IGN Posts More Footage! It's niice.

2»

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Ehh, the fences were down for a while. Shouldn't take too much time for the predators to start roaming and feasting.
  • edited August 2011
    The paddock of Velociraptors is not original, is very different to the film. this will be another?.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4Iwjcg731NKYVZwsNw2SoWF2Zd9JaavMmgYu_o8RQ9wXvMqzo
  • edited August 2011
    I don't think that's intended to be the raptor pen. After all, why would the raptors return TO it?
  • edited August 2011
    No, they're not coming out of the enclosure, they're jumping into one.

This doesn't make sense. Why would a dinosaur enclosure have stairs and hand rails?
  • edited August 2011
    Did I say it was a dinosaur enclosure?
  • edited August 2011
    Did I say it was a dinosaur enclosure?

I'm gonna say it's a perimeter fence around something, like the Safari Lodge or another visitor compound.
  • edited August 2011
    Yet another game with static eyes.

Same reason why Batman - Arkham Asylum event conversations didn't look good.
  • edited August 2011
    In any case, the raptors ARE jumping into it. :p Which means this occurs after the raptors escaped, OR there are more raptors out in the park.

There are without a doubt, more Raptors in the park. Not only was that the truth in the book, but in the movie when Grant is inspecting that nest with Tim and Lex, take a good look at the tracks in the sand. Those are Raptor tracks.
  • edited August 2011
    there are actually some gameplay-pix from pax prime that reveal the mysterious paddock. or to say at least what's inside.
    6085361845_c8c7001066_b.jpg

6085361891_5270104d7a_b.jpg

and here are the rest of this photostream:
    6085361721_c75466da43_b.jpg
    6085361777_e4b6034f4f_b.jpg
    6085909572_9ea9abb9a7_b.jpg
    6085909618_caa6894e69_b.jpg
    6085909660_97ca73be91_b.jpg
    6085909702_411c1085f6_b.jpg
    6085362149_fa419f35e2_b.jpg
    6085909820_fa1d7b6959_b.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    Woah. o.O That's insane! To me personally I think it's a storage house that they had to get into but since the electricity is off the raptors were able to jump the fence. What do you guys think were those Red and Black looking raptors that were staring up at the rollercoaster??? I couldn't figure it out.
  • edited August 2011
    shamuboy wrote: »
    Woah. o.O That's insane! To me personally I think it's a storage house that they had to get into but since the electricity is off the raptors were able to jump the fence. What do you guys think were those Red and Black looking raptors that were staring up at the rollercoaster??? I couldn't figure it out.

Herrerasaurus. Its almost certain. Or has it been confirmed?
  • edited August 2011
    Its been coirmed.that they are Herrerasaurus
  • edited August 2011
    Could be something like an automated feeding station, maybe a monitoring station. Really though i am at a loss as to what it is in the scenes with the raptors. Geothermal power station is another guess. Um Lemme think here.... Too many possibilities. And of course if its anything remotely utilitarian, why is it fenced in the middle of nowhere and not next to the visitor / command buildings... Thought way too much about this :P
  • edited August 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuLLbGs79ms

Here's another video. Its main focus is the Nedry's Clearing demo we've seen before. But it does show part of the demo from the raptor sequence. Shows Harding caring for a Parasaur before being attacked by raptors which eventually ends with Harding, Jess, and Dr. Sorkin atop the tower waving for help at a helicopter. You don't get to see what happens in between those two events however.
  • edited August 2011
    Nice find. Definitely seems like a tense moment in the game. On a different note, it's nice to see that the lip synch is a lot more fluid than it was in the videos at E3 rather than being so stiff.
  • edited August 2011
    It doesn't look like they kept with the movie design of the parasaurs. There isn't enough blue or green on the skin.
  • edited August 2011
    It doesn't look like they kept with the movie design of the parasaurs. There isn't enough blue or green on the skin.

I noticed that too. It looks more like the design seen in The Lost World
  • edited August 2011
    I noticed that too. It looks more like the design seen in The Lost World

I don't mind that. After all when you think of a Parasaurolophus, you think TLW Parasaur. Its more iconic that way so I don't mind. Although I'm sure some film canon folks aren't loving it...
  • edited August 2011
    Well if you look at the mural in the dining room, its very similar to what you see in TLW. Its just more of a greenish blue rather than the tan and red
  • edited August 2011
    Well if you look at the mural in the dining room, its very similar to what you see in TLW. Its just more of a greenish blue rather than the tan and red

True. But the raptor in that mural was coloured differently from the one's in the film as well - it had green skin instead of being brown. I don't mind that the parasaurs are coloured more like they were in TLW and JP3. No one really got to see them up close in the first film anyway, so chances are people are gonna be more used to seeing the parasaurs the way they were from the second film onwards.
  • edited August 2011
    True. But the raptor in that mural was coloured differently from the one's in the film as well - it had green skin instead of being brown. I don't mind that the parasaurs are coloured more like they were in TLW and JP3. No one really got to see them up close in the first film anyway, so chances are people are gonna be more used to seeing the parasaurs the way they were from the second film onwards.
    Well for the film canon folks I'm just gonna say that one was a male that changed it's sex in the park, I don't mind it too much either, I mean some fans don't even recall Paras being in Jurassic park half the time. And you're right when you think of paras you think of TLW ones.
  • edited August 2011
    20110829-gccuqgbt7g82q7pw7kmfj1w5gh.jpg

Why no Mac logo? O__o
  • edited August 2011
    Well for the film canon folks I'm just gonna say that one was a male that changed it's sex in the park, I don't mind it too much either, I mean some fans don't even recall Paras being in Jurassic park half the time. And you're right when you think of paras you think of TLW ones.

Well I don't know if it would work that way. Cause most peole now theorize that the raptors were breeding and therefore changing sex. Yet all the raptors seen in the game are colored female. This either means, telltale decided to make them female. Or when they change sex they don't necesarily change their colorations. As apposed to a natural born male animal. But who knows?
  • edited August 2011
    piccobello wrote: »
    20110829-gccuqgbt7g82q7pw7kmfj1w5gh.jpg

Why no Mac logo? O__o

is it being released for the mac?
  • edited August 2011
    ok yeah it is being released for the mac lol, thats weird that its not on the poster.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.