Thank you, forum!

EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
edited June 2007 in General Chat
http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-211

The gift baskets arrived today, and we like them very much. :D

Comments

• SegSeg
    edited May 2007
    I too want to extend my thanks to you wonderful people! I had a nice stash of Oreos, filled with fan love goodness.

You guys are awesome! Best first week at dream job ever!
  • edited May 2007
    Thank you indeed! The grape Mike & Ikes are delicious :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Yeah best ever! Thanks guys!
  • MelMel
    edited May 2007
    What kind of wine did you get? party35.gif
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    A merlot and a chardonnay. :D
  • MelMel
    edited May 2007
    Mmmmm. I think you need to get some nice cheese to go with that. :)
  • JonJon Former Telltale Staff
    edited May 2007
    Yah, thanks everyone!!! I think i ate half the stash myself. Not much left besides the Pepperoni Stick which i think Emily is saving for herself :)
  • edited May 2007
    :O Pepperoni stick!?

*ShaggE rushes off to make a Sam and Max game

mmmm.... pepperoni...
  • BrendanBrendan Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Thank you so much, friends! Your generosity is very touching, not to mention great tasting and less filling. I've got to start designing games faster so I can get fed more often.
  • edited May 2007
    Haha, yes, if you guys finish season 2 in a week, you can get snacking again! ;)
  • edited May 2007
    :D There's some more gifts comming in the mail, you know. :) Episodic games, episodic gifts, get it? :p
  • Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    This is awesome. This morning I'm enjoying fresh fruit, and can report that the ********* held up well. The wine went with us on a company outing. We forgot to bring an opener, but it was nice to have it along just the same.

You guys rock.
  • edited May 2007
    Heh... Dave just discovered that I've had the word "pineapple" in the censor list for months now. I never thought anyone would actually send us a pineapple :)
  • Dave GrossmanDave Grossman Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Do I win a prize? Oh wait, I think I just did, and it was a pineapple.
  • edited May 2007
    Should I ask why "pineapple" was censored? :P
  • edited May 2007
    To see how long it would take 'til someone noticed :)
  • edited May 2007
    Took long enough :P

I had a short-lived forum once, where I filtered certain words to display as "ShaggE is a god". Confused the hell out of everyone :D
  • edited May 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    :O Pepperoni stick!?

*ShaggE rushes off to make a Sam and Max game

mmmm.... pepperoni...

I'd mail pepperoni to anyone who makes a Sam & Max game I can play on my Wii.*

Kudos to the forumers who organized this. Now I feel bad for not pitching in.

*Edit: That sounded... wronger than I intended XD
  • MelMel
    edited May 2007
    This is awesome. This morning I'm enjoying fresh fruit, and can report that the ********* held up well. The wine went with us on a company outing. We forgot to bring an opener, but it was nice to have it along just the same.

You guys rock.

You forgot the corkscrew!?! Oh pineapple!

Did anyone have a Swiss Army knife (they have a little corkscrew in them). Sorry. I'm obsessing over the wine. :o
  • edited May 2007
    We got another gift 'basket' today! Thanks again, guys... Nick is crawling around in the planters out front collecting ants as I type this :)

image1.jpg

image5.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image2.jpg
  • edited May 2007
    Damn.. for some reason I thought sending gifts sounded like a bad idea so I didn't donate anything.. but seeing how much fun they're having with this stuff, I wish I had.

Well, next time! :eek:
  • edited May 2007
    A spork.... of TITANIUM!? Why was I not informed of this incredible invention!?
  • edited May 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    A spork.... of TITANIUM!? Why was I not informed of this incredible invention!?

It was in Episode 6, so I thought it would be a funny gag gift. :p Some donaters were afraid you guys would be offended at the award, but I know you guys have humor so I didn't think you would take it personally. :)
  • edited May 2007
    Wha? The award is awesome :)

The fact that the rotating base also color-shifts its lighting just makes it 200x better
  • edited May 2007
    :p There's one more wee gift comming BTW, I'm not sure when it's going to get there though because it was backordered (even though they changed it to instock before I ordered...).
  • edited May 2007
    Great photos tabacco! my favorite gift was the ant farm :)
  • edited May 2007
    tabacco wrote: »

Woo! I'll have to order one. I'm obsessed with all things spork :D

(But not the spork's half-cousin, the infamous foon)
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    :p There's one more wee gift comming BTW, I'm not sure when it's going to get there though because it was backordered (even though they changed it to instock before I ordered...).

Is it a spoon bend talisman? :p

You are seriously spoiling them!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2007
    It appears to be a spork-titaniuming talisman, but it only worked once.
  • edited May 2007
    Good for eating coleslaw too, and um... I dunno, something! Coleslaw rocks! :D

Don't forget to take a couple pictures of the ants sometime, that would be cool. :)
  • edited May 2007
    Don't let Nick near the wine!
  • edited May 2007
    I'm glad you guys liked the gifts. We'll try to get you more stuff next season.
    However, if anyone can bend the spork with their mind, I'll personally buy them a car.*

*Does not guarantee a life-sized running automobile. Hotwheels comes to mind.

EDIT: Is it just me or do you guys play indoor office hockey(the net)?
  • edited May 2007
    OnCallDoc wrote: »
    I'm glad you guys liked the gifts. We'll try to get you more stuff next season.
    However, if anyone can bend the spork with their mind, I'll personally buy them a car.*

*Does not guarantee a life-sized running automobile. Hotwheels comes to mind.

Good thing you added that last line there. Who knows what kind of wizards they have working at their place, seeing as they are able to manufacture such great games in such short spaces of time? One of them must have the ability to bend time, and therefore I'm sure one of them has the ability to bend sporks with their mind as well. You never know, at least not when you're not adhering to reason or logic in any way. :D

"There is no spork..."

Anyway, congratulations with a season well done, Telltale Games! ;)
  • edited May 2007
    I bought my boyfriend the exact same ant farm (without the light) and he's not used it yet. :(
  • edited May 2007
    Hopefully the ants don't consume their entire little ecosystem there. Kinda suck if they had no where to go and starved. :/
  • edited May 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    Hopefully the ants don't consume their entire little ecosystem there. Kinda suck if they had no where to go and starved. :/

That is why I recommended the carnivorous plants! Overpopulation is never a problem when something higher in the food chain is hanging out next door.

If only dinosaurs still were around, us humans would not have to worry about world hunger and overpopulation... and I am sure most mother-in-laws would be taken care of too.
  • edited May 2007
    We can always get carnivorous plants next time. ;)
  • edited May 2007
    If we have enough money next time, how about an anteater? Granted, they make more of a mess than a carnivorous plant, but are so much cooler!

I can never be pleased, can I?
  • edited May 2007
    Anteater? Hmmm, I guess we'd have to buy it from a zoo...

P.S. The last gift was discontinued, so I used the refund to get something else. It should be there in 7-10 days. :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.