Can I unlock Hector on multiple machines?

DjuDju
edited September 2011 in Hector: Badge of Carnage
I just bought the full season and I was looking at my purchases when I saw that in order to play the game I needed an internet connection for a one-time activation.

Now this is perfectly fine with me, but I was wondering if there was a limit to the amount of times my game could be activated.

In my case, I am planning to install it on my office laptop for long trips and also on my home computer, so that would be two activations, would that be possible?

Also, my home computer is getting an upgrade during the holiday season, and I might need to change my office laptop early next year, which would amount to 2 more activations.

Would the above scenario be feasible?

Disclaimer: I searched the forums for an answer to this, but maybe I just suck at searching forums in which case I apologize.

Comments

• edited September 2011
    I don't see any reason why not. Try it and see! You can certainly download multiple times and install over the top of an existing installation. What it does on a 2nd machine, I couldn't tell you. My guess is you'll be prompted for your forum login (as is normal now) and you'll be in.
  • edited September 2011
    I believe Telltale's games have a ridiculously large activation limit (somewhere in the dozens), so you should be fine for quite a few computers.
  • DjuDju
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the reassuring words, I'll install it on both computers and see what happens :)

Now I only need an efficient way of swapping the save games between computers :p
  • edited September 2011
    Dju wrote: »
    Thanks for the reassuring words, I'll install it on both computers and see what happens :)

Now I only need an efficient way of swapping the save games between computers :p

Step 1: Find where the saves are stored for each OS

Step 2: Memory stick, camera, phone, mp3 player, email to yourself, LAN, VPN, CD-RW, anything
  • edited September 2011
    I haven't tried this myself, but it looks fairly simple:

http://www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/DeltaCopy.jsp

It's built on top of rsynch, which would be the obvious choice for synchronizing save games between two linux machines.
  • DjuDju
    edited September 2011
    @tbm1986: Yeah, I was thinking about a way to kinda automate this. Not saying I'm lazy or anything :p
    BTW, you forgot Step 3: profit

@flesk: At a first glance it looks a bit overkill for just savegames, but i'll definitely look into this, thanks!
  • edited September 2011
    If you want it automated, an oversimplified way would be to use an MS-DOS batch file or a Unix equivalent for Mac OS or Linux. I could write one in 10 minutes. You'd still need a removable drive, though. The main problem is you would need to interact where an identical filename exists. Forgotten how (un)sophisticated each console is regarding mentioning which is newer.
  • edited September 2011
    With UNIX/Linux, there is a comparison command to determine if one file is older, usable (for most shells) with the if statement (like FILE1 -ot FILE2).

For MS-DOS, I believe xcopy has a flag that can let you copy files only if they are newer than the destination. Type xcopy /? for full details.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.