Which Ending Do You Like Better? (Spoilers, obviously)

edited December 2011 in Jurassic Park
So naturally, I had to play through the finale segment twice to see the two different endings (there are only two, right?) and I wanted to see which one everyone preferred.

Personally, I'm torn. I liked Nima so, of course, I do like the ending where she survives and gets to live happily ever after. On the other hand, I felt like the ending in which she died provided much better closure for Gerry and Jess. It also feels like it has a little more breathing room, instead of just bolting off into the sunset like the Nima Lives ending.

Which do you guys like better?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I like the worst ending where Jess is the only survivor. lol
  • edited November 2011
    My question about the ending... where did that bag of money come from? Did Billy pass a bank vault on his way to the docks?
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah... the bag of money had me scratching my head too... I just rolled with it though... maybe it was supposed to be Nedry's payment? I dunno.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm almost certain that it was Nedry's payment. Jess does say 'how much did you say those embryo's were worth?'
  • edited November 2011
    That might be Nedry's getaway boat with the money Dodgson gave him at the beginning of the first movie. Although I doubt he'd just leave that there.

Or it's the rest of his payment left there by BioSyn.
  • edited November 2011
    That's easy guys. That was the rest of the money. They were supposed to meet someone at the boat. Obviously either Billy killed them, or dinos did.
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah, it was Nedry's payment (its even in the same bag as the movie) After Nedry gave the can to his contact at the eastern dock he was off to the northern port to get on his own boat and leave the Island (I would guess the same boat which took him to the Island thus his money still on it)
  • edited November 2011
    Yeah, the bag of money confused me as well. But then I remember that the anoying guy from episode one said they were sending a second boat to pick them up. I'm guessing that was the second boat with the money in it and I'll just assume that the person who brought the boat was killed by dinosaurs.

But to get back on topic. I liked the ending where Nima lives. Billy's transformation from likeable would be here to cold hearted killer made him deserve his death. But Nima wanted the money to help her daughter and in the end she cared more about getting the people off the island then letting them die for money.

I consider the ending where she choose to save Jess over saving the can the true ending cause I think that's what Nima would have done.

Anyway.... hoping for a season two to confirm this. lol I hope they are able to do a season two.
  • edited November 2011
    Wow, Nedry was really dumb then. He received the money in San Jose. Why not put the $750K in a safety deposit box, or in the safe in his hotel room? Why take it back to the place of business that you're defrauding? After that why leave the bag in an unsecured, uncovered dingy with the keys still in the ignition?

If it is Nedry's bag, it must've been an afterthought.
  • edited November 2011
    Guys, it's the remaining money! You know, the money that they keep talking about getting when they get to the boat!
  • edited November 2011
    I figured that when they said "boat" in the movie, they were referring to the freighter/transport vessel that Nedry tried to reach at the beginning of the game. "That's up to your guy on the boat" etc..., not some mysterious speedboat docked on the other side of the island.

In fact the game makes no mention of the speedboat until they show up at the docks and voila, there it is. They could've at least inserted a bit of dialogue for Nima or Miles at the beginning that alluded to it.
  • edited November 2011
    I remember them mentioning the boat though. Somebody says there's a second boat coming. And I think that speedboat is the second boat.
  • edited November 2011
    There was always a 2nd boat mentioned in films and the game. Nedry was to take the cannister to his contact (aka that annoying guy at start of game) on the east dock. Then BioSyn was sending a boat to the North Dock for him to get off the island and recieve his payment.

Throughout the game this is why Nima wanted to travel North and they kept mentioning reaching the boat (which couldn't be the freighter as that was evacuated, as shown by the need for rescue teams and the fact they said they were leaving in 5 minutes before we left the dock and as it was at the east dock, why would be trying to head north?).

Therefore the bag of money is quite obviously the second half of Nedry's payment, hence the same style of bag as he got the first half in during the film and the biosyn contact bringing the boat probably got eaten by the rex, hence him being in the area when they all arrive.
  • edited November 2011
    Can we have an official answer on this subject? Cause however I look at this it doesn't make entirely sense.

If the speedboat is Nedry's boat then how does Miles and Nima know where the boat is?

But if the boat was send by Dodgson to collect the can then why is implied that Billy killed the guy on the boat? Why does he even needs the can afterward?
  • edited November 2011
    i didn't know you can choose endings lol, i guess deciding to get all the gold medals, really isn't worth it unless at the very end of the game
  • edited November 2011
    I like the ending with Nima surviving. It's better than her coming, spending forever at that island, and then die.
  • edited November 2011
    Dr.Dino wrote: »
    Can we have an official answer on this subject? Cause however I look at this it doesn't make entirely sense.

If the speedboat is Nedry's boat then how does Miles and Nima know where the boat is?

But if the boat was send by Dodgson to collect the can then why is implied that Billy killed the guy on the boat? Why does he even needs the can afterward?

Nima was also hired by BioSyn, so she knew where the boat would be. And I don't think Billy knew there was money on the boat and if he killed the guy on the boat it was because he didn't want any survivors knowing he was alive.

I'm surprised this whole issue has caused so much confusion, I thought it was pretty clear :S (and not just this, I mean the whole issue of the money on the boat.)
  • edited November 2011
    can you have the ending with billy surviving?
  • edited November 2011
    I just figured the guy on the boat had been eaten by a dinosaur.
  • edited November 2011
    Wait, there's different endings? How many?
  • edited November 2011
    Nightlight wrote: »
    Wait, there's different endings? How many?
    Two
    all dealing with Nima's choice to save Jess or save the Barbosol can.
    Actually scratch that three
    , one more if Gerry doesn't get on the boat.
  • edited November 2011
    I personally like
    Nima's death
    ending better.
  • edited November 2011
    i like save Nima ending.
  • edited November 2011
    I like the ending where Nima dies, because it's not as corny, and shows that life isn't perfect.
  • edited November 2011
    Hermes7282 wrote: »
    I like the ending where Nima dies, because it's not as corny, and shows that life isn't perfect.

Then why not the fake-out ending where Gerry gets chomped by Rexy just before jumping to the boat, we see the boat sailing off with a despondent Jess all alone while Rexy roars triumphantly?
  • edited November 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    Nima was also hired by BioSyn, so she knew where the boat would be. And I don't think Billy knew there was money on the boat and if he killed the guy on the boat it was because he didn't want any survivors knowing he was alive.

I can't see how does that work, sorry. Part of it I understand - Miles told Dodgson to send another boat and he shared that with Nima. (How she knew the boat would moor at the north dock is a mystery too)

But then why would Billy kill the guy who is suppose to pay him? Why would he even want the can if the guy who was to pay him is now dead?
  • edited November 2011
    It's entirely possible that Bionsyn just left the boat instead of waiting around for Nima and Miles to get there (though if that were the case, you'd think they'd have kept the money on the mainland).
  • edited November 2011
    I definitely prefer the ending where Nima is alive, because by the end of the game her and the Hardings really seem protective of one another. They definitely bonded. And although her daughter's need for the money is VERY strong, I don't think the Nima that we got to know would choose the can over Jess in that moment. I also like that the can got crushed like it did because it gave that damn can a "finality", lol. It's story was now complete, and sadly ended up not benefiting anybody, just like it should.

It is, however, fun to experience the Nima dies ending for the extra closure between Jess and Gerry that you don't get in the better ending.
  • edited November 2011
    I can't see how does that work, sorry. Part of it I understand - Miles told Dodgson to send another boat and he shared that with Nima. (How she knew the boat would moor at the north dock is a mystery too)

But then why would Billy kill the guy who is suppose to pay him? Why would he even want the can if the guy who was to pay him is now dead?

No one was supposed to pay Billy for the can, he was hired by INgen to rescue survivors, not by BioSyn who wanted the embryos. He only found out about the can because he forced Nima, who was hired by BioSyn, to tell him about it.

There are two possibilities to what happened to the guy on the boat, either he was killed by dinosaurs or Billy. If he was killed by Billy then it is likely Billy didn't know there was money on the boat, otherwise he wouldn't have come back for the can. If Billy did get the can I'm not sure what he was planning on doing with it, after all he didn't know who Nima's contacts were. It's likely he was just hoping to be able to sell it to the highest bidder.
  • edited November 2011
    Since Nima told Billy her plan it was their intention to get to the boat and deliver the can to the contact, while Oscar would rescue the survivors. I cannot understand why would Billy kill the guy that would pay him for the can and then go after the can when there won't be anybody to pay him for it anymore.
  • edited November 2011
    I liked the Nima living ending, it's really nice. But when she dies, you figure out that Gerry and Jesse are now together again.
  • bubbledncrbubbledncr Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    The boat that they escape on was the boast Miles and Nima were supposed to meet up with, should they have to go in and extract Nedry (which, they did). Billy knew about it because Nima told him about it. The money was meant to be Nima's payment. And unless some dialog changed that explained otherwise that I missed an update on, Billy didn't kill the guys on the boat - they were eaten by dinosaurs.

And I personally find the ending with just Gerry and Jess the more emotionally satisfying of the two. Tho I really wanted to have a 3rd ending where if you miss the last button for Gerry, Jess sails off on her own and the game ends, but I guess people thought that was too cruel.
  • edited November 2011
    bubbledncr wrote: »
    The boat that they escape on was the boast Miles and Nima were supposed to meet up with, should they have to go in and extract Nedry (which, they did). Billy knew about it because Nima told him about it. The money was meant to be Nima's payment. And unless some dialog changed that explained otherwise that I missed an update on, Billy didn't kill the guys on the boat - they were eaten by dinosaurs.

It isn't exactly explicit what kill the guys on the boat since the characters imply both things - they're either killed by dinosaurs or Billy - but with stronger implication that Billy did it. Thank you for clear this up.
  • edited November 2011
    It isn't exactly explicit what kill the guys on the boat since the characters imply both things - they're either killed by dinosaurs or Billy - but with stronger implication that Billy did it. Thank you for clear this up.

How is there a stronger implication that Billy did it? There's no evidence to support that.

Thanks for the clarification bubbledncr. I guessed that much from reading between the lines, but I guess it has to be spelled out for some people.
  • edited November 2011
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    There was always a 2nd boat mentioned in films and the game. Nedry was to take the cannister to his contact (aka that annoying guy at start of game) on the east dock. Then BioSyn was sending a boat to the North Dock for him to get off the island and recieve his payment.

Throughout the game this is why Nima wanted to travel North and they kept mentioning reaching the boat (which couldn't be the freighter as that was evacuated, as shown by the need for rescue teams and the fact they said they were leaving in 5 minutes before we left the dock and as it was at the east dock, why would be trying to head north?).

Therefore the bag of money is quite obviously the second half of Nedry's payment, hence the same style of bag as he got the first half in during the film and the biosyn contact bringing the boat probably got eaten by the rex, hence him being in the area when they all arrive.

The second boat we see in the game is never mentioned in the film (or the book): Nedry's not even supposed to leave the island after he'd dropped of the canister.

Nedry's plan was simple: turn off the alarm systems, fences and phones. Leave with the excuse of getting a snack (and possibly a bathroom visit); Arnold, Hammond and Muldoon wouldn't panic straight away, knowing Nedry is still working on all the systems and he did warn them some systems might be turned off and on again during the process.
    Nedry has time to steal the embryos as Arnold, Hammond and Muldoon are still in the control room, take a vehicle and drive to the dock, hand the canister to the contact on the dock, receive his money and return to the Visitor's Center. He then could restore the system and everything would be back to normal within fifteen minutes. A pretty solid plan, but no one considered or expected the possibility of a storm causing trouble.

The contact on the boat is most likely the man he's talking to on the phone, an unnamed, but most likely disgruntled, INGEN employee. For the game, this man became Miles.
  • edited November 2011
    Even if it's somewhat cruel and not entirely logical, I like the bad ending because it brings more closure to Jess and Gerry, and it's less perfect.

I say entirely, because you have to remember that as far as Nima knew, that barbasol can was the only chance her daughter had, so it makes some sense for her to go after the shaving cream in such a desperate moment.

I'd be more accepting of Nima's ending if it didn't have the bag.

For future referece, Telltale, try to make more variations in the story depending on the player input.
  • edited November 2011
    MrSeyker wrote: »
    For future referece, Telltale, try to make more variations in the story depending on the player input.

This. It doesnt matter where you want conversations to go, you just plug away until you get to where the game wants its story to go. Which makes it feel very forced. e.g. the first conversation billy has with nima about the can. You can keep having Billy answer that he cant trust her and hes here to save people instead, but the game still forces you to pick every conversation line until you hit the one that is obviously 'about the money' or whatever.
  • edited November 2011
    I personally liked the good ending, as it kinda gave closure to the game. The one where Nima died didn't feel right...it just kinda ended. I kept expecting more, but the credits rolled.
    Haven't seen the ending with just Jess yet, I'll have to check it out.

On a related note, wasn't Nublar supposed to be bombed? I don't recall seeing that happen. It's kinda odd to just assume it happened, that would've made a good finale. (Though I always imagined ever since I first saw the movie that they left the island abandoned, and perhaps a later movie would revisit what's left.)
  • edited November 2011
    I personally liked the good ending, as it kinda gave closure to the game. The one where Nima died didn't feel right...it just kinda ended. I kept expecting more, but the credits rolled.
    Haven't seen the ending with just Jess yet, I'll have to check it out.

On a related note, wasn't Nublar supposed to be bombed? I don't recall seeing that happen. It's kinda odd to just assume it happened, that would've made a good finale. (Though I always imagined ever since I first saw the movie that they left the island abandoned, and perhaps a later movie would revisit what's left.)

I think they realized that if they actually showed the island getting bombed, it'd be kinda depressing.
  • edited November 2011
    I think they realized that if they actually showed the island getting bombed, it'd be kinda depressing.

Exactly. The first time I finished the novel I was so sad. But I always thought it had to be done.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.