Multiple Endings

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
I'm not sure if someone has posted about this or not,but i figured it would be a good idea to talk about.

Since theres mutiple choices in the game that can affect a variety of events,one of which i am wondering is if there is mutiple endings.

I would like strongly to hope it would have a case similar to mass effect,maybe a choice you made in chapter 2 lands you in trouble in chapter 4?

Really what i am trying to say is hoping the game is not set in stone,and hopefully there can be a few cases were there can be more then 1 right answer or affect the people around you differently.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Yes I believe there is multiple endings to the game. I found this out by reading the XBox achievements
  • edited November 2011
    I doubt it, all the multichoice things shown so far have been 1 choice progress you, the rest get you stuck, so you backtrack or you get eaten.

Plus it takens an INSANE amount of dev to do something like that as from the very first choice onwards you are essentially making multiple games and subsequent choices just multiple the games even more and it'd make it kinda tricky if they wanted to re-use any characters in any sequels, eg can quite easily do a lost island game or 2 on Sorna, that pre-date film.

Also what do you mean by the xbox achievements? Only possible thing could be the 4 "completed jurassic park: the xxx" ones but they correspond to the 4 episodes so dunno what your seeing as proof of multi ends?
  • edited November 2011
    Actually, it does seem as if there are two endings- saving the Barbasol can or a member of your party, as evidence by the Xbox achievements.
  • edited November 2011
    Actually, it does seem as if there are two endings- saving the Barbasol can or a member of your party, as evidence by the Xbox achievements.

Wow totally over-looked them! But seems like minorly different endings, opposed to the major plot deviations the op was suggesting.

1)
    Jess, no can
    2)
    No jess, Can
    and maybe:
    3)
    No jess, no can
    4)
    jess & can
  • edited November 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    Plus it takens an INSANE amount of dev to do something like that as from the very first choice onwards you are essentially making multiple games...

haven't you ever read a choose your own adventure novel? each novel has maybe sixty fragments and any one story contains maybe forty of them. i don't see that being difficult to develop at all. in fact, i think it would only take a few "if" statements. i remember them being a particularly good exercise in futility because, sometimes, no matter what choice you made, you'd end up in the same situation anyway.
  • edited November 2011
    If theres any sort of different story branches or any sort of things that can happen differently it always makes a good replay value and a more interesting game.Even minor differences can help in major ways,plus who knows what other little surprises have been kept from the general online public.
  • edited November 2011
    haven't you ever read a choose your own adventure novel? each novel has maybe sixty fragments and any one story contains maybe forty of them. i don't see that being difficult to develop at all. in fact, i think it would only take a few "if" statements. i remember them being a particularly good exercise in futility because, sometimes, no matter what choice you made, you'd end up in the same situation anyway.

You mean like those old Goosebumps books where you choose your own scare?I have to admit those were kinda fun.
  • edited November 2011
    It would be outstanding if there was ONE alternate ending to this game, but multiple endings? That is bloody amazing, and will make this game stand out! Picking between saving a character, or saving the can is a nice option
    Having some choice you made in episode 1 affect your ending in episode 4 is beyond expectations, but would send this game from a 8.0 to a 9.5 instantly. Its like chaos effect, have one choice you make send ripples in the timeline changing events to come before they even happen. Chaos Effect, in practice, in a Jurassic Park game is BRILLIANT.

You can never predict the outcome.
    -Ian Malcolm
  • edited November 2011
    It would be outstanding if there was ONE alternate ending to this game, but multiple endings? That is bloody amazing, and will make this game stand out! Picking between saving a character, or saving the can is a nice option
    Having some choice you made in episode 1 affect your ending in episode 4 is beyond expectations, but would send this game from a 8.0 to a 9.5 instantly. Its like chaos effect, have one choice you make send ripples in the timeline changing events to come before they even happen. Chaos Effect, in practice, in a Jurassic Park game is BRILLIANT.

You can never predict the outcome.
    -Ian Malcolm
    Don't get your hopes up. I hate when people do this. When someone says it will have multiple endings people automatically assume it will do it in such a way that will make the game a hit. I highly doubt it. Telltale is amazing, but one aspect of gameplay will not make this game stand out. I just hate when people get their hopes up and then are dissapointed that the game didn't live up to their irrational expectations.

The people who are griping about the graphics of this game are an example of this. It's a Jurassic Park game for crying outloud, of course it's not going to be a smash hit, the movie was released 20 years ago. Sorry for the rant, I've just had it with people who are going to be unrealistic about the production of this game.
  • edited November 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    Wow totally over-looked them! But seems like minorly different endings, opposed to the major plot deviations the op was suggesting.

1)
    Jess, no can
    2)
    No jess, Can
    and maybe:
    3)
    No jess, no can
    4)
    jess & can

Maybe we can, maybe we can't.
  • edited November 2011
    How hard would it be to have two ending to your game? Nothing special or especially time consuming in making a choice the player makes towards the end of the game effect the ending? Thus, giving the game two, alternate endings.

A Poor Example: Last chapter, player choses between the option of allowing one character to sacrifice his or her self and save the others, or chose to be selfish and save yourself, allowing for Harding and the kid to die and only you make it off the island.

Not asking for anything elaborate, but an alternate ending where a singular simple choice decides which ending you get would be sweeet.
  • edited November 2011
    Okay, so apparently there are 2 different endings on the final episode? The one I got has:
    Nima staying with the Hardings and fighting Billy at the end with Billy getting eaten and the remaining three getting off on the boat, with the barbasol can crushed but the suitcase with the money on the boat (???).

What exactly is the other ending? And at what point exactly in the game do you have the choice to make it happen? (put the answer in SPOILER code for others, please)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    SPOILERS AHEAD - but if you don't know it by now... ;-)

There's a short sequence during the endgame where Nima can chose between saving Jess and grabbing the Barbasol can. Unfortunately, players often mistake that sequence for a react-as-fast-as-you-can, so they chose the first button they see.

The other ending sees Nima grabbing the can, but being devoured by the T-Rex only seconds after. The Hardings decide to search for her daughter, and both return to Boston (?), but they do not find any money.
  • edited November 2011
    Which ending is canon and which ending is non-canon?
  • edited November 2011
    Since the game itself isn't canon afaik - neither of them. ;)
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    JPTGfan wrote: »
    Which ending is canon and which ending is non-canon?

We'll know as soon as Spielberg decides to continue the story of the game in one of his movies. :D
  • edited November 2011
    We'll know if Spielberg decides to continue the story of the game in one of his movies. :D

Fixed for truth. :p
  • edited December 2011
    If there are multiple endings, how can there be another jurassic park the game?
  • edited December 2011
    The same way there was a second Force Unleashed even though there were two endings for that game. Only one ending is considered the true ending.
  • edited December 2011
    The same way there was a second Force Unleashed even though there were two endings for that game. Only one ending is considered the true ending.

Then which one is the TRUE ending? Is it Nima saving Jess and getting off the island? Or is it Nima saving the Barbasol can and getting eaten by the T-Rex?
  • edited December 2011
    nanotyrano wrote: »
    Yes I believe there is multiple endings to the game. I found this out by reading the XBox achievements

True.

I wont spoil much, just giving a hint: the decisions you make near the end of the game affect to the ending.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.