Question about episodes on steam.

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
I'm just curious. If I pre-order on steam, instead of telltale's store. Will I get all four episodes?

I've noticed the deluxe edition for $39.99:

- All four episodes of Jurassic Park: The Game on disc for PC and Mac

What I want to know is if I pre-order on steam for $26.99 will I get all four episodes as well? because it doesn't say anywhere. I don't really care for the extras, I just want to make sure I'm getting all the game's content, aka the four episodes right on the get go. I don't want to pay $26.99 four times on steam (4 episodes from deluxe). That would be a bit too pricey.

Not sure if this makes any sense. Anyway, thanks for reading. And please no, "I think it will be..." answers. I really need to know. This is the difference between $26.99 and $107.96. ($107.96 because that's what it would cost to pay $26.99 on steam per episode, and that's if all episode have pre-order savings)

Comments

• edited November 2011
    The difference is that the Steam version does NOT give you the disc, soundtrack, commentary, or extra goodies. If you only want the game, then you can buy the Steam version or the Standard Version from Telltale at the lower price. You'll get ALL FOUR EPISODES at that 26.99$ price.
  • edited November 2011
    It does include all four episodes, and all four will be unlocked on November 15'th.
  • edited November 2011
    Thank you very much for the information!
  • edited November 2011
    Another steam-realted question: If i buy the deluxe edition, will i be able to unlock the game on steam so i can download and play it on the 15th?
    I ask because shipment to me (europe) will take a little while more.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2011
    ChakiDH wrote: »
    Another steam-realted question: If i buy the deluxe edition, will i be able to unlock the game on steam so i can download and play it on the 15th?
    No you will not.
    Buying the Deluxe Edition will allow you to download the games from the Telltale website (on November 15).
    In order to unlock the game on Steam, you would have to buy it from Steam.
  • edited November 2011
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    No you will not.
    Buying the Deluxe Edition will allow you to download the games from the Telltale website (on November 15).
    In order to unlock the game on Steam, you would have to buy it from Steam.

can we predown load the episodes while they are locked??? this i would find helpful
  • edited November 2011
    ChakiDH wrote: »

Yes and No. If you buy the deluxe edition of the game you will get the digital copies so you can play while you wait and then add them to your steam library.

But you won't get the direct steam versions.
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    can we predown load the episodes while they are locked??? this i would find helpful

As helpful and awesome as this would be. No you can not. Downloading the games on release day is usually less than 20 minutes.
  • edited November 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Yes and No. If you buy the deluxe edition of the game you will get the digital copies so you can play while you wait and then add them to your steam library.

But you won't get the direct steam versions.

As helpful and awesome as this would be. No you can not. Downloading the games on release day is usually less than 20 minutes.

and this is on standard high speed? cuz i have frontier which is fast but downloads like battlefield seem to take forever
  • edited November 2011
    SWGNATE wrote: »
    and this is on standard high speed? cuz i have frontier which is fast but downloads like battlefield seem to take forever

Yeah! You should have no problem downloading the episodes in a timely manner on launch day! We spared no expense! :)
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah! You should have no problem downloading the episodes in a timely manner on launch day! We spared no expense! :)

Awesome, Thanks guys :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.