TV Shows!

2»

Comments

• edited May 2007
    I can't remember how that one went, but it does sound familiar...
  • edited May 2007
    Ryan Stiles is absolutely brilliant..perhaps the best improviser in the world.. the problem with the US version is they had ryan and colin in every single episode.. in the UK version they always mixed it up with different improvisers.. thats what kept it fresh for 10 years.. the US version was just the same thing repeating.. shout out to greg proops also.. mike mcshane also a genius.. if you ever saw him and josies lawrence song about cat litter..funniest song ever
  • edited May 2007
    I think Ryan was in like 99% of UK episodes too, though. I always enjoyed Greg Proops' cricket hoedown :)

Clive Anderson > Drew Carey, btw
  • edited June 2007
    Oh here's something I can talk about for hours... however I will not...

But right now:

Heroes - Best TV Show right now
    Lost - Close 2nd
    Family Guy, American Dad - Actually prefer AD theese days since FG has lost a little of its former greatness
    24 - Jack Bauer, our favorite psycho :)
    Scrubs - I'm a big fan of practically everything Zach Braff does
    Criminal Minds - "Dead Like Me" ended and I had to see what Mandy was up to next. I really like this show as well
  • edited June 2007
    Too bad the bald Canandian guy and the young dude(the commedian who is sometimes there and when he is, is usually paired with Wayne Brady) only appeared at the who's line is it anyways? at Davis a few months ago
  • edited August 2007
    My favorite show is CSI I watch CSI:MIAMI and CSI:NY to but i dont like them so much.
  • edited August 2007
    looks like another resurrection

my two favourite programmes are sliders and firefly (both cancelled but both brilliant)
  • edited November 2007
    To be honest, I'm not a fan of TV. There are only 3 shows I like on TV: Family Guy, South Park, and Married... with children.

I guess I can say that I like FLCL but it was only six episodes, + I have them on DVD so I don't consider them TV.
  • edited November 2007
    What is this, Night of the Living Dead Topics? :D

Yeah, my favourite shows are Firefly, 'Allo Allo, Father Ted and Spaced.
  • edited November 2007
    I preferred Black Books to Father Ted :)
  • edited November 2007
    I did, too, forgot about that one.
    I have no idea how, considering I've got the DVDs sitting in front of me and I've been told that when I've been drinking I'm Bernard Black.
    I guess I've seen them so many times that I've blocked it out.
    I, however, will NEVER forget the dialogue between Manny and Bernard.
    Manny: Is space hot?
    Bernard: Of course it is! Where do you think we get pinapples from?
  • edited November 2007
    Favorite TV shows currently airing, in no particular order:

Heroes
    Numb3rs (okay, I admit, I'm a mathematician and like this stuff!)
    CSI:
    CSI: NY
    Mythbusters
    Law and Order SVU
    Family Guy

Favorite TV shows no longer airing, again, in no particular order:

Whose Line is it anyway? (by the way, if you guys like that show, I highly recommend seeing Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood live doing improv comedy (stuff very similar to whose line?). I've seen them 3 times and every show has been completely different and absolutely hilarious!)
    Mr. Bean
    Hogan's Heroes
    Monty Python
    Fawlty Towers
    Get Smart (what can i say? Mel Brooks is a genius!)
    Mystery Science Theater 3000
  • edited November 2007
    new season of the mighty boosh starts in a couple of weeks! :):)
  • edited November 2007
    I saw the Mighty Boosh a few times, and every time it was the Yeti episode.
  • edited November 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »

Interesting...
  • edited November 2007
    I don't really get into recent television much, I watch CSI and my entire evening most nights revolves around when Two and a Half Men repeats air, but apart form that there isn't much.

Lately I've been watching:
    The Wonder Years
    Are you Afraid of the dark
    Star Trek: Voyager
    Star Trek: Enterprise
    Mission Hill
    Beavis and Butthead
    Ren and Stimpy
    Futurama
    Red Dwarf
    Coupling
    Reba
    Still Standing
    King of the Hill

I tend to only get into shows after they either go off the air or get cancelled.
  • edited November 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »

Well, the new episode was... interesting :)
  • edited November 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Well, the new episode was... interesting :)

I've seen the first two episodes.. loved the return of tony harrison/saboo in episode 1..episode 2 is crazier..both very good :)
  • edited November 2007
    I'd say Dexter is the most interesting and well put together series that's currently running. At least of the mainstream series. It has actually improved upon the already brilliant first season.

Heroes has stumbled a lot in its second season, and Prison Break hasn't really improved from the lousy second season either (first season of both series were excellent in my opinion). Lost, while at times being a bit slow on the plot progressing, has held up quite nicely in comparison. At least it is steadily proceeding to the eventual end of the story, unlike both Heroes and Prison Break which seem to linger on without any clear sense of direction.
    The classic HBO series OZ is in my opinion the first 'modern' TV-series that really showed how intense and of high quality TV-series can be. Before that the most interesting shows were pretty much solely lawyer and police dramas, along with a few sitcoms.

Whose Line Is It Anyway is good beyond words. :)
    I might be in the minority, but I enjoyed Chip Esten's and Wayne Brady's musical bits quite a lot as well, in addition to Mochrie, Stiles and Proops. I liked the UK shows at well, though you can see that it wasn't working quite as well in the first few seasons, before it had matured to what most people know it as.
  • edited November 2007
    Linque wrote: »
    Heroes has stumbled a lot in its second season

I think this might interest you: http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/entertainment/7101992.stm

It sounds as though it might pick up again.
  • edited November 2007
    I'd say Dexter is the most interesting and well put together series that's currently running. At least of the mainstream series. It has actually improved upon the already brilliant first season.

Dexter is brilliant at the moment.. did you see the last episode? woo! :eek: The final season of "The Wire" starts in january..don't want to miss that
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    I just finished the second season of The Wire and am enjoying it a lot. It's nearly time to order the next DVD.
  • edited November 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    I just finished the second season of The Wire and am enjoying it a lot. It's nearly time to order the next DVD.

Season 4 is unbelievable..trust me.. Can't wait to order that season on DVD
  • edited November 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I think this might interest you: http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/entertainment/7101992.stm

It sounds as though it might pick up again.

This week's episode was pretty awesome. IMO. Actually changed my opion of Ub3r-Creepy Stalker West. A feat I thought was impossible.
  • edited November 2007
    Dedlok wrote: »
    This week's episode was pretty awesome. IMO. Actually changed my opion of Ub3r-Creepy Stalker West. A feat I thought was impossible.

Hear, hear!
    The part where
    Noah is brought back to life with Claire's blood
    is quite disturbing to me.
  • edited November 2007
    Though it's so stupid that
    Mohinder has become such a tool in this series. He's suddenly become the absolute opposite of what he was in Season 1, and without much reason. I mean, he actually shot and killed Noah? Give me a break.
  • edited November 2007
    Well on the City of Heroes boards they have been calling Mohinder Mohinduh, Dohinder, oe various other variations lately. :D

Also they have been proclaiming that he has the power to always mess up and/or to do teh wrong thing.
  • edited November 2007
    Zomg at the last Dexter ep. :eek:
  • edited November 2007
    Zomg at the last Dexter ep. :eek:

Unbelievable!! Please don't die doakes :o
  • edited January 2008
    I love watching Pokemon,Naruto, Dragon Ball z.I never miss them.And shows which are good but i don't watch them regularly are Prison Break,CSI,Desperate Housewives,House,Burn Notice,CHARMED ,HEROES,LOST.List is too long.
  • edited January 2008
    the final season of the wire has begun... looks very interesting
  • edited January 2008
    Pokemon: I don't actually watch this, I "read" it over at Serebii.net

Survivor: I do watch this one a bit.

Myra!: Who doesn't watch this?

Midtown Cowboys: Too bad it got taken off the air by a scandal.
  • edited January 2008
    I've been re-watching LOST for the debut at the end of the month. Funny how much you forget and how much makes sense when you look back.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.