Forum crashes

edited November 2011 in Site Support
Throughout my time here, the site has always been prone to a few crashes, particularly around game launches, but recently they seem to be increasing. Which is odd because I don't think there's a major game launch near. Usually when I try and access it in the mornings (around 9-11AM (UK time)) the site is either extremely slow, or will not load at all. Occasionally I get a grey page with a small broken page icon in the middle. Other times I get a page with a blue square with a V on it, saying database error. Other times I just get a white page which will try and load indefinately. I've tried it on multiple computers, both at home and in college.

Is anyone else noticing this? I thought it could be because they're doing work on the servers or something, but it would be, like midnight in Telltale Towers.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Friar wrote: »
    I thought it could be because they're doing work on the servers or something, but it would be, like midnight in Telltale Towers.

I believe that is indeed the case, hence why it occurs late Telltale time.
  • edited October 2011
    So they have nocturns that come in and do stuff? Or is server maintenance automated? What does it involve anyway?

It's not a big issue for me anyway. I just wasn't sure if ttg were aware of the potential issue, as it'd been going on for a while.
  • edited October 2011
    I believe the server maintenance is automated. I know the forum goes down for me about 3:00am to about 4:30 am.
  • edited November 2011
    Why there is AGAIN Database error on your forum and website? AGAIN and AGAIN! Damn, cuold you people rapair this? I wrote about this few months ago and still nothing!
  • edited November 2011
    The server maintinence is daily. TT tries to do it in the middle of the night for US customers, but that will ALWAYS mean its daytime in Europe.
  • edited November 2011
    Yes, and when I want to read forum, order smth, open my cart, I can't always do it in the morning (EU zone). Please stop it, I don't know any other website from USA that doesn't work in EU in the morning. Why Amazon.com can work all day without breaks?
This discussion has been closed.