. wrote: »
    I agree with the above ideas, I think that posters would be a good idea, maybe with a picture of the tour entrance gates also I think they should include a Jurassic Park brochure.

you mean like the poster nick van owen finds in the Communications center in TLW?
  • edited September 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    you mean like the poster nick van owen finds in the Communications center in TLW?

highlight.JPG

I love this mural from The Lost World. It would be cool to have a high resolution poster of that.
  • edited September 2011
    Insect in amber keychain!
    It would be awesome to have a poster of the visitor center dinosaur mural as well.
    Or a park map, similar to the "official" brochure map, only with emphasis on the locations/events specific to the game.
    I'm a sucker for paleo art and concept art, so a book or other small collection of something along that order would definitely have my vote too.
  • edited September 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »

Not exactly but I loved that poster in TLW.
  • edited September 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    highlight.JPG

I love this mural from The Lost World. It would be cool to have a high resolution poster of that.

I always thought it was really cool that the Trespasser Team included this poster, haha!
  • edited October 2011
    Or a park map, similar to the "official" brochure map, only with emphasis on the locations/events specific to the game.
    I'm a sucker for paleo art and concept art, so a book or other small collection of something along that order would definitely have my vote too.

Totally called it! :p

The Deluxe Edition info released today says that it will include:
    •All four episodes of Jurassic Park: The Game on disc for PC and Mac
    •Replica InGen staff ID badge as seen in the movie and the game
    •Replica of movie Brochure/Map, updated to include game content
    •Replica of Jurassic Park patch as worn on staff uniforms
    •InGen Field Guide: 32 Pages of content welcoming you to Jurassic Park
    •Exclusive Limited Edition packaging
    •Access to exclusive digital content including the game soundtrack and behind the scenes video

Seriously, this set looks awesome. The map is exactly what it should be. The InGen Field Guide looks fantastic. The patch and ID badge are just damn cool. This is stuff Jurassic Park fans have been waiting for and I don't think anyone could have done this better than Telltale has. They really did their homework and have made this look and feel like an integrated part of the movie, and not a separate entity like other JP games and products have been. Kudos and thank you!
  • edited October 2011
    A digital soundtrack sounds awesome. Hopefully they can do that with all their games that don't have soundtracks yet, seeing as it looks like they are not producing physical soundtracks any more.
  • edited October 2011
    Okay, question. I'm typically a platform player, I play my x-box, and was planning on getting the game for x-box. However, to get these goods, I may by the PC version... IF I can hook up a game controller to control the game. I don't like using a mouse/keyboard for my gaming. I know I couldn't make it happen on my Tresspasser Demo (my copy of the full game is sadly gone), but is this game going to be compatible with a usb controller?
  • edited October 2011
    DeeRayl wrote: »
    Okay, question. I'm typically a platform player, I play my x-box, and was planning on getting the game for x-box. However, to get these goods, I may by the PC version... IF I can hook up a game controller to control the game. I don't like using a mouse/keyboard for my gaming. I know I couldn't make it happen on my Tresspasser Demo (my copy of the full game is sadly gone), but is this game going to be compatible with a usb controller?

Considering that's how they originally demoed the game before announcing console versions, I'd say that it's more than possible for you to do that.
  • edited October 2011
    •Access to exclusive digital content including the game soundtrack and behind the scenes video

I wonder what other digital content there might be aside from the soundtrack and behind the scenes video. I cant wait to find out :P
  • edited October 2011
    I'm almost a hundred % satisfied with the deluxe edition :)
    I just wish the box wasn't silver.

A future addition might be to included the Jurassic Park ticket. :D
    aaaaatphcwsaaaaaadrd-a.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    I'm most excited about the field guide and the brochure map! It's really everything you could ever want from a trip to the best zoo on the planet! (:
  • edited October 2011
    @Shadowknight1: That is music to my ears... thanks!:D
  • edited October 2011
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I already preorded at Gamestop :(
  • edited October 2011

You will absolutely be able to play the PC version with a USB gamepad. :)
  • edited October 2011

From what we have heard. You can play the game on PC with a wired X-box Controller.
  • edited October 2011
    I'm guessing I can't use that free game code I got a while back when the pre-orders were cancled to use on the Delux Edition?
  • edited October 2011
    I'm guessing I can't use that free game code I got a while back when the pre-orders were cancled to use on the Delux Edition?

yes u can it discounts to 5.00 plus shipping
  • edited October 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    From what we have heard. You can play the game on PC with a wired X-box Controller.

I use a Madcatz wired xbox controller... and it works great.... most games prompt you to press the correct xbox buttons when you play.
  • edited October 2011
    I know this new set is already made pretty much, but since the videos will be downloads provided by the set, I thought it wouldn't be too late to add this:

Given the cinematic nature of the game, is it possible to create a "movie version" of the game? This would be something similiar to how you guys have done the commentary versions of episodes, only without commentary, and no skipping around scenes. Just play out the scene straight, like a movie, saying the essential "correct" dialogue, etc. Given the artistic look of the shots I have seen, and the dialogue, etc, this could be a very entertaining game movie. I REALLY hope you guys consider it! I would love to download a version like that!
  • edited October 2011
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I already preorded at Gamestop :(

get both thats wat i did....
  • edited October 2011
    scallenger wrote: »
    I know this new set is already made pretty much, but since the videos will be downloads provided by the set, I thought it wouldn't be too late to add this:

Given the cinematic nature of the game, is it possible to create a "movie version" of the game? This would be something similiar to how you guys have done the commentary versions of episodes, only without commentary, and no skipping around scenes. Just play out the scene straight, like a movie, saying the essential "correct" dialogue, etc. Given the artistic look of the shots I have seen, and the dialogue, etc, this could be a very entertaining game movie. I REALLY hope you guys consider it! I would love to download a version like that!

Amen to that, however I get the feeling that if the fine folks here at Telltale don't do that, I can almost guarantee that a fan will. Either way, it'd be something else to really look forwrd to
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah, that's true, although I'd love it if they could do it, too. I'm sure they could do it in a really fun way, maybe even add to it what we could not.

Also, I forgot to mention, since the soundtrack will be a download as well, could you guys please offer a high quality version of it, like at least 320k MP3, or even possibly FLAC? I know I mentioned this elsewhere, but I thought I'd mention it twice. :D
  • edited October 2011
    yes u can it discounts to 5.00 plus shipping

Mine isn't working for some reason. Am I putting it in wrong? You need to put the dash in between the letters and numbers right?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just saw the pre-order form and already sent a PM to see if they could help out. Cause my code doesn't seem to be working
  • edited October 2011
    Mine isn't working for some reason. Am I putting it in wrong? You need to put the dash in between the letters and numbers right?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just saw the pre-order form and already sent a PM to see if they could help out. Cause my code doesn't seem to be working

Are you doing this through internet explorer? Or is it a different browser? I tried it with ie and it didn't work. Tried it through Google chrome and Viola, it worked
  • edited October 2011
    It's all good. After a quick response I was able to get mine pre-ordered with no problem.
  • edited October 2011
    One suggestion and one question:

My personal suggestion is to put two JP patches into the set so one could be attached to a hat. For those who consider making a costume out of it.

My question is if the design of the ID Badge displayed is final. Instead of the whole "Temporary Staff Identification" and the "Valid thru 06/93", I would have preferred something more custom-friendly that would allow you to put/slide your own picture and name onto it.

Unless of course it is designed with that in mind.

BTW didn't notice it before but I'm glad you guys changed Harding's shoulder patch from red to the proper yellow, bonus points for reflecting this with the patch in the Deluxe Edition.
  • edited November 2011
    My idea for them to have a "movie version" of their game proves to be a great idea thanks to this video of the gameplay footage. It just plays like a real film! If they had something like this, complete, for all levels, I'd be so damn happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae7DMI28NCE
  • edited November 2011
    Well this is an interesting addition:
    Welcome letter from John Hammond, creator of the theme park
    SOURCE: http://kotaku.com/5855453/telltale-unveils-jurassic-park-the-games-dino+riffic-deluxe-edition
  • edited November 2011
    That is rather interesting.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.