What's episode 5?

I herd there was 5 episodes so whats episode 5?

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I herd there was 5 episodes so whats episode 5?

there isnt one just 4 episodes, there was going too be one though but got tooken out
  • edited November 2011
    Instead of the game being broken into 5 episodes one every month for 5 months they released it complete and in four episodes instead of 5.
  • edited November 2011
    Can anybody inform us what was planned to be in the missing episode. As I remember during tunnel escape scene, two panels at the junction mentioning motor pool, tour rides, staff village...was any of those locations planned to be in the missing episode?
  • edited November 2011
    I'm guessing the missing episode had something to do with Dr. Sorkin's dead assistant. In the first episode, we hear his voice in the background, but after that Sorkin just states that he's gone but we never know why...
  • edited November 2011
    Do not quote me on this.. but I do not really think there IS a missing episode... I sort of assumed when the game was delayed it was just sort of re-edited into four episodes.
  • edited November 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Do not quote me on this.. but I do not really think there IS a missing episode... I sort of assumed when the game was delayed it was just sort of re-edited into four episodes.
    If I recall it was an offshoot storyline with Jess being split off from Gerry, but I don't recall why. I'm sure it got condensed into whatever we have now though.
  • edited November 2011
    I don't think any whole episode was cut out...maybe a few pieces if anything. I sure hope SOMETHING with the assistant was cut. That was a messed up, off paced, WTF moment when he was introduced
    and written off
    . I managed to get into the game pretty well and even I felt removed from the experience
    at the mention of his death
  • edited November 2011
    Yes, the explanation was definitely missed.
  • edited November 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    Yes, the explanation was definitely missed.

There was an explanation but it felt so ...thrown in.
  • edited November 2011
    Johro wrote: »
    There was an explanation but it felt so ...thrown in.

They mention in the commentary that there was a subplot where they good looking for the assitants and find his body. At first I thought the Troodon had used the assistant to build their "nest" until it was revealed to be D-caf. I think from a logical perspective it made more sense for him to be the one in the nest. From a character development stand point it made sense to be D-caf.
  • edited November 2011
    There is a secret episode, but you have to unlock it. Unlocking said episode however, requires cunning and finesse.
  • edited November 2011
    caeska wrote: »
    There is a secret episode, but you have to unlock it. Unlocking said episode however, requires cunning and finesse.

Reminds of those FFVII rumors what are not true.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011

And here I am, quoting Irishmile on this.

Can't find the TTG quotes right now, but I remember that the storyline was, much like a movie, re-cut to fit in four episodes. There is no fixed "secret" episode. Things were reconsidered, things were re-arranged, as was often done with Sam & Max or other TTG games previously, some things were cut to make room for other new things. For example, as Laserschwert has noticed in this thread, it seems like one character was cut.
  • edited November 2011
    And here I am, quoting Irishmile on this.

Can't find the TTG quotes right now, but I remember that the storyline was, much like a movie, re-cut to fit in four episodes. There is no fixed "secret" episode. Things were reconsidered, things were re-arranged, as was often done with Sam & Max or other TTG games previously, some things were cut to make room for other new things. For example, as Laserschwert has noticed in this thread, it seems like one character was cut.

i am kind of thinking we all know this, [PHP]the guy that was talking with Dr. sorkin while they were watching, and rescueing gerry harding and jess harding[/PHP]
  • edited November 2011
    Episode 5 has officially been confirmed by Telltale! This is good news for all of us.

Episode 5 picks up where episode 4 ended, with the boat ride over. After getting to Costa Rica, both Gerry and Jess fly out of Liberia International Airport back to Dallas on an American Airlines flight. Your first encounter is at Gerry's ex-wife's house, where a fight sequence with QTE ensues between Gerry and the ex-wife's boyfriend. You win that fight. Next, you go to the courthouse (but not before having another cinematic QTE adventure on the highways of Dallas), to appeal the custody case. If your fingers are fast enough, you win a 50/50% on the custody of Jess. Later, you go to your new job at the Dallas Zoo where the reptile enclosure was accidently left open, allowing a few species to escape. More QTEs that must be successful to save lives at the Zoo. Animals are recaptured, and Gerry is the hero. During that same timeframe, Jess has one last shoplifiting spree. QTE events for Jess outrunning the local mall cops, and if you're good enough, she gets away with it. But that is the straw that breaks the camel's back, and she swears she'll never steal again in her life. Gerry buys a house in Dallas and settles in, content with seeing Jess equally as her mother (50/50).
  • bubbledncrbubbledncr Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    We planned to have an episode 5 for a significant portion of the production, but it always felt a little like we were just stretching the story out. So like people have guessed, we re-edited to make episode 4 longer than originally planned, and keep the excitement up for a big action packed ending.

The thing with Sorkin's assistant was only ever meant to be an episode 2 thing, and I think that mostly ended up getting cut because of what we were and weren't allowed to do for a Teen rating - but since that wasn't decided until after we had gotten most of episode 1 done, and the assistant was in episode 1, we still had to address what happened to him.

If there was a secret episode 5, I think it would have been about the adventures of Barney the security guard.
  • edited November 2011
    bubbledncr wrote: »
    I think that mostly ended up getting cut because of what we were and weren't allowed to do for a Teen rating

Well.... that sucks. If someone pops back in here, how far along was it cut? Was it near finished? Is it something that could show up in video form at some point?
  • edited November 2011
    We planned to have an episode 5 for a significant portion of the production, but it always felt a little like we were just stretching the story out. So like people have guessed, we re-edited to make episode 4 longer than originally planned, and keep the excitement up for a big action packed ending.

The thing with Sorkin's assistant was only ever meant to be an episode 2 thing, and I think that mostly ended up getting cut because of what we were and weren't allowed to do for a Teen rating - but since that wasn't decided until after we had gotten most of episode 1 done, and the assistant was in episode 1, we still had to address what happened to him.

If there was a secret episode 5, I think it would have been about the adventures of Barney the security guard.

wait how do they put the medicine in the waters of isla sorna, if they survived more than they were supposed to?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for the clarification, bubble. One thing remains, though - when
    Harding and Nima get separated from Jess and the others
    , was this really only meant as a story device so they might get their one-on-one "important chat", or was there more originally? To me it really felt like they were supposed to have a dino adventure of some sort before they
    reunite with the others only five minutes after their initial separation
  • edited November 2011
    yea, telltale, it would be nice if u can say us what was really cut at the end?
  • edited November 2011
    wait how do they put the medicine in the waters of isla sorna, if they survived more than they were supposed to?

If you're asking how the dinosaurs on Site B survived the Lysine Contingency, they answer that in the movie. The herbivores eat agama beans and soy, generally anything lysine rich. And the carnivores eat the herbivores. Mystery solved.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm pretty sure Dr Sorkin in some way killed her assistant based on how many movies go and based on how unstable she was,i'm sure she fed him to the troodons or something like that,or didn't save him after they had an animal dispute because his methods differed from hers.
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks for the clarification, bubble. One thing remains, though - when
    Harding and Nima get separated from Jess and the others
    , was this really only meant as a story device so they might get their one-on-one "important chat", or was there more originally? To me it really felt like they were supposed to have a dino adventure of some sort before they
    reunite with the others only five minutes after their initial separation

Yeah, this felt really odd to me too. It really felt like there was
    going to be a longer separation between father and daughter. I thought we were going to get a chance to see how they behaved when they weren't around each other but then they met up in like the next scene.
    It just felt like a bit of wasted potential story-wise, I really thought they were going to do more with it.
  • edited November 2011
    It would be quite nice if we have seen tour vehicle/jeep passing through main gate :)
  • edited November 2011
    I think Telltale should release either an episode 3.5 to show what happens with Gerry and Nima or an Episode 0 with a bit more insite to the events of the original movie

-Edit-

and also make it a free episode :3
  • bubbledncrbubbledncr Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    Yeah, this felt really odd to me too. It really felt like there was
    going to be a longer separation between father and daughter. I thought we were going to get a chance to see how they behaved when they weren't around each other but then they met up in like the next scene.
    It just felt like a bit of wasted potential story-wise, I really thought they were going to do more with it.

I didn't get involved in the design of episode 4 until fairly late in its story development - at that point, the story was pretty final, and if anything changed, it was pretty minor just to make things work better from an animation aspect - but as far as I know, they weren't ever supposed to be separated for much longer than what's currently in the episode. But they may have cut a puzzle or something before I was involved in those conversations.
  • edited November 2011
    I didn't get involved in the design of episode 4 until fairly late in its story development - at that point, the story was pretty final, and if anything changed, it was pretty minor just to make things work better from an animation aspect - but as far as I know, they weren't ever supposed to be separated for much longer than what's currently in the episode. But they may have cut a puzzle or something before I was involved in those conversations.

It just felt like there was a lot of unrealised potential for drama there, like their separation was building to something and wasn't just an excuse to get Gerry and Nima alone in order to reveal Nima's backstory, but I guess that's all it was. I mean they did need to get Nima's backstory out of the way, it just felt like there was more potential there story-wise. It should be noted, however, that as a writer myself I am obsessed with narrative structure.
  • edited December 2011
    Instead of the game being broken into 5 episodes one every month for 5 months they released it complete and in four episodes instead of 5.

I prefer the 5 episodes over 5 months. I like clicking on the individual episodes and playing a different part of the story.
  • edited December 2011
    Clord wrote: »
    Reminds of those FFVII rumors what are not true.

With the analog sticks! you can save her or bring her back!:p.... not :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.