A season one poster like thingy

edited August 2009 in Sam & Max
Like I already said in this topic, I'm thinking about making a big poster with all the characters from season one on it. See it as a 'thank you' for Telltale :)
I just made a list with who's on it and stuff... Maybe you guys can see if i forgot someone or if you have a good picture (or concept art, I love concept art) from a character, show me :D

So far I did three sketches:
Sam - Not too hard to draw but I do have to work on the body.
Max - pretty hard to draw, the roundness of the face is something I have to work on
The Soda Poppers - fun to draw, I don't think these guys will be a problem.

Anyway, here's the list with characters I have so far:

1 Sam
2 Max
3 Mr Spatula
4 Hubert the plant
5 Bosco
6 Sybil
7 Jimmy Two-Teeth
8 Peepers
9 Specs
10 Whizzer
11 Brady Culture
12 The Director
13 Myra Stump
14 Philo Pennyworth
15 Bessie
16 Hugh Bliss
17 Leonard Steakcharmer
18 Toy mafia bear
19 Harry Moleman
20 Abraham Lincoln
21 The President
22 Superball
23 Chuckles
24 The Internet
25 C.O.P.S. 1
26 C.O.P.S 2
27 C.O.P.S 3
28 C.O.P.S 4
29 Skinbody
30 Blue Slime (from Reality 2.0)

Comments

• edited April 2007
    have you got the sam and max sketchbook? it shows you how to draw sam and max
  • edited April 2007
    No I'm afraid I haven't.
    At the moment I'm a bit short on money :p but when that problem is solved (by maybe robbing a bank or two or something) it'll be the first thing I'm buying.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Those are some nice sketches! You're doing well, even without the sketchbook. :D

Can't wait to see what you come up with!
  • edited April 2007
    Yeah, I'm liking the sketches, too. Keep up the good work (and keep posting more sketches)! :cool:
  • edited April 2007
    Thanks guys :)

I just finished some more character sketches featuring Bosco, Sybil, Jimmy, Hugh, Leonard and a Toy Mafia bear.
    Hugh Bliss is harder than I thought so I 'Junafied' (yes, that's now officially a word) him a bit... he still needs some work...

I only got the concept art of Bosco, Sybil and Hugh. Bosco and Sybil helped a lot but the one of Hugh doesn't really look like the ingame version anymore. Or it's just me...

Anyway, here's the new sketch:
    Click me, I'm a link!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Looking nice!
  • edited April 2007
    Haha, I rather like the Junafied Hugh Bliss. Keep it up! :D
  • edited April 2007
    Pretty good stuff! :D
  • edited April 2007
    Love your Jimmy! :)
    And the other ones look cool too...
  • edited April 2007
    Loved the sketches. You forgot Antie-Biotic (or does she look exact the same as Myra, can't remember) And then theres the fox at sybils office..

Keep up the good work :D
  • edited April 2007
    Very nice sketches! :)
  • edited April 2007
    Jostein wrote: »
    You forgot Antie-Biotic (or does she look exact the same as Myra, can't remember) And then theres the fox at sybils office..

Yeah she looks exactly like Myra so I'm not adding her, it would look weird...
    The fox is a possibility, I'm not sure yet. Tomorrow I'll work on a lay out, who stands were and stuff...
  • edited April 2007
    look great man!
  • edited April 2007
    Thank ye :)

Just finished a sketch of the man with the 'fro

I really like these characters, they're fun to draw. Already looking forward to the new ones in season two :)
  • edited April 2007
    I just that Hugh Bliss fellow! You've really done me.... er... him... proud!
    :)
  • edited April 2007
    A very quick sketch of Philo

Any groovy 'requests'? :p
  • MelMel
    edited April 2007
    Have you done Jimmy yet?
  • edited April 2007
    These are really good! I like that fact that your own style kinda shines through in each of them!
  • edited April 2007
    Hmm...interesting! Not bad, not bad! Go on with your sketches!
  • edited April 2007
    I really like your sketches. they are pretty neat. but i have to say hugh looks in your more on drugs than in the games. But its good that way.
  • edited April 2007
    I like the Sam on the left, brady culture is excellent, but when I see what you can do, I believe you can do a more more more parano style Bosco (but the main shape is there :)) I also really like your Jimmy two teeth, great hugh bliss (but too enthusiast, I think he's higher than that, try another drugs on him :p), good teddy bear mafia, no problem with sybil, same for leonardo. Philo's good too. I think it would be better to have a soda popper in cafeine rush if you can draw that, a one crying in a puddle pool, and the third with big eayes, watching us ^^

Too bad I don't draw anymore, since two years, and I lost everything (I'm no artist, so only work on and on in an art school was giving me a bit of "talent"), but if I can reach enough time, I'll cut your draws and try to have a great agencement between the sketch to better see what to put, where and how in the poster :)

Keep on this very good job :)
  • edited April 2007
    Thanks guys :)

I agree on that Hugh Bliss on drugs, he looks better on the poster now

Since the announcement of a certain contest, I immediately started drawing on a huge piece of paper (the scanning proces should be fun enough to keep me busy for a while). I have to add a few more characters, then it's ready for the big scan. I accidentally drew the character a bit too big so now it's gonna be a challege to fit the remaining characters in it... but it should be okay...

Anyway, here's a little tease in crap-quality-5000©:
    picture1vm1.jpg

UPDATE
    Allrighty then, it's done now :)
    Average Wallpaper size:
    sammaxseasononewallpapeiu8.th.jpg

Super Duper High-Res:
    sammaxseasononehighreslq6.th.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Whoa how'd I miss that this was done? Awesome! You should enter it in the contest!
  • edited April 2007
    I already did :)

I had to edit the post, otherwise I'd dubblepost :p
  • edited April 2007
    that looks great
  • edited April 2007
    :O Wow! If that was for sale, I'd buy it! Not all the characters are picture perfect, but you really captured Superball's smugness and the internet's chip design :D (not to say the others aren't well done, but those 2 really stand out)

If I had to point out a flaw though, it'd be that Sam looks just a tad too Doug TenNapel-ish.
  • edited April 2007
    hehe thanks
    I had no idea who Doug TenNapel was, until I googled him. It's actually not a bad thing :)
    I'm a perfectionist so when I see a drawing I made the day before, I already have a lot I want to change.

Oh err... and about the Internet chipset... that one's not made by me... :p it was the last character I had to finish and it was late so I took the easy way out by placing my internet face over a screenshot one... but hey... it fooled you, so it served it's purpose :p
  • edited April 2007
    Then you went and admitted it :P

Now that I think about it, TenNapel would be right at home in the Sam n' Max universe :D
  • edited April 2007
    Great job! :D
  • edited April 2007
    Woaw!! That's really good stuff! Nice! :)
  • edited April 2007
    great job! its really cool! but i dont recognize some of the characters. could be that there are characters from episode 6 in the poster i think.

but i liked your drugged hugh. im sure this guy has taken some stuff. i wish i could draw such sketches
  • edited April 2007
    It all seems to be episode 1-5 characters. The moleman's in his costume from what I've seen of episode 6, but other than that, they're all from the first five.

Very good job, I like your style.
  • edited April 2007
    A+! Excellent job! I especially love the Brady Culture sketch :D
  • edited April 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    It all seems to be episode 1-5 characters. The moleman's in his costume from what I've seen of episode 6, but other than that, they're all from the first five.
    There are no new characters in Episode 6.
  • edited April 2007
    Nope, these are all the characters from season one. I left out the characters that look exactly like others (like Auntie Biotic)
  • edited April 2007
    the only one I can't find, is good old Lou :) Who is Lou? The bowling ball, he only made apparence in the first episode. But I guess if you were going to include Lou you also had to include the lava lamp and the boxing glow... mmm... that smells like breakfast!
    edited April 2007
    does Lou only appear in episode 1
    ?
  • edited May 2007
    I only did living things (well, apart from the C.O.P.S. obviously...) so Hubert the plant and Mr Spatula did make it :)
  • edited May 2007
    Awesome. The only thing I was iffy on was that sam's eyes weren't quotation marks. I'd love to see more of your stuff. =)
  • edited May 2007
    Myeah on some of Steve's drawings they're quotations, and on others, they're not
Sign in to comment in this discussion.