Pre orderz are out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Do we get the digital content when the game comes out?
  • edited October 2011
    I'll pass on the deluxe edition as the H&S is ridiculous to UK. Will get the normal edition when its released with my preorder code.
    I've waited long enough because the consoles wanted simultaneous release with PC so don't really wanna pay $22 extra just to get it shipped to UK.
  • edited October 2011
    Yes, you will be able to download the game on November 15'th if you purchase the Deluxe Edition.

There will definitely be some cool Jurassic Park t-shirts added to the store soon. I don't have an ETA yet, but they're coming, and they're awesome.

If any of you are having issues with a specific order, either send me a PM with the details and your order number, or send an email to support@telltalegames.com and I'll take care of it as soon as I'm able.
  • edited October 2011
    I have to ask, how limited is this limited edition version? Like would you sell out of it in like a month? Because I really, REALLY want it, but I won't be able to buy it the day it gets released. Just wanted to know if you will at least have enough for everyone who wants one in the next like couple months or more. Thanks!

Also, the exclusive digital videos and soundtrack (!!!), are they just download links provided when you buy, or are they actually on the disc, like the videos on the BTTF set, for example?
  • edited October 2011
    There will definitely be some cool Jurassic Park t-shirts added to the store soon. I don't have an ETA yet, but they're coming, and they're awesome.

Is it possible to add the T-shirt order to the preordered game? If not, the shipping costs will double and that would be too expensive for me :(
  • edited October 2011
    scallenger wrote: »
    I have to ask, how limited is this limited edition version? Like would you sell out of it in like a month? Because I really, REALLY want it, but I won't be able to buy it the day it gets released. Just wanted to know if you will at least have enough for everyone who wants one in the next like couple months or more. Thanks!

Also, the exclusive digital videos and soundtrack (!!!), are they just download links provided when you buy, or are they actually on the disc, like the videos on the BTTF set, for example?

The limited Deluxe Edition really is limited and we can't guarantee a timeframe on how long we'll have them.

The exclusive videos and soundtrack will be available only digitally and will not be on the disc itself.
    piccobello wrote: »
    Is it possible to add the T-shirt order to the preordered game? If not, the shipping costs will double and that would be too expensive for me :(

There's unfortunately no way to add those items to your order as they aren't for sale yet. Apologies.
  • edited October 2011
    Too bad you can't get the Xbox 360 version with all the cool stuff. Now it's time to make a tough decision...
  • edited October 2011
    Besides T-Shirts, will there be any other kinds of JP Merchandise for sale?
  • edited October 2011
    The limited Deluxe Edition really is limited and we can't guarantee a timeframe on how long we'll have them.

The exclusive videos and soundtrack will be available only digitally and will not be on the disc itself.

Well in that case, I guess I will order in the next week or so and just... bite my own bullet, lol. Cup of Noodles for a couple weeks? Worth it. ;)

As for the exclusive videos and soundtrack being only digital downloads, I understand why. They would take up space on the disc, and I am sure since this game is bigger and more complex than any of your games in the past, there wouldn't be much space left for those kind of big file size extras. May I suggest then that you guys offer them in various qualities, or for sure just make them all in the highest quality. Especially the soundtrack, if you can, make that at least 320k MP3s, or even FLAC. :D
    mathman77 wrote: »
    Too bad you can't get the Xbox 360 version with all the cool stuff. Now it's time to make a tough decision...

Yeah that's how I felt, too. Then I thought... since this PC Deluxe set is LIMITED, I don't wanna miss out. So even though it isn't on the platform I would prefer, the XBOX 360 version will very likely be around for a much longer time, and even go down in price. So I plan on now buying this Deluxe version and getting the 360 one in probably 6 months or more for the price to go down.

I feel lame for buying two versions of the same product, but I think playing it on a console will be great. Especially if it does make use of the vibration function. I loved it when on Dino Crisis for PS2 when the T-Rex showed up and the controller vibrated as he walked and roared. I hope they took advantage of this feature for the console version! :)
  • edited October 2011
    Well in that case, I guess I will order in the next week or so and just... bite my own bullet, lol. Cup of Noodles for a couple weeks? Worth it. ;)

It'll definitely be better for you to order it before the game is released because on the 15th the price for the deluxe edition is jumping from $40 to $50.
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah, exactly. I have to say it here... why the hell does the game for Jurassic Park get a much more impressive deluxe set compared to ANY of the Blu Ray editions? LOL. It kind of blew my mind, honestly. That just makes the makers of the game that much cooler that they have created a proper more appealing than the studio's Blu Ray release. And honestly, I think the idea for this game is very clever story-wise, and if Spielberg is having someone script a new film, I really hope they take a look at this game before they do and maybe base the film on it. I would love that!
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah, here is a cool little editorial on the Deluxe Edition. Funnily enough I used to have that exact shirt he is talking about. Looking at that map brings back so many memories.
  • edited October 2011
    Hmmm can I have the deluxe edition for xbox 360? or is it PC only or something?
  • edited October 2011
    Pitalla wrote: »
    Hmmm can I have the deluxe edition for xbox 360? or is it PC only or something?

Its for the PC and available if you purchase directly from Telltale games.
  • edited October 2011
    I was going to go with Deluxe edition, but price of the shipping is just a deal killer. I think I go with the normal version, and use my code then. I hope it did not eat my code as I went few pages to the order until I canceled due to the shipping costs.
  • edited October 2011
    Kraken wrote: »
    I was going to go with Deluxe edition, but price of the shipping is just a deal killer. I think I go with the normal version, and use my code then. I hope it did not eat my code as I went few pages to the order until I canceled due to the shipping costs.
    What was your shipping price?
  • edited October 2011
    Whew just placed my order for the Deluxe Edition.
    However I payed the same as the edition normally costs.
    39.99$ minus gift code from the previous preorder (worth 34,99$) plus 34,90$ intl. shipping to germany (express shipping)... total = 39,90$ (and so shipping saved or game for free...) :D

Can'T wait for the episodes to launch and the game to arrive XD
  • edited October 2011
    Personally, I'm not all that miffed at the high costs of shipping. Considering the magnitude of what Telltale has done, I feel they deserve compensation for it. No other gaming company would use so much fan input or even bother to acknowledge a mistake and own up to it with class or professionalism the way they have here. If we have to shell out a little extra cash for a true Jurassic Park experience (and a sweet deluxe set), then so be it
  • edited October 2011
    What was your shipping price?

It was something a bit over 20 dollars for delivery that can take 6 weeks. While the extra items are cool, I decided I do not really them, so I am happy with fully digital version once game comes out.
  • edited October 2011
    Looking forward to the PC Deluxe edition big time! Can't understand why anybody would complain about the shipping price, the digital game itself is full price when it comes out. But when you preorder it you get $10 off that price for the whole game (obviously) as well as all this other stuff, so the cost makes total sense... With the $10 off, you are basically paying 8 dollars for map, brochure, patch, box, and other stuff to be sent your door. Its a no-brainer. I preordered the 360 disc at Gamestop too, as I prefer to play this game on Xbox for the achievements, being able to sit on the couch, no-hassle visual settings. But I have to get my hands on that deluxe stuff!

You're welcome Telltale, I bought your game twice!
  • edited October 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    Looking forward to the PC Deluxe edition big time! Can't understand why anybody would complain about the shipping price, the digital game itself is full price when it comes out. But when you preorder it you get $10 off that price for the whole game (obviously) as well as all this other stuff, so the cost makes total sense... With the $10 off, you are basically paying 8 dollars for map, brochure, patch, box, and other stuff to be sent your door. Its a no-brainer. I preordered the 360 disc at Gamestop too, as I prefer to play this game on Xbox for the achievements, being able to sit on the couch, no-hassle visual settings. But I have to get my hands on that deluxe stuff!

You're welcome Telltale, I bought your game twice!

Most of the people complaining about shipping live outside of the US, where it can sometimes jump to 20 or 30 USD. That can be a dealbreaker, plus customs sometimes takes a cut on top of that... I remember my shipping last year being close to 50$ for everything I ordered to be shipped to me in Japan.
  • edited November 2011
    Quick questions....

I plan on using my PS3 for this game. Can I still use this pre-order link?

How do I differentiate what platform I want the game for? (Xbox, PC, Play Station 3).

Do I get a disc for Play Station 3?

I'm one of those guys who pre-ordered back in Spring and was given a refund. Now I just want to apply that coupon code to order the PS3 version for JP.

Any help?

Thanks!
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Quick questions....
    I plan on using my PS3 for this game. Can I still use this pre-order link?
    How do I differentiate what platform I want the game for? (Xbox, PC, Play Station 3).
    No. Pre-ordering from the Telltale Store is only for the PC/Mac version.
    Do I get a disc for Play Station 3?
    A PS3 disc might be released later, but at this time, only the PSN version has been announced. If there is a physical release for PS3 in the future, you would have to pay for it even if you already own the PSN version.
    I'm one of those guys who pre-ordered back in Spring and was given a refund. Now I just want to apply that coupon code to order the PS3 version for JP.
    The code only works for the PC/Mac version from the Telltale Store.

Hope this helps (even if the answers might not be what you wanted to hear).
  • edited November 2011
    So how does a PSN game work?

Keep in mind I just got the PS3, and Modern Warfare COD. To play online, I had to sign up for PSN.

How would I get JP then? I saw a link for a PSN Store, would that be the place to get it?
  • edited November 2011
    apparently theres some type of promotion where you can get JPTG for free when you buy PSN or something along those lines. look it up on yahoo news for more info.
  • edited November 2011
    So how does a PSN game work?

Keep in mind I just got the PS3, and Modern Warfare COD. To play online, I had to sign up for PSN.

How would I get JP then? I saw a link for a PSN Store, would that be the place to get it?
    Yes, you'd find the game on the Store and purchase it and download it. You'll be able to launch it from your hard drive no strings attached and it'll play like disc copy, trophies and all! It's everything but the disc (and the box).
  • edited November 2011
    mannyguy1 wrote: »
    apparently theres some type of promotion where you can get JPTG for free when you buy PSN or something along those lines. look it up on yahoo news for more info.

If you buy a one year subscription to playstation plus you can download the game for free.

I had PS+ for a while and its actually not that bad of a deal as long as you play your cards right. It's the same concept as paying for XBOX live except its optional. PSN is free of course but if you sign up for playstaion + it's about 50 bucks a year. But you often get game demos early, you can download free games that regular PSN users have to pay for, some games you can buy half off and every week there are different PSN+ deals that you can take advantage of. They way i see it, as long as you save over 50 bucks in store perchases then its worth it but if you're not someone who downloads games of the PSN alot then it's not for you. But I got good use out of it while I had it.

Long story short, getting Jurassic Park: The Game for free is one of the many deals you get by having Playstation +
  • edited November 2011
    I used my instore credit to get $34.99 off the Deluxe Edition. Cant wait for the download option to be unlocked :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.