If i had preordered the Deluxe Edition PC version, do I get it today?

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
just wondering... i ordered the deluxe edition PC version a few weeks back (reused my voucher from the cancelled april release), and I beleive I chose the speediest shipping method.

Does that mean I should have it in the mail today?

if not, can i still do digital download to play?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    You won't have the game by mail today. If you live in the US you most likely have it before christmas. If not, it most likely won't be there this year.
    You can get the digital version though once it's put online (like everyone else who pre-ordered).
  • edited November 2011
    ...so your telling me I won't be able to run around in my muldoon hat, JP underwear, with my jurassic park deulxe edition map and nametag while i pretend to chase my wife around the house with a SPAS 12 and shout "clever girl" at the top of my lungs tonight?....

well, that's one big pile of sh*t if ive ever heard of one. :(

Oh well, at least i can play the game tonight anywho.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited November 2011
    The Deluxe Edition page in the store clearly states an expected ship date of December 15.
  • edited November 2011
    dec 15??! thats like a month from now!

why? why show me the goodies, and then wave them in my face and say "nuh uh...". That's like torturing a small kid with a toy at the store :(

Now i know how my dog feels with i taunt him with food in my hand and dont deliver. His big ole' brown puppydog eyes all tranced and fixated on that food, and ears all perked up, watching hopelessly that i fumble or just toss it to him, licking his big ole lips, drooling, pleading... and then i decided to gobble it up myself.

karma man.... karma is a real, well.. you know the saying.
  • edited November 2011
    You get the game today. Goodies in about one month from now.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Yeah, they could have made that more clear to the newbies. It's been pretty standard stuff with all the other games, as the number of pre-orders determines how many DVDs they have to print in the first run.

The game's yours in a few hours, so no loss! ;)
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah, they could have made that more clear to the newbies.

Sure, specifying that the game will be released on date X, while the physical copy will ship on date Y would be helpful (And I actually expect TTG to do this already), but it wouldn't have made a difference with the newbies; by definition they won't read the details, so even if everything was spelled out with 4th-grade wording in a giant, bold font, they either won't notice it or they won't get it.
  • edited November 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    but it wouldn't have made a difference with the newbies; by definition they won't read the details, so even if everything was spelled out with 4th-grade wording in a giant, bold font, they either won't notice it or they won't get it.

This man deserves a medal.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.