use your username and password to unlock the game !

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
do all of your jurassic park games say that too ? mine does and im a little worried..also it says i got it feb 20 .. but i got the delux edition too which isnt there..i hope im not screwed

Comments

• edited November 2011
    yes
  • edited November 2011
    what ?
  • edited November 2011
    everybodys says the same thing i have the same message
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah on mine as well don´t worry about it
  • edited November 2011
    That doesn't mean anything they will release the game today. It was confirmed by Michael Parks in a closed thread.
  • edited November 2011
    You'll be able to download the game after it unlocks a bit later today. After you download it, you'll need to login to the launcher using your Telltale Games username and password.
  • edited November 2011
    It's normal to see that. When the game unlocks, you will have to use your username and password to enter the game.
    Don't worry. :)
  • edited November 2011
    thank you guys so much ! sorry for being annoying !
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    In fact, when you're still logged into the forum, it's quite possible you don't even have to do that. Previous games recognized this and immediately unlocked without you having to re-enter your data. IIRC...
  • edited November 2011
    In fact, when you're still logged into the forum, it's quite possible you don't even have to do that. Previous games recognized this and immediately unlocked without you having to re-enter your data. IIRC...

i know you should give me a good punch in the face for being annoying, but is the game download the commentary one for the deluxe edition?
  • edited November 2011
    i know you should give me a good punch in the face for being annoying, but is the game download the commentary one for the deluxe edition?

*punch*

Commentary will be on the DVD.
  • edited November 2011

I'm not sure, but there should be another link on the My Games page that says Jurassic Park The Game: All Episodes. That one's the link you should go for first; I think the commentary may be an optional download that needs to have the main game installed first to work.

As for the username & password, that's perfectly normal for Telltale: all of their games require you to enter your name and password in order to play. The good thing is you'll only be asked to do it just once when starting up an episode for the first time, and then that's it
  • edited November 2011
    The commentary files are separate downloads on the Your Games page.
  • edited November 2011
    The commentary files are separate downloads on the Your Games page.

D: How did I miss that? Oh, right, because that section has never been there before now.

...Question. Will the Your Stuff! section be updated with things like soundtracks and other goodies for other games that we may have already purchased, or is it going to be only for new things going forward?
  • edited November 2011
    I can download the sound track and commentary now, Is it because I got the deluxe edition? and Im just waiting to download this epic game for Mac! Hope its released tonight!
  • edited November 2011
    I can download the sound track and commentary now, Is it because I got the deluxe edition?

Yes, everyone who ordered the Deluxe edition gets to download the soundtrack and commentaries for the game as an added bonus :)
  • edited November 2011
    What exactly is the commentary? Mine is still downloading.
  • edited November 2011
    What exactly is the commentary? Mine is still downloading.

Not sure. I'll know in about 20 mins when my download finishes. I find it a bit surprising that it's about half a gig larger than the game itself.
  • Sinaz20Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    Not sure. I'll know in about 20 mins when my download finishes. I find it a bit surprising that it's about half a gig larger than the game itself.

Taking the commentaries off disc allowed us to double the length of the commentaries from previous games (BttF being the only other experience I had with Telltale commentaries.) We were able to talk a lot more in depth about the game.

But um... DON'T watch the commentaries before you played the game. :P Fair warning!

Oh-- and to answer jurassiraptor-- the comentaries are video playthroughs with an assortment of artists, designers, engineers, and producers chatting about the making of the games.
  • edited November 2011
    The commentary is a separate file. Look all the way to the bottom of your games list.
  • edited November 2011
    Sinaz20 wrote: »
    Oh-- and to answer jurassiraptor-- the comentaries are video playthroughs with an assortment of artists, designers, engineers, and producers chatting about the making of the games.

Sweet! Mine just finished DLing and I see that now! Awesome idea.
  • edited November 2011
    Are the commentaries something that get installed alongside the game, or are they standalone videos?
  • edited November 2011
    xbskid wrote: »
    Are the commentaries something that get installed alongside the game, or are they standalone videos?

You install them separately. They have their own link.
  • edited November 2011
    You install them separately. They have their own link.

Actually, there's no installation; they're a set of four loose mp4 files (I just looked at the zip file).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.