Download Size

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
the download is too huge!
could you guys please break the game down into the episodes like the BTTF game.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Why?
    It makes no difference.
    In fact it'd probably result it in being bigger due to having 4 times as much installer data.
    Eg this download is say 1000mb
    Even if they split it in 4 your gonna have 4 250mb downloads, so not gonna be any faster, plus with added installer data they prob be little over 250mb so u end up with like 1001mb total
  • edited November 2011
    it took me 15 minutes, its like 2 gigs, not exactly giant lol
  • edited November 2011
    well im prob like him and it will take 3hours and 22 mins to download
  • edited November 2011
    It's about 2.56GB in size. The commentary is even bigger at 3.1GB!
  • edited November 2011
    why the HELL is mine saying 20hrs then when i have Unlimited broadband
  • edited November 2011
    I want a refund 33hrs to dl TELLTALE your having a laugh the box set will probably arrive before the game finished downloading whos bright idea was it to put all 4 episodes together, been buying TTG games for a while but will seriously reconsider bothering next time
  • edited November 2011
    im JUST at 0.4% = im at 363 mb, it says opening in 12 hours still wtf! >.<
  • edited November 2011
    The download servers will be busy, just be patient; it'll gain speed again as things clear up.
    There's nearly always epic slow downloads for pc versions on launch day due to servers being busy.
  • edited November 2011
    A lot of retail PC games are at least that big. Calm down, guys.
  • edited November 2011
    Notice the lack of any TTG staff on forum when the Problems start
  • edited November 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    The download servers will be busy, just be patient; it'll gain speed again as things clear up.
    There's nearly always epic slow downloads for pc versions on launch day due to servers being busy.

So you are saying that's probably why the download isn't starting for most? And why the downloads for the other games are working, because everyone is trying for JP?
  • edited November 2011
    8 minutes left! in total 14 minutes, its not a big file? just over 2 gigs.
  • edited November 2011
    WesMote44 wrote: »
    So you are saying that's probably why the download isn't starting for most? And why the downloads for the other games are working, because everyone is trying for JP?

Yes. The JP file is in heavy demand, therefore it will have slow download speeds and possible issues with even initiating the download.
  • edited November 2011
    Yes but 34hrs (my time is going up not down) is just stupid when some people are saying 14 mins WTF are the UK customers being Screwed?!?
  • edited November 2011
    spikesboy wrote: »
    Yes but 34hrs (my time is going up not down) is just stupid when some people are saying 14 mins WTF are the UK customers being Screwed?!?

No. I'm in the uk too, its just sheer luck of the draw; be PATIENT you will get the bandwidth eventually and it'll shoot through to 100% If its REALLY annoying you go to bed and it'll be fine in the morning.
  • edited November 2011
    I've downloaded this 3 times now, wasted 10gb of bandwidth, all the episode install files are corrupt, every time. Tried downloading it to a different drive, same problem.
  • edited November 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    Yes. The JP file is in heavy demand, therefore it will have slow download speeds and possible issues with even initiating the download.

You may be right about that, cause the other games download fast with no problem. And yes JP is very much in demand.....lol. What you said does make alot of sense. Thanks:D
  • edited November 2011
    Yer not going to bother waste of £48 but then I know not to bother with new telltale games again
  • edited November 2011
    just 397 mb out of like 2600 mb >:O hurry up!!!
  • edited November 2011
    raptor looks like ur in my boat of a 34 hr wait then!
  • edited November 2011
    :mad:THAT SUCKS BIG TIME!! this is my first telltale game and a big frustration, with the delay then waiting months then waiting hours and again waiting moar for the download!
  • edited November 2011
    I probably wont bother and will give up I hate incompitence and TTG knew this would happen and should have upgraded thier servers before hand for such a massive game as JP its poor customer service on thier part

I have a dl speed of 100mgb min and so far im on 61mg in 1hr 30 mins
  • edited November 2011
    U cant upgrade a server at great expense just for a few hours of high demand time. Give it 3 hours or so and it'll die down and gd speeds will be bk.
  • edited November 2011
    its 2:30am here so with a few hours all the little kids will be crawaling out of bed to dl the game in the UK slowing things down even more
  • edited November 2011
    just at 593 mb -_- wat the fuck seriously URGHHHHH
  • edited November 2011
    Mine went down to 35 mins, then up to 42 minutes.
  • edited November 2011
    Already got mine through Steam. Very good game, just waiting for the Deluxe Edition to get here, which will take a long time. But seriously? I know i was raging earlier because of the release time etc.

But this? Really? This is what happens every freaking time. Even the biggest blockbuster titles like Call of Duty, Skyrim etc. They even have slow DL speeds, even through Steam. So to demand that a smaller company like TTG to go out and spent a huge amount of cash (Yup, buying extra server bandwith etc. isnt cheap at all!) to make it easier for you to download the game the first few hours of release? Yeah, not gonna happen. And it doesnt matter how fast your bandwith is. The download speeds will always cap on what the highest speed is from the individual server. When i had i think 88 mb/s download, my download speed capped at 2.5 from Steam.

This is how the internet works in the 21 century, not happy with that? Go hibernate yourself until we enter a new century.

And you saying that all the kids are gonna wake up in the UK soon and spam TTG's servers? Most of those kids dont even know what Jurassic Park is, this isnt exactly the most kid friendly game. Even thought it sure is a masterpiece, if you see through fingers with the sounds errors i run into now and then.

So there is only one thing to do here. Sit down, relax and hold on to your butts!
  • edited November 2011
    I still can't download the game yet
  • edited November 2011
    been downloading for almost six hours... 11%. Dying slowly inside. So, so slowly.
  • edited November 2011
    Im currently on 32% with another 14hrs dl time, not happy
  • edited November 2011
    i was over 50% when i left it for the night and i wake up and it turns out either ssome mentally stupid fuckface turned it off or my computer decided to overheat on me!!!! CANT EVEN DESCRIBE HOW PISSED I AM!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2011
    oh looking good im on 49% with a 10 hr dl time am dl the ipad 2 version as well for something to do in work tonight yay
  • edited November 2011
    I was hoping for seperate episodes so my monthly download limit wouldn't be blown in one go
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Yup, the download size came as a bit of a shocker. I could download this morning (four hours ago) at my constant maximum DL speed of 1.1 MB per second, that's 40 minutes for 2.6 GB.

I actually wonder how the game could be so big (for a TTG game, that is). The problem with former individual, standalone episodes was always that every time a new episode was released for a certain franchise, you would essentially re-download a lot of the Season's recurring code, textures, environments, sound effects, music or what have you, and eventually end up with the same data stored in five places on your PC for a complete season. I had hoped that this would be different with a single game release, but I assume that the individual episodes are still intact and "unmerged". ;)

I hope you can get the download problem under control. In any case, download speeds should be better today as the initial release crisis is over.
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah going at 344 kb/s.. just over 2 hours to download in total.
  • edited November 2011
    Monthly download limit? Do some of you still have limited internet? I thought that went away several years ago. Couldnt be cheaper to have internet these days :)
  • edited November 2011
    For the record, 2.6GB is a below average sized game. This thing isn't exactly huge.

If you want textures that don't look like pixel art (and this game actually has rather good looking textures, I was surprised), and full voice acting instead of text dialog, then you need to just deal with gigabytes instead of megabytes. It's 2011, and people demand both of those things now.

So you've got several options for getting this game. You can either wait until off peak hours, wait a day or two, deal with the speeds, or wait for physical media. It's just a game, chill out.
  • edited November 2011
    Ippoc wrote: »
    Monthly download limit? Do some of you still have limited internet? I thought that went away several years ago. Couldnt be cheaper to have internet these days :)
    I'm not sure which country you're from, but I'll assume it's not north America or most of Europe, or vast expanses of Asia.

Caps are coming back in a big way. Many countries never got rid of them, some of them are bringing them back. Several ISPs in the United States, for example, have introduced caps in the past few years.
  • edited November 2011
    Ippoc wrote: »

Yes it does exist. Which makes the size of current games and digital distribution a real problem for many. Try downloading RAGEs 25GB with a 1GB per month cap.
  • edited November 2011
    Maybe you should try to start the download again? I bought the game arround one hour ago and the dl ran with 4 - 5 mb/s, so after 10 minutes the download was finished.

Bur please don't be mad at me, if you try it and it's slow again.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.