New JP:TG video from IGN reveals new dinos!

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/26/jurassic-park-the-game-return-trip

For those just wanting the quick list of dinos shown in this video, obviously T-rex, Velociraptor, Dilophosaurus, and then the newbies: Herrerasaurus shown off, as well as Pteranodons, Compsognathus(near the end), Mosasaur, and finally, a good look at the Troodons.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Cool Stuff. Glad to see the Pteranodons I was losing hope. Telltale really did their homework with this game. Now Pteranodons and Compies are confirmed on Nublar. Does that mean that the Mosasaur was not part of the 15 original species?

Also, Did troodon have protruding teeth like that?
  • edited October 2011
    Also, Did troodon have protruding teeth like that?
    Keep in mind these animals were engineered by man, and they might not be the intended final build of Troodon. There may be genetic errors, both behavioral and physical, leading to why they were still a secret. If that's the case, this game's story is really dishing out the goods.

On top of that, did anyone notice Samuel L Jackson's voice at the very beginning, announcing "Rated T for Teen?" Which by the way the game has "mild use of tobacco" hint hint? ;)
    If they even got him to do a few voice-overs (since he is the guy that's always on the intercom throughout the park) I'm pretty much gonna go nuts for this game.
  • edited October 2011
    What is the theory for Troodon having "luminscent" eyes like that. At nite it makes sense, but would they also look like that during the day?
  • edited October 2011
    Depends on lighting. You can't tell me that you've never noticed that eerie glow in a cat's eyes.
  • edited October 2011
    Right right. Thats what I mean, but it seems on all the shots the eyes look luminescent. I'm also not a fan of the protruding teeth. Nevertheless I'm still super excited.
  • edited October 2011
    As for the Pteranodons, I've got a theory on what they might've done here. After the power went out, the Pteranodons shown flying had somehow escaped from their cage at the "Pteratops lodge" (or whatever the movie canon's equivalent will be,) and that's all we'll really get to see from them. Just a fly by. Too many dinosaur attacks is really gonna bog down the story. As for why they appear to be the JPIII Pteranodons, well, hasn't InGen already proved how negligent they already are? Sure, we'll put the more dangerous animals in the park. They ARE in a cage, herp derp.

What would've been really cool, is if they were the TLW Pteranodons, and it's explained that they're probably migrating southwest towards the place of their birth. It's theorized that Pterasaurs did this exact thing when it was time to breed. This would bring them back to Isla Sorna, where they were hatched, and where we saw them flying free at the end of TLW.
  • edited October 2011
    The game definitely looks topnotch. Some daylight scenes, specially the outside of VC, look particulary great. The Troodon looks quite creepy, which I presume was the intending design and the mosasaur scenes gave me a "Deep Blue Sea" vibe which is definitely good.

I just think the raptors are too plain compared to the scenarios and the other dinosaurs. However I'm pretty sure that is due the low quality video.
  • edited October 2011
    Dr.Dino wrote: »
    The game definitely looks topnotch. Some daylight scenes, specially the outside of VC, look particulary great. The Troodon looks quite creepy, which I presume was the intending design and the mosasaur scenes gave me a "Deep Blue Sea" vibe which is definitely good.

I just think the raptors are too plain compared to the scenarios and the other dinosaurs. However I'm pretty sure that is due the low quality video.

Well, with the non-movie dinos like Herrerasaurus, Troodon, and Mosasaur, they could be a bit more elaborate. Not so much with the raptors.

I also noticed that in one shot, one of the raptors has a scar over his/her left eye.
  • edited October 2011
    Well, with the non-movie dinos like Herrerasaurus, Troodon, and Mosasaur, they could be a bit more elaborate. Not so much with the raptors.

With "plain" I didn't mean they're bland but actually too bright compared to the surroundings.
  • edited October 2011
    If Jared did the music for the video then it sounds amazing.
    If I'm a complete idiot and its actually John Williams then, it still sounds good.
  • edited October 2011
    MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOD!!!!!
    This is so genious! Really awesome! It got so many details and atmosphere, which hasnt any other JP game done yet. Cant wait, gnaaah!
    I also think Troodon looks amazingly great and scary (now, that we see them in light)
    I love you Telltale!

By the way:

"Rated T for Teen
    Use of Tobacco"
    There cant be underuse of tobacco in Jurassic Park :D
  • edited October 2011
    AndyCullen wrote: »
    As for the Pteranodons, I've got a theory on what they might've done here. After the power went out, the Pteranodons shown flying had somehow escaped from their cage at the "Pteratops lodge" (or whatever the movie canon's equivalent will be,) and that's all we'll really get to see from them. Just a fly by. Too many dinosaur attacks is really gonna bog down the story. As for why they appear to be the JPIII Pteranodons, well, hasn't InGen already proved how negligent they already are? Sure, we'll put the more dangerous animals in the park. They ARE in a cage, herp derp.

What would've been really cool, is if they were the TLW Pteranodons, and it's explained that they're probably migrating southwest towards the place of their birth. It's theorized that Pterasaurs did this exact thing when it was time to breed. This would bring them back to Isla Sorna, where they were hatched, and where we saw them flying free at the end of TLW.
    I'm fine with a fly-by. I'm just grateful they're in the park! That made my day! I love the pteranodons so much! I was like o_O when i saw they were JP3 Pteras but I don't mind that too much, they are the more dangerous species so from an action perspective I guess it makes sense, but you're probably right the only interaction will probably be a fly-by. You know they COULD be part of a game epilogue showing the Sorna pteras nesting on nublar 10 years later after JP3, but I highly doubt it. Mosasaurs, Troodons, & Herreras look great. COMPYS!! >:D This is going to be a great game! One of the best in the JP game history.
  • edited October 2011
    You know they COULD be part of a game epilogue showing the Sorna pteras nesting on nublar 10 years later after JP3, but I highly doubt it.

You know, I definitely thought of that, since they strongly resemble the three we saw flying away and the end of JPIII. It's a stretch, but I'd be down for it.
  • edited October 2011
    Great video,but it's a shame there is no stegosaurus in the game:(
  • edited October 2011
    TorQue wrote: »
    Great video,but it's a shame there is no stegosaurus in the game:(
    We don't know that for sure :) there's still time lol most likely they're not in it but I mean they're already confirmed as being on the island so there was really no pressing need to have them in the game. Still sad though.
  • edited October 2011
    Well we know there will be a Parasaurolophus in the game and they didn't show that in this scene and Gallimimus to? I think they focused on the action for this part of the game. I'm sure there are some beautiful looking valley scenes with Brach's and a bunch of Hadrosaurs and Trike's and other herbivores grazing and drinking from the river. If they didn't have at least one of of those scenes I don't think there could ever be a Jurassic Park game...
  • edited October 2011
    In the scene where the Mosasaur is ramming the Aquarium glass and sending the Dr. flying there is a map in the upper right corner of an island that is basically the same shape as Isla Sorna from the books! Lol I can't wait to see more of your hidden easter eggs Tell-tale. Well done! You are one of my favorite developers!
  • edited October 2011
    That was pretty cool.
  • edited October 2011
    I didn't see the video WHY?
  • edited October 2011
    It looks slightly better than the other trailers. The dilophosaur looks good, at least.

I'm still not convinced by the cartoony humans though.
  • edited October 2011
    Awsome video. Pretty spoilerish, but cool to finally get a good look at so many of the dinosaurs.
  • edited October 2011
    Billy Yoder is holding the can of embryos when he gets eaten by the T-Rex...I wonder what that's supposed to imply about his role.
  • edited October 2011
    The death montage part was very funny.:)

Cool video, can't wait for this game!
  • edited October 2011
    at 2:20 as the Raptor screaming to the mercenary with a beard, if Quard on the wall is a logo with the skull of a dinosaur thin and the name, but it is too far away to read it but I think it segisaurus.
  • edited October 2011
    crochunter wrote: »
    at 2:20 as the Raptor screaming to the mercenary with a beard, if Quard on the wall is a logo with the skull of a dinosaur thin and the name, but it is too far away to read it but I think it segisaurus.
    I can't tell what it is, it might not be a skull at all, but if they did happen to have a cameo for some of the species not seen it wouldn't suprise me :) I don't really care if we see all of the species alive on the island I just want to see small cameos like the embryos or pictures on the walls. I'm glad little Segi might be having a small honorable mention it's kinda sad that he won't be in the game. He is the last on the priority list after all.
  • edited October 2011
    crochunter wrote: »

If you zoom in and play it HD it looks like an arrow poiting on the right. Maybe not an arrow but it looks like it, definately not a skull. :P
  • edited October 2011
    Think I just may have just had a tiny joygasm.

PS: Did I just seen an adolescent T-Rex?!?
  • edited October 2011
    No I think it was the adult, as far as we know there is only one t-rex on nublar. where exactly.time??
  • edited October 2011
    Just that it looked from what I saw as half the size and different in colour...Maybe it was the perspective?
  • edited October 2011
    Probably perspective. I just don't see a second Rex being on the island. There's quite a few.dangers as it is so a second Tyrannosaur would be overkill.
  • edited October 2011
    I guess you're right, I nearly wet myself though at the thought that they squeezed the novel's second T-Rex in.

Although it goes against what John hammond said "we have a T-Rex"
  • edited October 2011
    T002Tyrant wrote: »
    I guess you're right, I nearly wet myself though at the thought that they squeezed the novel's second T-Rex in.

Although it goes against what John hammond said "we have a T-Rex"

thats kinda like someone asking me "do you have a dog?" i would say i do,

But I have 3 dogs. so a second trex....perhaps....it was in the toy line ( i bought one when i was like 6) ... and the novel doesnt even matter here so....

I found a Picture of the rex on full size..ill let you all decide on if its a juvi
  • edited October 2011
    The troodon in jurassic park the game is bigger when you actually see it because the one that attacked nima was smaller. And the compys kind of look like the dryosaurus from JPOG.
    And one more thing, wouldn't mosasaurus be the biggest meat eating creature in jurassic park since its 50 ft and spinosaurus is 49 ft? Oh and one MORE thing, The pteranodon looks like the ones from Jurassic park 3.
  • edited October 2011
    Im glad we got to see Troodon in the light... I was a little worried to tell you the truth.. but that brief shot put some of that to rest... I like they way they moved.
  • edited October 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »

I found a Picture of the rex on full size..ill let you all decide on if its a juvi

Looks like it's the Adult to me. The perspective is what throws it off and makes the Tyrannosaur look more like a juvinile. Although seeing said photo does raise a minor concern as far as the way the Rex moves in that particular scene. It kinda rotates a tad too fast for an animal of that size. Relatively minor, even nitpicky for lack of a better word, but yeah.
  • edited October 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Im glad we got to see Troodon in the light... I was a little worried to tell you the truth.. but that brief shot put some of that to rest... I like they way they moved.

Same. And I love the coloration.
  • edited October 2011
    I have major doubts that the spino is in it. It takes place on Isla Nublar, not Sorna.

The spino BETTER be in it! Err!! >=[

They could keep him secret on that island. Work in progressive dino exhibit.

You mean like Dino Crisis?
    Sort of. :P

I mean like a game that plays like RE4. Relies a lot on intensity and atmosphere. Not just action. Bring JP in a darker direction.

online girly games
  • edited October 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    thats kinda like someone asking me "do you have a dog?" i would say i do,

But I have 3 dogs. so a second trex....perhaps....it was in the toy line ( i bought one when i was like 6) ... and the novel doesnt even matter here so....

In the Island tour video the narrator clearly says specimens not specimen when he discusses the rex....I think there may possibly be two.
  • edited October 2011
    Will the Pteranodons be friendly like in the lost world? or the overrated un natural violent ones of the terrible third clusterfck?
  • edited October 2011
    *fixing Pitalla's biased/idiotic post*

Will the Pteranodons be portrayed like in the terrible 2nd movie, where they had no character development except for one brief shot where they didn't do anything, and there was no indication as to whether they were even hungry or not?

Or...

Will they be behave more like the menacing/violent ones of the (also bad) 3rd movie, where they had an entire action scene made for them, and it was much more clear that they were hungry and possibly territorial?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.