No Brach or Galli

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
I have to say im kinda dissapointed that there will be no Brachs or Gallis in this game i may be wrong though.:(

Comments

• edited November 2011
    The Brach is in there. Same with the Galli.
  • edited November 2011
    They will both be in there. :)
  • edited November 2011
    shamuboy wrote: »
    They will both be in there. :)

Oh? They will?
  • edited November 2011
    ♫ Don't Stop.. Believin' ♫
  • edited November 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Oh? They will?

Well... I would think so. You can't do a Jurassic Park game without a Brach. Plus, everything that is on the park tour I heard would be implented in the game.
  • edited November 2011
    I think they may not have interractions with the player, which is why there is no video of them on the Island Tour page, but probably they appear in the background or in cutaways or play a very small part in the game, but be in it nevertheless.
  • edited November 2011
    I think they may not have interractions with the player, which is why there is no video of them on the Island Tour page, but probably they appear in the background or in cutaways or play a very small part in the game, but be in it nevertheless.

And that's all I ask for!
  • edited November 2011
    I think out of all the Dinosaurs in the Park, those are probably the least two interesting to me haha
  • edited November 2011
    EDIT: Oups, jurassiraptor said it already
  • edited November 2011
    well if they are in the game then why on the park tour is there no video of either of them it is just a picture and a bio.
  • edited November 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    well if they are in the game then why on the park tour is there no video of either of them it is just a picture and a bio.

To quote jurassicraptor, it may be because we don't have interactions with them like we will with the other dinosaurs (and the mosasaur). It may be that they're featured in an ambience setting, or perhaps shown off in the distance. Hard to say, but the only way we're really gonna find out is when we get to play the game 10 days from now
  • edited November 2011
    Well the thing is that if telltale did make models of the Brach and Galli just to use as background dino here and there, why aren't there videos of at least the model compared to a human like the rest of the dino videos? There's 3 possible explanations.

1. They have no video because telltale ran out of time to produce one so the site map was launched without videos for the brach and galli.
    2. They will not be featured in the game and are only shown in the map because they appeared in the movie so telltale wants to acknowledge their existence on the island.
    3. Telltale wants to keep us guessing on wether they will appear or not to keep some mystery and spoilers under wraps…but if this is the case it doesn't make sense because wouldn't it make more sense to keep dinosaurs like the Compies and Pterasaurs a secret as apposed to dinos we already know exist on the island?
  • edited November 2011
    I hope to see them both, but can't imagine they won't show up. Especially the Brachiosaurus, it's such a majestic animal, and that first encounter with it is simply iconic.
  • edited November 2011
    I didn't think that they would be in the game at all but now that I think of it, there are 15 species on the island and they arent all shown on the map unless they are in the game, so since the brachs and gallis are on the map I am going to guess that they are in the game. Anyway, only a few more days till we know for sure!!!
  • edited November 2011
    Neelis wrote: »
    I hope to see them both, but can't imagine they won't show up. Especially the Brachiosaurus, it's such a majestic animal, and that first encounter with it is simply iconic.

I agree it is very majestic, and that first encounter was Iconic... but that first encounter was also the ONLY encounter. Even in the Novel you never see them again after that first moment on the island, they just don't lend themselves well to any scenario, IMO. the Gali on the other hand stampede, making them dangerous, and they can be prey, giving more possible uses for them in-game.

but I have a feeling we'll see both in the game, maybe not up close (which would explain TT have no video of then in-game).
  • edited November 2011
    I agree it is very majestic, and that first encounter was Iconic... but that first encounter was also the ONLY encounter. Even in the Novel you never see them again after that first moment on the island, they just don't lend themselves well to any scenario, IMO. the Gali on the other hand stampede, making them dangerous, and they can be prey, giving more possible uses for them in-game.

but I have a feeling we'll see both in the game, maybe not up close (which would explain TT have no video of then in-game).

You forget that Grant and the children observe the Brachiosaurs from their hiding place in the tree, and the following morning a Brachiosaurus comes close to feed right next to them.
  • edited November 2011
    ... but that first encounter was also the ONLY encounter.

except for that whole Grant and the kids in the tree scene, or two.
  • edited November 2011
    Yea exactly. The scene with the kids and grand in the scene is iconic and beautiful to. Their calls are so haunting and beautiful. I always replay that scene over and over again!
  • edited November 2011
    hi icedhope just wanted to say hi from one fellow illinoian to another i'm currently working on getting my degree in vertebrate paleontology and can say that i know Personally Dr. robert Bakker He's is my idol, i actually attended his 60th birthday back in 2005, he was actually at my college Harper in Palatine giving his lecture that night plus i had known him through his lectures at the annual out of the Rock paleofest at the Burpee Museum in Rockford. anyhow i'm stoked for the new JP. game and hope if they make a sequel that the Stegosaur herd will have a confrontation with a pack of Ceratosaurs i also hope we'll se a small Herd of Mussaurus patagonicus fullygrown of course as well as the territory the Dilophosaurus inhabited they may even be able to such prey Animals such as Emausaurus or scutellosaurus to appear in a cutscene right before you confront the Dilophosaurus . oh i also wanted you to know i've been following these post since this open last year this is just my first time post.
  • edited November 2011
    Surely they saw the apatosaurs in the novel after the first time visiting the park... They saw them on the park tour and a couple of times after that i think. I wished that in the movie Grant or Tim could have answered Lex's question. "Are those meat-eating.... meat-a-sauruses?" "Why yes, Lex" (Lex runs off screaming) "No Wait Lex, they only eat eggs!!"
Sign in to comment in this discussion.