Hector Episode 2 Mac Flickering

edited March 2012 in Game Support
When I downloaded Hector Episode 1 back in April, the Mac version had a problem with flickering on newer Macs with the 330/320 graphics chipset. Upon getting Episode 2 today, I am finding the exact same problem.

Anyone else?

Comments

• edited September 2011
    I'm having the same issue. Emailed Support, and no response.
  • edited September 2011
    Same here!!! there is no solution for this problem telltale??
  • edited September 2011
    They fixed it after some wait the last time, a pity they couldn't get it right right away this time around.
  • edited September 2011
    I can't believe episode 2 suffers from the exact same gamebraking (imo) bug as episode 1 -_-
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24457

Do Telltale devs not commit their patches or what?

(oh and please let us know when it's fixed this time)
  • edited September 2011
    DarthBo wrote: »
    I can't believe episode 2 suffers from the exact same gamebraking (imo) bug as episode 1 -_-
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24457

Do Telltale devs not commit their patches or what?

(oh and please let us know when it's fixed this time)

Second that!
  • edited September 2011
    I'm testing it on a mac here. I'll let you guys know what I find out.
  • edited September 2011
    Nice to see a Telltale team member is looking into it. For reference, I'm on a mid-2010 Mac Mini with the NVIDIA GeForce 320M card, and this is the exact same symptoms I had with Hector 1 initially, and that was fixed a few days after release.
  • edited September 2011
    choobs wrote: »
    Nice to see a Telltale team member is looking into it. For reference, I'm on a mid-2010 Mac Mini with the NVIDIA GeForce 320M card, and this is the exact same symptoms I had with Hector 1 initially, and that was fixed a few days after release.

We're working on a patch right now. I will update this thread when I know anything else.
  • edited September 2011
    Guys we're still working on it and checking episode 3 for this error too. Sorry it's taking so long.
  • edited September 2011
    Ok, I am still waiting for the patch to play episode 2. Good thing to know there is going to be an answer.
  • edited September 2011
    By the way, can you announce when the patch is ready?
  • edited September 2011
    We'll definitely let you know. It's still being worked on, but hopefully it'll be ready soon.
  • edited September 2011
    So... episode 3 has been released.
    Does that mean the bug is fixed, or did you release episode 3 with the bug as well, hoping to fix it later? :s
  • edited September 2011
    DarthBo wrote: »
    So... episode 3 has been released.
    Does that mean the bug is fixed, or did you release episode 3 with the bug as well, hoping to fix it later? :s

Episode 3 won't work either. We're trying to figure out why the fix worked for 1 and not for the other two.
  • edited September 2011
    gosh... how long do you think it will take them to finish the patch for both episode 2 and 3? It´s really hard for me to know I have new games and not being able to play them...
  • edited September 2011
    Another week has passed, surely you should have been able to fix it by now?
  • edited October 2011
    Sorry, everyone. Things are extremely busy here right now, which is what's causing the delay with this fix. All I can tell you for sure is that this issue is definitely still on our radar, and we absolutely plan to fix it. Hopefully it will happen soon, but a lot of our resources are tied up with other stuff right now.

Sorry again. Thanks for your patience!
  • edited October 2011
    "Hey everyone. Remember how you can't play the games you paid for, and how we said we were working on it? Yeah... we aren't. We plan on fixing it though, one day, when we find the time."

nice
  • edited October 2011
    Oh my god... no planning on gaming for me in a long time. Would the JP game experience the same flickering issues? you can tell me so I won´t buy it... I only played telltale games at this moment of my life since I only own macs and adventure games is my genre, please, try to fix any mac issues, PLEASE...
  • edited October 2011
    Caleb - do you have a proposed timeline for this fix? A week, two weeks? A month??
  • edited October 2011
    How can this still not be fixed?
  • edited October 2011
    Well... it seems they don´t care about this problem since they have the release of the JP game soon, all the efforts to the dinosaurs. Ok with me, but they should hire someone for this stuff too!!!
  • edited October 2011
    Why is it taking months to fix this?

Telltale is the only company that I truly respect. I like a lot of companies but Telltale is the only company that's shown that they truly care more about their fans than they care about profit. Leaving this bug unfixed and seemingly forgetting about it is really disappointing me, because I know you guys are better than this.
  • edited October 2011
    Ok... the JP game has a scheduled release so the game must be ready, even with a deluxe edition, why there hasn´t been a solution to this problem?? they must have someone dealing with this...
  • edited November 2011
    Now... I just pre-ordered JP game, again! I am a faithful fan... I think we deserve now the fix for this Hector - Mac - flickering problem!! right?...

RIGHT??

Is there anybody out there?
  • edited November 2011
    I'm feeling overlooked and forgotten.
  • edited November 2011
    Can someone please tell us the status of this issue??? Even if it's that attention to it has been limited because of more important issues to telltale (most likely related to JP), I would still like to know something. It's pretty maddening checking this thread once and a while for an update and there being nothing. Just my 2 cents.
  • edited November 2011
    The issue is definitely being investigated here. I'm sorry, I don't have an ETA on a patch, but it hasn't been forgotten.
  • edited November 2011
    Finally! So this thread is not forgotten! I played Jurassic Park and as an adventure old gamer I was not fully satisfied with the results, the story was great but the gameplay and the so little puzzles gave me a huge letdown... I was on the side of the easy bttf stuff but JP was... just too much.

So... I really want to play Hector for the first time on my mac, I was really enjoying that one so I can renew my faith on the adventure genre and the telltale company. That´s how important the fix of this issue is.
  • edited December 2011
    Next week is christmas time and we don´t have a patch for this issue... care to give us that "gift" after we purchased the game?
  • edited January 2012
    Is it anybody out there? Is it anybody out there???
  • edited January 2012
    You guys have known about this issue for about five months, is this really that complicated of a bug?

I mean, how can it take you guys this long to get around to it?
  • edited January 2012
    Clock is ticking... time is passing... no problem solved... feeling sad...
  • edited January 2012
    This is getting nothing short of ridiculous, we've paid for a game we cannot play.
  • edited January 2012
    Caleb - updates please!
  • edited January 2012
    The horror... no fix for this problem yet... the horror...
  • edited February 2012
    Seriously?? Not even a response from Caleb or Michael Parks? Are you giving us the cold shoulder?
  • edited February 2012
    No, I'm sorry, but I don't have any new information to pass along in regards to the patch. I know they're aware of the issue, but I haven't been given an ETA on it yet. I definitely apologize for the inconvenience.
  • edited February 2012
    Michael, why is this not a priority? It's been nearly ONE YEAR since this issue was first reported in this thread: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24470. The games we paid for are completely unusable at this point for many of us, and I'm sure many more who aren't reporting it via these forums.

Seriously, how long can this take? The complete lack of support your company offers is appalling.
  • edited February 2012
    No, I'm sorry, but I don't have any new information to pass along in regards to the patch. I know they're aware of the issue, but I haven't been given an ETA on it yet. I definitely apologize for the inconvenience.

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. You can't just keep saying "We have no ETA but we're aware of it" for this long. This is a bug that is bad enough that people aren't playing the game, and it should be relatively simple to fix.

With a somewhat small developer like Telltale, the goodwill of the fans is what makes or breaks you. Leaving fans waiting for a year on something like this doesn't make them very happy to spend more money on your games.

I get that you might be short on hands right now, but this should really be a priority, and it's clear that it's not.
This discussion has been closed.