Adjust resolution

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
I'm unable to adjust resolution inside the game. Because of the very bad adjust resolution set up I choose a wrong resolution for my display and now I can't change it from the game. Is there a way to adjust it from outside? I try to reinstall but it seems there's a file somewhere that mantain that option

Comments

• edited November 2011
    The option for changing the resolution does need to go. Either make it auto-select based on desktop resolution or make it so you have to accept the resolution change. I had to sit through 10+ resolution changes before it made it to mine.

As for doing it manually

run regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\JPGraphics
    or
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Telltale Games\JPGraphics

change ResX and ResY to what you need
  • edited November 2011
    tehgates wrote: »
    The option for changing the resolution does need to go. Either make it auto-select based on desktop resolution or make it so you have to accept the resolution change. I had to sit through 10+ resolution changes before it made it to mine.

This. QFT.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Thirded. I wonder why that was changed from previous games??
  • edited November 2011
    tehgates wrote: »
    As for doing it manually

run regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\JPGraphics
    or
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Telltale Games\JPGraphics

change ResX and ResY to what you need

Thanks!
  • edited November 2011
    I'll say that having to change resolutions about 10 times to get to 1080p and then 10 times back again because I realized I needed to record in 720p was annoying. Not a dealbreaker for me but it was tedious.
  • edited November 2011
    Thirded. I wonder why that was changed from previous games??

I'm wondering this, too. Makes me wish the game settings could be configured from the launcher (And perhaps also tweaked in-game as we can do now).
  • edited November 2011
    Yes! Please fix this!! Whoever thought it was a good idea to change the resolution everytime you click on the arrow was WRONG WRONG WRONG. Please make it so that when you have to apply the changes! Make this fix sooner than later please.
  • edited December 2011
    Who ever thought "This is a good idea" should be FIRED! Especially because it saves the settings, even if it will crash the game!

I'm serious about being fired, if a program at a company I worked at made something that not only crashed a game, but put it in a state that you have to REGISTRY EDIT the computer to get out of, they wouldn't be working there any more, or I wouldn't. There's no excuse.

I really wanted to find the greatness in the game, it was harshly reviewed, but after this, this is just blatant stupidity. I'm sorry Telltale, I can't accept that one.

EDIT: Heck the fact I can't use 1400x900 boggles my mind. But also I can't change to using my controller unless I guess I have to edit the Registry for that?
  • edited December 2011
    I can't find those files on my computer, though I installed it through Steam. Anyone who would be able to help would be awesome, I really want to try this game, but I put it to a resolution that just keeps crashing the program now.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.