IGN Posts More Footage! It's niice.

edited August 2011 in Jurassic Park
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/08/26/jurassic-park-the-game-action-montage

Finally some raptor footage, and a visit from a FEW new characters.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kag-YDnYWF8

YouTube for those like me that either a.) Hate IGN's video player or b.) Have a slow connection.
  • edited August 2011
    Beat me to it. lol Just got off of work and saw it on IGN. I freaked. It all looks very good.
  • edited August 2011
    I recognize Billy Yoder, I'm guessing the blonde woman might even be Dr. Sorkin? But who's the hairy pirate raptor hunter? Must be on the team of mercenaries..
  • edited August 2011
    Oh my god ... It's .. REALLY AWESOME OMG !!!

Telltale, THANK FOR MAKING THIS GAME !
  • edited August 2011
    It looks much, much better than a few months ago!! GREAT!!! *_*
  • edited August 2011
    That's some awesome footage!

I also wonder if the blonde woman is Dr. Sorkin. By her stating that she knew the dinosaurs had gotten out somehow, establishes that she may be an InGen employee of some sort, and we know there is a journal that likely regards the animals or island. It seems like a good fit to me.
  • edited August 2011
    i think nima dies for real in the game cuz there is the one shot of the rex grabbing her leg and swinging her into its mouth, other than that the game looks ssssssoooooooo AWESOME!!!!!!! I really hope this is a probable story for JP4 if it is then yipee! i think this game would be a perfect idea for jp4 especially after seeing the montage. Thank You Telltale so so so so much:D:D:D:D
  • edited August 2011
    Wow, finally some footage that doesnt only produce concerns! The trailer is awesome, VERY good Raptor-model, this does really start to feel like real Jurassic Park. Like the idea of going inside the Raptor pen!

But hopefully telltale doesnt show too much with these trailers and screenshots. I dont wanna know everything that comes before I even played the game
  • edited August 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    i think nima dies for real in the game cuz there is the one shot of the rex grabbing her leg and swinging her into its mouth, other than that the game looks ssssssoooooooo AWESOME!!!!!!! I really hope this is a probable story for JP4 if it is then yipee! i think this game would be a perfect idea for jp4 especially after seeing the montage. Thank You Telltale so so so so much:D:D:D:D
    Might just be one of the failed button prompts.
  • edited August 2011
    That was so crazy lol, So buying it, i saw the roadways when the helicopter flew over, tell tale totally used the park map, if thats the way the rest of the game looks i cant wait for the jurassic park aquarium
  • edited August 2011
    Might just be one of the failed button prompts.

I was thinking that, too. But, sometimes for a good story to have an impact, you need to lose a vital character. TellTale did say they were going for a more serious, dramatic role with this game.
  • edited August 2011
    well, I can die happy now.

Raptors look amazing.
  • edited August 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    well, I can die happy now.

Raptors look amazing.

right there with ya
  • edited August 2011
    You know, some of the people animations may be stiff, but DAMN the raptors are smooth! And the T-rex's roar is confirmed fixed!
  • edited August 2011
    The game is looking great

Though i hope that "big cat"(im not sure which big cat it is they used) snarl/roar is just for the video and not the game, i know the t-rex in the first hp had some clear lion snarling going on when chewing up the cars, but that was a different sound effect, the one used in the video is just really out of place.
  • edited August 2011
    i must say im liking the music it is very good and i think it kinda matches with the over all jp feel.:D
  • edited August 2011
    This has absolutely made my day. I didn't think I could get more excited for this game but I'm definitely wrong.
  • edited August 2011
    Two Words...EPIC WIN!!
  • edited August 2011
  • edited August 2011
    cool but i want to see what telltale is gonna post on the blogs
  • edited August 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    cool but i want to see what telltale is gonna post on the blogs

What do you mean?
  • edited August 2011
    i mean this was just a youtubers vid post that u couldnt hear it was a rough sound so there for i am waiting for better quality videos from telltale
  • edited August 2011
    I either live under a rock or teenagers these days have excessive egocentrism but I can't call the game's graphics "bad". All I can say is: superb!
  • edited August 2011
    im not frigging doubting the games graphics orgameplay i mean u cant hear a thing on the video. i am not doubting the game in fact i am gonna buy it when it comes out i already put money down for preorder at gamestop. and the game looks really exciting and if u would read previous posts u would realize i said some very good things about the game and the videoi am saying this abt is the one that shows the PAX booth with people playing like a five second demo
  • edited August 2011
    FPug wrote: »

NICE NICE NICE NICE!

CANT WAAAAAAAAIT omg omg ^^
  • edited August 2011
    Because I have a tendency to watch new videos of games I'm interested in over and over, I noticed something. When they show the rex attacking Harding in the visitor's center and he bites that rail, his nostrils twitch! That's some attention to detail there!
  • edited August 2011
    I noticed that in the PAX video. There's Jess, Harding, and the scientist lady(dr. sorkin), but no NIMA, atop the water tower thing(with raptors below them) waving for help when the helicopter loses control and spirals down.
  • edited August 2011
    mannyguy1 wrote: »
    I noticed that in the PAX video. There's Jess, Harding, and the scientist lady(dr. sorkin), but no NIMA, atop the water tower thing(with raptors below them) waving for help when the helicopter loses control and spirals down.

I'm hoping that either-
    1. Nima getting picked up by the Rex is what happens if you're not quick enough in a QTE sequence.

OR

2. She could pull an Ian Malcom and just have two horribly broken legs. And come out alive in the end....cause I really like Nima Telltale....don't kill her. :C
  • edited August 2011
    has anytone tried to chronologically sequence the scenes we already know about?
    I assume its:
    1. Nima and Miles vs Dilophosaurs in Nedry's Clearing
    2. Nima attacked by Troodon
    --at some point Harding finds Nima
    3. Harding, Jess, Nima vs T-rex vs Triceratops
    4. Harding and Jess vs T-rex in Visitors center
    5. Harding, Jess, and Nima vs Herrerasaurs in "Bone Shaker" rollercoaster
    -they find sorkin
    6. Nima dies is separated from Harding and Jess
    7. Harding, Jess, Sorkin end up atop the tower

Now Nima gets attacked by the T-rex in the same location that Harding is being chased by the Raptors. So maybe this sequence takes place around the same time. Which is when they either get separated or Nima dies.

At some point after or before losing Nima they find Dr. Sorkin. Maybe before since Sorkin might have been the one to tell Jess and Harding to go get the cure for Nima's bite inside the vistors center.

Eventually the raptors chase attack Harding, Jess, and Sorkin and they end up trapped atop the tower waving at the incoming copter. Which we can assume it holds the mercenaries including billy yoder and the bearded man.

Billy eventually is attacked by a dilophosaur, the bearded mercenary eventually hides from a raptor indoors somewhere, Billy eventually meets up with/saves Sorkin and yells "you knew about this." Which we can almost assume at this point that Harding, and Jess might be with them too having been saved by them from atop the tower?
  • edited August 2011
    mannyguy1 wrote: »
    has anytone tried to chronologically sequence the scenes we already know about?
    I assume its:
    1. Nima and Miles vs Dilophosaurs in Nedry's Clearing
    2. Nima attacked by Troodon
    --at some point Harding finds Nima
    3. Harding, Jess, Nima vs T-rex vs Triceratops
    4. Harding and Jess vs T-rex in Visitors center
    5. Harding, Jess, and Nima vs Herrerasaurs in "Bone Shaker" rollercoaster

Now Nima gets attacked by the T-rex in the same location that Harding is being chased by the Raptors. So maybe this sequence takes place around the same time. Which is when they either get separated or Nima dies.

At some point after or before losing Nima they find Dr. Sorkin.

Eventually the raptors chase attack Harding, Jess, and Sorkin and they end up trapped atop the tower waving at the incoming copter. Which we can assume it holds the mercenaries including billy yoder and the bearded man.

Billy eventually is attacked by a dilophosaur, the bearded mercenary eventually hides from a raptor indoors somewhere, Billy eventually meets up with/saves Sorkin and yells "you knew about this." Which we can almost assume at this point that Harding, and Jess might be with them too having been saved by them from atop the tower?

Nima certainly dont die on that T-Rex attack, thats most likely a failed QTE, cause telltale or IGN wouldnt be so stupid and spoil such an important plot point. She rather seperates from the others and search another way off the island with the Barbasol can
  • edited August 2011
    Sadonicus wrote: »
    Nima certainly dont die on that T-Rex attack, thats most likely a failed QTE, cause telltale or IGN wouldnt be so stupid and spoil such an important plot point. She rather seperates from the others and search another way off the island with the Barbasol can

Right I was thinking she just gets separated or leaves too, but I just added it there cause it could be a possibility. I probably very unlikely one at that...
  • edited August 2011
    It looks really good now. I wonder what fence it was te raptors were climbing over.
  • edited August 2011
    I'm still curious as to whether there are other raptors on the island, or if those are the same ones from the pen. The timeline is somewhat unclear at this point.
  • edited August 2011
    I'm still curious as to whether there are other raptors on the island, or if those are the same ones from the pen. The timeline is somewhat unclear at this point.

The newest video shows what appears to be the Raptors escaping from their enclosure, so perhaps that scene occurs after Arnold shuts down the power systems, but before Muldoon and Sattler walk past the Raptor pen. However, any rescue copter wouldn't arrive (and crash) until after Hammond is able to call the main land.

So, are the Raptors at the tower the same that escape from the pen and attack Grant, Sattler and the kids? Or, are we seeing Raptors that may have escaped into the wilderness much earlier in the park's history, which the supposed Dr. Sorkin may be hinting at?

Also, I'm just speculating here, but the photo of the T-Rex attacking the helicopter could be what leads to the crash.
  • edited August 2011
    How come it says at the side the release date is Sept 30th? But on the video it says Nov 15th. o.O
  • edited August 2011
    The game looks freakin amazing, if its as good as it looks it definetaly gonna b in my top 3 Jurassic Park games fighting for second place against JPOG (#1 Trespasser forever!!!!).
    shamuboy wrote: »
    How come it says at the side the release date is Sept 30th? But on the video it says Nov 15th. o.O

Haha, yes I just noticed this too, and according to the video I just saw, they already have atleast Ep3 on their playable game at PAX so It looks like they may be almost done or done. I think you guys should just give it up on Sept 30th!!! (except Alan already confirmed that its not Sept 30th so nvm)
  • edited August 2011
    trocks wrote: »
    The newest video shows what appears to be the Raptors escaping from their enclosure, so perhaps that scene occurs after Arnold shuts down the power systems, but before Muldoon and Sattler walk past the Raptor pen. However, any rescue copter wouldn't arrive (and crash) until after Hammond is able to call the main land.

So, are the Raptors at the tower the same that escape from the pen and attack Grant, Sattler and the kids? Or, are we seeing Raptors that may have escaped into the wilderness much earlier in the park's history, which the supposed Dr. Sorkin may be hinting at?

Also, I'm just speculating here, but the photo of the T-Rex attacking the helicopter could be what leads to the crash.

No, they're not coming out of the enclosure, they're jumping into one.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2751&d=1314479395
  • edited August 2011
    No, they're not coming out of the enclosure, they're jumping into one.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2751&d=1314479395

If you'll notice, they're actually in a compound of some kind. Maybe that's where they go to get to safety for the rescue. After all, there are walls on all sides from what I can see.
  • edited August 2011
    FPug wrote: »
    If you'll notice, they're actually in a compound of some kind. Maybe that's where they go to get to safety for the rescue. After all, there are walls on all sides from what I can see.

In any case, the raptors ARE jumping into it. :p Which means this occurs after the raptors escaped, OR there are more raptors out in the park.
  • edited August 2011
    In any case, the raptors ARE jumping into it. :p Which means this occurs after the raptors escaped, OR there are more raptors out in the park.

Yeah, and with Telltale's addition of new predators I guess we can see that security wasn't too concerned with anything but the Rex and the Raptors..........even though there are Herrerasaurs ready to chomp down on the passengers of the Bone Shaker.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.