Are you going to rehost the blog post that lists the Jurassic Park Achievements?

edited October 2011 in Jurassic Park
It showed up on my Google Reader today and it seemed to be taken down by the time I got off work. Any idea when they would come back up?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    04Ns9.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    woah sorkin tries to release the mosasaur!!!???
    WTF?
  • edited October 2011
    WHOA! Spoiler tags their buddy.
  • edited October 2011
    ??????? This one sounds really weird.
  • edited October 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    WHOA! Spoiler tags their buddy.

oh my bad
  • edited October 2011
    Interesting. I was hoping the achievement would reveal more dinos...
  • edited October 2011
    is already too much that frees mosasaurs, hurt him, but then I would see if the game will be well-aimed quet choices, such as bone shakers.
    I wonder if they have used DNA to re-create mosasaurs dolphins or killer whales, this would explain the radar.
  • edited October 2011
    crochunter wrote: »
    is already too much that frees mosasaurs, hurt him, but then I would see if the game will be well-aimed quet choices, such as bone shakers.
    I wonder if they have used DNA to re-create mosasaurs dolphins or killer whales, this would explain the radar.

you cant splice reptillian and mamallian DNA, you would need medeator DNA from Permian era theraspids, cant be done
  • edited October 2011
    Spinky wrote: »
    ??????? This one sounds really weird.

Whatever, that one sounds like it's gonna be funny as hell.
    (As Jess stands cornered by a T-Rex) Jerry: Hey, Jess remember how I told you that T-Rex can't see you if you don't move? I lied, jump up and down waving your arms and yelling "Eat Me!!" like Agent K in Men in Black!
  • edited October 2011
    jurassic park is full of genetic errors, so it is not imposed that use DNA wrong, and then there are always signs of the error occurred, such as swimming t-former in the book due to the use of DNA crocodile, or the camouflage of carnotauro TLW in DNA due to the use of sepia.
    would be quite normal that the researchers use DNA wrong about mosasaurs and then here comes the radar.
  • edited October 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    you cant splice reptillian and mamallian DNA...cant be done

actually, it could be done. my guess is, if jurassic park was real, the geneticists would have access to an extensive library of genetic information. when in need of a splice, they would select a fragment from the library that would most prabobly fit the gap. in reality, any dna sequence could be used. of course, it's impossible to know exactly what is in a gap or how long it is, but the structure and function of the missing piece could be guessed with a fair degree of accuracy based on similar contexts in other organisms.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.