*Book SPOILER* A strange inconsistency

edited November 2011 in Jurassic Park
Didn't they blow up Isla Nublar as they were escaping from the island? How can we be running around it if they blew it up?

I'm only on Episode 3 of the game.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Finish the game and get back to us.
    It's going to get blown up, it just hasn't happened yet. Our intrepid heroes have to get off the island BEFORE it gets blown up.
  • edited November 2011
    It may be worthy to note as well that the game is based more on the world that the movies created "movie canon" and not so much the one the book did "book canon" ... there are plenty of things changed in the movie too... Like Hammond surviving, Tim and Lex's ages and personalities somewhat changed.. There are many other things different too.
  • edited November 2011
    The game is based on the movies, not the books. Although the whole idea of bombing the island clearly came from the book, we can assume it just happened later in the "movieverse."
  • edited November 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    It may be worthy to note as well that the game is based more on the world that the movies created "movie canon" and not so much the one the book did "book canon" ... there are plenty of things changed in the movie too... Like Hammond surviving, Tim and Lex's ages and personalities somewhat changed.. There are many other things different too.

Muldoon was a big difference as well.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Speaking of inconsistencies, wasn't that Barbasol can meant to protect the DNA only for mere hours? I'm not sure if I counted correctly, but I assume that there was an entire day more than that can would have lasted.
  • edited November 2011
    Speaking of inconsistencies, wasn't that Barbasol can meant to protect the DNA only for mere hours? I'm not sure if I counted correctly, but I assume that there was an entire day more than that can would have lasted.

I believe Miles added more coolant or something to it after he opened it up to check it. Definitely heard a hissing sound or something like.
  • edited November 2011

Nima also said not to shake the can but come on those embryos must have been destroyed long before they reached the dock, considering all the action Billy and Nima went through.
  • edited November 2011
    I believe Miles added more coolant or something to it after he opened it up to check it. Definitely heard a hissing sound or something like.

He used a CO2 canister to "recharge" the coolant. Even so, there was supposed to be enough coolant inside for 36 hours I believe.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Imagine the irony if Nima
    sacrificed Jess to get the can
    , then got back to the mainland just to hear a brusk "that stuff is worth shit since yesterday, you can keep it". That would've been a different kind of justice than what TTG did in the actual game.
  • edited November 2011

36 Hours in both the Novel and Movie universe.
  • edited November 2011
    Wonder what kind of bomb was used? I mean couldn't a few on the eggs survive? They probably were laid and buried a little under some foliage and brush or underground to protect them.
  • edited November 2011
    the Mosasur got free too.
  • edited November 2011

Which would finally help explain how the guys in the boat at the begining of Jurassic park 3 died.
  • edited November 2011
    Which would finally help explain how the guys in the boat at the begining of Jurassic park 3 died.

hey that's a great idea!
  • edited November 2011
    Miles probably knew he had a few hours to get the can someplace cold... but Nima and Billy didn't... It probably went bad when they stayed the night in the maintenance bunker... In the end Billy went after the worthless can for nothing and became rex chow for it.... Karma.
  • edited November 2011
    Miles probably knew he had a few hours to get the can someplace cold... but Nima and Billy didn't... It probably went bad when they stayed the night in the maintenance bunker... In the end Billy went after the worthless can for nothing and became rex chow for it.... Karma.

Actually, it didn't matter if the can survived or not. The money was on the boat waiting for them. lol
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks for all of your answers. Everything makes sense now. :)
  • edited November 2011
    Actually, it didn't matter if the can survived or not. The money was on the boat waiting for them. lol

yep it was there.
  • edited November 2011

No it didn't, the path to the ocean was the path that Nima, Gerry and Jess took on the way out. Gerry didn't shoot the harpoon at that door only to save the group but to at the same time seal the only entrance out so the Mosasaur couldn't be let out. The harpoon wouldn't have killed the Mosasur anyways so it was better spent on the door.
  • edited November 2011

No. He used a CO2 canister to essentially refill the coolant. So we can assume another 36 hours. That's a day and a half after that. I think that it was about mid-day when they found the boat, and we can also assume that there would've been a cooling unit on the boat.

Remember, Dodgson told Nedry, "There's enough coolant inside for 36 hours." That's 36 hours from when he put the embryos in, adding onto that for the CO2 canister Miles used. Embryos weren't ruined.
  • edited November 2011
    No it didn't, the path to the ocean was the path that Nima, Gerry and Jess took on the way out. Gerry didn't shoot the harpoon at that door only to save the group but to at the same time seal the only entrance out so the Mosasaur couldn't be let out. The harpoon wouldn't have killed the Mosasur anyways so it was better spent on the door.

even if it survived a possible air strike... the poor thing would have starved to death.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.